Wear ORANGE to the season opener!

abw0004

Auburn is asking fans to wear ORANGE to the season opener.  War Eagle!

IMG_0295.jpeg

• Like 1

The wife and I are bringing our boys down for the game.  This will be my son’s first real game.  I brought him to A Day a few years ago.   Time to make some memories!  

War Eagle!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Because one of had to in this thread. Great video and backstory to this. Time to play 🏈 WDE 🦅 

• Like 1

man.............orange makes me look fat just saying.........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

No thanks from me to orange or blue Saturday.  If I decide to go it will be white in this heat.

It is a night game so you won't have to deal with the sun much.

I just bought me a nice burnt orange(hard to fine these days) Auburn polo! I think I’ll rock that, but I’ll be traveling with the fam to the beach. My crew is going to be decked out at the airport.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

No thanks from me to orange or blue Saturday.  If I decide to go it will be white in this heat.

I do think the "white outs" are the best look.

IMG_4027.webp

• Like 3

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

It is a night game so you won't have to deal with the sun much.

Afternoon tailgates to visit. I feel obligated to wonder around campus, eat my friend’s/relative’s food and drink their beer. 

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just bought me a nice burnt orange(hard to fine these days) Auburn polo! I think I’ll rock that, but I’ll be traveling with the fam to the beach. My crew is going to be decked out at the airport.

Where on earth did you find that? All I have is the too bright for pumpkins orange. And that's all I see when shopping. I would love to have an original AU orange color shirt.

35 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Where on earth did you find that? All I have is the too bright for pumpkins orange. And that's all I see when shopping. I would love to have an original AU orange color shirt.

Here is the one I bought 

https://www.alumnihall.com/cutter-and-buck/auburn-cutter--buck-mens-virt-194299?gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADDAxCg7kgcoyz9iXSWNNogV_RwGD&gclid=CjwKCAjw8rW2BhAgEiwAoRO5rHDBV5_ifr3FSGjhoNT87Yu9M6o_IhKXLR0SDfj4eqcSNXS1sIn37xoCFL0QAvD_BwE

But here’s another one 

https://www.jmbooks.com/au-classic-orange-and-thin-navy-stripe-polo.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I love our orange, but you'll have to look high & low to find any. I got an email from the "official" AU fan shop about wearing orange, so I went to the website & saw exactly 1 orange short sleeved shirt for women that wasn't cropped (whew! I'm too old for that) or for the gymnastics team (that one looked great, but...). I emailed them back & asked why no orange given the call to wear orange on opening day. No response so far. Just seems dumb to me. I'm certainly sympathetic with the poster who said he was wearing white because of the heat. I'd wear orange if the shirt itself was lightweight, but not wearing navy in the heat! 

Edited by TigerTennis80

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Afternoon tailgates to visit. I feel obligated to wonder around campus, eat my friend’s/relative’s food and drink their beer. 

you gonna get you some of them french fried taters .umhuh?

Still trying to decide which one. I know, my institutional scrubs are a little over the top. Probably go with basic fruit.

image.png.4de5f70382f940d1d4eccff8c1c29915.pngimage.thumb.png.c54f8dc4b2158f75222dd1de41b42e99.png

• Haha 2

Had another kidney surgery yesterday, so I'll be wearing orange and watching from home.  Had hoped to make it to the game, but just not able.  It will be the first home opener I've missed in 48 years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Wow 1

14 minutes ago, im4aual said:

Had another kidney surgery yesterday, so I'll be wearing orange and watching from home.  Had hoped to make it to the game, but just not able.  It will be the first home opener I've missed in 48 years.

Get well soon and hope the surgery went well.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I do think the "white outs" are the best look.

IMG_4027.webp

I agree that the whiteout is the best, followed by orange....the stripe the stadium is the worst! 

1 hour ago, im4aual said:

Getting old ain't for sissies, is it? I've seen the doctor more in the last 14 months than in the 20+ years before. But it's football season and I'm ready for it.

Here's hoping we both get well soon. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, im4aual said:

WOW!! What a record!! Sorry you have to miss but praying for great results from the surgery.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, im4aual said:

Feel better soon! I think I’ve only missed a handful of openers since 1987. 

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Like 1