can we do something to remember mikey?

he has been gone enough i fear he is not coming back. and lord that man loved auburn. he and i fought a lot but i always liked mikey for the record. i hope he is well and i am wrong.  he loved this site and most of the folks on here. i miss you mikey. us old geezers have to stick together.

• Like 9

i have no idea what we could do but i hope we come up with something. i loved it when mikey went gangster on us..................

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

I hear he hit the portal to UCF.

you snake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grins

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I've reached out to his email address again to see if he or anyone will respond.

i believe in my heart he has passed. i pray he has not. he would have been back by now. anyway if we celebrate him he would feelgood when he came back? or since i am different maybe it wouldbe in bad taste doing it and not knowing?

Mikey could take a punch and punch back. He had thick skin and he kept coming back which is why I don’t think he just walked away from this board. He enjoyed horses, I remember that about him. 

IMG_1574.gif

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

I always liked and respected Mikey’s takes. Not really sure why so many posters piled on his opinions so much, as I found him to be an even-keeled AU fan who looked at things fairly logically. 

Peeps wanted to break the Gus disciple he is. I admit…I have fun poking that Gus balloon. I have a good friend that is still pissed we moved on from Gus, then Harsin. He refuses to accept we are killing it in recruiting without either of them. So I send him updates on every 4/5 star commit.

Agreed with your take. I enjoy his sports takes whether or not I agreed with them. He brings substance, not hot air. Mad respects.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Viper said:

gus-baseball.gif

We have some real talent on this board as it relates to finding the perfect GIFs.   Viper is as good as any.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

We have some real talent on this board as it relates to finding the perfect GIFs.   Viper is as good as any.

he told me he did not like you........grins

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

22 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Lm4MAJueuJYoBZgmCb.webp

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I concur. So funny and delightful. c157ea27fe829f0173aa6bc07315063f572e4b73.thumb.jpeg.41aa94b0bef480c6cd10725f2473a432.jpeg

• Haha 2

I’m kind of like Mikey, a Gus loyalist.  It took me a bit to realize we had to move on. I wasn’t a Harsin loyalist, though!!! Being loyal is a good characteristic to have and it runs deep in my family upbringing.  

Mikey, I hope you are just taking a break until football season starts. If you’re watching from the best seat in the house this year, ask the Big Guy upstairs to do us some favors! When I lost my mother in 2009, I just knew she was watching out for the team in 2010. 😁

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Shadow Tiger said:

I concur. So funny and delightful. c157ea27fe829f0173aa6bc07315063f572e4b73.thumb.jpeg.41aa94b0bef480c6cd10725f2473a432.jpeg

Mark Davis uses the same barber as Lloyd Christmas. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

I've gone back and forth with Mikey a few times but I always respect him. He is very knowledgeable on anything Auburn. He can talk AU football, men's and women's basketball, baseball, softball, gymnastics, etc. He just loves Auburn and everything associated with it. He has said many times that the new recruiting rules, NIL, portal are driving him away slowly. If he is staying away for good, I pray it's because of the current state of college sports that he openly despises and not because of something medical or passing away. 

If you're reading this Mikey, please just pop in to let us know you're ok. Alot of people here care about you and are worried. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Mikey wanted 20 LB’s on scholarship every season! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Mikey wanted 20 LB’s on scholarship every season! 

That was always a bit out there…more than 19 is overkill.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, The Freak said:

Ya'll must have forgotten the long snapper debacle.

You mean Offensive Lineman…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Shadow Tiger said:

Is this an AI generated photo of Kirby Smart in 2035?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Is this an AI generated photo of Kirby Smart in 2035?

Keep it on the down low lol.