What's the endgame for Bruce Pearl and his tweets?

Hasn’t Bruce’s recruiting been the best Auburn hoops have ever had?  I mean his recruiting is top shelf and regardless of his personal political positions, it doesn’t seem to have any effect.  

11 hours ago, keesler said:

Hasn’t Bruce’s recruiting been the best Auburn hoops have ever had?  I mean his recruiting is top shelf and regardless of his personal political positions, it doesn’t seem to have any effect.  

So far...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So far...

He’ll/we’ll be fine. Ultimately he’s a person of passion with extremely resolved convictions.  No way to “decaffeinate” him (and he’s also ridiculously talented). After election season is over and Gaza winds down, this should naturally lessen.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

After election season is over and Gaza winds down, this should naturally lessen.

This is an actual misread of the situation.  Bruce, as you say, is passionate with his convictions and he will not be “decaffeinated”, but to believe his passion for his religion and those that want to destroy it will wain after the election is wrong.  Just today he tweeted:

The Biden-Harris administration has spent the time since Oct 7th begging Israel to come to a cease fire agreement and not pressuring HAMAS.  At the DNC they had the parents of Hersh Goldberg-Polin speak and beg HAMAS to release their son.  Just days ago HAMAS murdered their son.  HAMAS does not fear Harris or Biden and knows nothing will be done.  Goldberg-Polin was an American citizen.

Carter didn’t survive because he did not bring our hostages home, but Harris may because Americans are divided over what is the right thing to do.

If Harris is elected president, I would not expect Bruce to be quieted one bit.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

He’ll/we’ll be fine. Ultimately he’s a person of passion with extremely resolved convictions.  No way to “decaffeinate” him (and he’s also ridiculously talented). After election season is over and Gaza winds down, this should naturally lessen.

Well, that sorta implies he's maybe learned to attenuate it.  If it keeps up, it won't "die down".  I hope you're right.

• Thanks 1

Said that in the past. You get all of Bruce or none and doubt it’s negotiable.

• Like 1

Can you say “Senator Pearl”?

43 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Maybe that would make you happy, but I'd prefer to see him remain our BB coach.

Last thing Alabama needs in another Senator Tuberville. :-\

3 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Not that I’m in favor, but it would be an upgrade over Tuberville 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/29/2024 at 2:59 PM, homersapien said:

I was about to post the same link and saw you beat me to it.

For the record, I'm probably more conservative than CBP, and I still think he should just shut up and do his primary job.  But I also think the same of NBA players.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

Maybe that would make you happy, but I'd prefer to see him remain our BB coach.

Last thing Alabama needs in another Senator Tuberville. :-\

I would prefer that he remains our BB coach, too.

Hoping this thread exits from all/any political forums.

Me & CBP BB. War Damn Eagle!

Me & religion/politics in BB = F*theF*off.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is an actual misread of the situation.  Bruce, as you say, is passionate with his convictions and he will not be “decaffeinated”, but to believe his passion for his religion and those that want to destroy it will wain after the election is wrong.  Just today he tweeted:

The Biden-Harris administration has spent the time since Oct 7th begging Israel to come to a cease fire agreement and not pressuring HAMAS.  At the DNC they had the parents of Hersh Goldberg-Polin speak and beg HAMAS to release their son.  Just days ago HAMAS murdered their son.  HAMAS does not fear Harris or Biden and knows nothing will be done.  Goldberg-Polin was an American citizen.

Carter didn’t survive because he did not bring our hostages home, but Harris may because Americans are divided over what is the right thing to do.

If Harris is elected president, I would not expect Bruce to be quieted one bit.

Bruce's tweet that Israel has agreed with every hostage deal proposed is completely false and extremely irresponsible for someone with his large audience. 

Netanyahu has changed the terms of a cease fire more than once and has made it clear that the release of all hostages is not enough for him to end the attacks. So much so that the Hostages Family Forum Headquarters, a NGO group that represents most of the hostages' families, released a statement that "strongly condemned" some of Netanyahu's public statements. 

Netanyahu's own staff has said that he should be more flexible in efforts to come into an agreement and that his actions have been politically motivated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, cbo said:

Bruce's tweet that Israel has agreed with every hostage deal proposed is completely false and extremely irresponsible for someone with his large audience. 

Netanyahu has changed the terms of a cease fire more than once and has made it clear that the release of all hostages is not enough for him to end the attacks. So much so that the Hostages Family Forum Headquarters, a NGO group that represents most of the hostages' families, released a statement that "strongly condemned" some of Netanyahu's public statements. 

Netanyahu's own staff has said that he should be more flexible in efforts to come into an agreement and that his actions have been politically motivated. 

The one thing Israel has been consistent about is HAMAS not remaining in power, HAMAS will never agree on that aspect.  People that are brokering the cease fire are all pro HAMAS and putting pressure on Israel to capitulate.  Now HAMAS are shooting hostages, which is an act of desperation, hoping the people who respect life will cave to terrorists (the very people that do not respect life).

How does one fight that?  How do you let these people back in power?

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The one thing Israel has been consistent about is HAMAS not remaining in power, HAMAS will never agree on that aspect.  People that are brokering the cease fire are all pro HAMAS and putting pressure on Israel to capitulate.  Now HAMAS are shooting hostages, which is an act of desperation, hoping the people who respect life will cave to terrorists (the very people that do not respect life).

How does one fight that?  How do you let these people back in power?

some of the younger folks over there want the killing to stop as well and i am pretty sure they are not hammas or they would be in jail. my close friend and second ex with cancer lives in weaverville. you close?

19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

some of the younger folks over there want the killing to stop as well and i am pretty sure they are not hammas or they would be in jail. my close friend and second ex with cancer lives in weaverville. you close?

Wanting the killing to stop is exactly what terrorist want too.  They don’t care about their people getting killed, but they know life respecting people do, so they continue the fight to stay in power.

Less people will be killed, even Palestinians, if HAMAS is defeated.  It is why America fought in WWII and achieved total defeat of the German, Italian and Japanese armies.  I might add, all three are allies today.

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It is why America fought in WWII and achieved total defeat of the German, Italian and Japanese armies.  I might add, all three are allies today.

Hamas isn’t a country to annihilate or a bad guy to whack, it’s a jihadist movement that’s been around since Reagan was president.  Btw does anyone understand the Jews and Palestinians had a reversed role for 2000 years?  The Palestine’s feel betrayed by the UN and the planet? Whole thing was mismanaged.

Italy?

image.thumb.png.8e3ca7d5bd7a4e9fab063811cbf3ba44.png

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Hamas isn’t a country to annihilate or a bad guy to whack, it’s a jihadist movement that’s been around since Reagan was president.  Btw does anyone understand the Jews and Palestinians had a reversed role for 2000 years?  The Palestine’s feel betrayed by the UN and the planet? Whole thing was mismanaged.

Italy?

image.thumb.png.8e3ca7d5bd7a4e9fab063811cbf3ba44.png

HAMAS are bad guys that need to be whacked no matter how long they have been around.  They are a terrorist organization that kidnap innocents and use them as bargaining chips.  What is so difficult to understand here?  Whatever their reasons for the sneak attack on Oct, 7th it was the wrong way to go about things.  They may not be a country, but they control the people in it as a lot of the aide they receive is distributed as HAMAS sees fit.  Not for their people, but for tunnels, rockets and offensive weaponry.

Yes, Italy.  It is a country that sided with Germany in 1940 until 1943.  Mussolini, as suggested by Hitler, set up a fascist government and it lasted until 1943.  Not a big part of WWII, but enough to put them on the wrong side of history.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

HAMAS are bad guys that need to be whacked no matter how long they have been around.  They are a terrorist organization that kidnap innocents and use them as bargaining chips.  What is so difficult to understand here?  Whatever their reasons for the sneak attack on Oct, 7th it was the wrong way to go about things.  They may not be a country, but they control the people in it as a lot of the aide they receive is distributed as HAMAS sees fit.  Not for their people, but for tunnels, rockets and offensive weaponry.

Yes, Italy.  It is a country that sided with Germany in 1940 until 1943.  Mussolini, as suggested by Hitler, set up a fascist government and it lasted until 1943.  Not a big part of WWII, but enough to put them on the wrong side of history.

I understand Italy’s history. The point was its aggression  was driven by one dictator. He goes, aggression goes (that and a total allied top to bottom invasion). If you actually see any parallels between that and Hamas… ok, good luck with that.

31 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I understand Italy’s history. The point was its aggression  was driven by one dictator. He goes, aggression goes (that and a total allied top to bottom invasion). If you actually see any parallels between that and Hamas… ok, good luck with that.

The parallel I was making is in WWII there was a complete surrender of both Germany and Japan (Italy’s own people ousted Mussolini).  It is the only way to get rid of HAMAS, no deal could work leaving them in power.

19 hours ago, WillMunny said:

I was about to post the same link and saw you beat me to it.

For the record, I'm probably more conservative than CBP, and I still think he should just shut up and do his primary job.  But I also think the same of NBA players.

I agree. I think everyone should shut up, even in their free time, and just do their primary job.

3 minutes ago, creed said:

I agree. I think everyone should shut up, even in their free time, and just do their primary job.

Guess that doesn’t apply to members of this board. 😉

42 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The parallel I was making is in WWII there was a complete surrender of both Germany and Japan (Italy’s own people ousted Mussolini).  It is the only way to get rid of HAMAS, no deal could work leaving them in power.

When the maps were drawn after ww2 two peoples were left standing after the maps musical chairs were redrawn - the Kurds and Palestinians. And both have been fighting ever since. Candidly if the US somehow had been given to Mexico 80 years ago by the UN, what would you do be doing right now?

This isn’t traditional warfare so if you believe that if magically every Hamas leader were killed or moved to Antarctica the problem suddenly goes away - enjoy happy land.

The only possible solution is the US/UN have to play God and come up with least bad /nobody’s happy border solution and then put boots on the ground (ie the DMZ) for probably 2 friggin generations. Otherwise, this goes on for 1000 more years. Pick one.

• Like 1

When the maps were drawn after ww2 two peoples were left standing after the maps musical chairs were redrawn - the Kurds and Palestinians. And both have been fighting ever since. Candidly if the US somehow had been given to Mexico 80 years ago by the UN, what would you do be doing right now?

This isn’t traditional warfare so if you believe that if magically every Hamas leader were killed or moved to Antarctica the problem suddenly goes away - enjoy happy land.

The only possible solution is the US/UN have to play God and come up with least bad /nobody’s happy border solution and then put boots on the ground (ie the DMZ) for probably 2 friggin generations. Otherwise, this goes on for 1000 more years. Pick one.

How about disolve the UN, get them out of Gaza and let an Arab government not named HAMAS or any other Iran proxy run Gaza.  Take the aide given and build up a healthy society?  I know, insane.

As to your first question; Speaking Spanish.