2024 Streaming options for CFB

Time for the annual streaming decision-fest. According to this site, Hulu+Live TV is the only option that gets you everything in one place. After reading a few more search results, I'm skeptical of that claim. Hulu+Live TV checks in at $76.99/month - so much for reducing the cable bill - but has some extras, including Disney+ and ESPN+ so you can watch on your phone while out and about. Part of me also likes the aspect that the Mouse might have to pay Comcast more for Hulu in arbitration if they have more subscribers. I've hated the Mouse to varying degrees since 2004, when their PR machine hyped us out of the NC game. 

YouTube TV has ABC and the four main ESPN channels in their base $52.99 package, but I don't see the SEC network as an option there. Can you get through to the SECN?

What says the Fam Hive Mind? 

21 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Time for the annual streaming decision-fest. According to this site, Hulu+Live TV is the only option that gets you everything in one place. After reading a few more search results, I'm skeptical of that claim. Hulu+Live TV checks in at $76.99/month - so much for reducing the cable bill - but has some extras, including Disney+ and ESPN+ so you can watch on your phone while out and about. Part of me also likes the aspect that the Mouse might have to pay Comcast more for Hulu in arbitration if they have more subscribers. I've hated the Mouse to varying degrees since 2004, when their PR machine hyped us out of the NC game. 

YouTube TV has ABC and the four main ESPN channels in their base $52.99 package, but I don't see the SEC network as an option there. Can you get through to the SECN?

What says the Fam Hive Mind? 

Look closely, they have SEC network. And now I remember, you log into ESPN with your Youtube acct and you get SEC+

• Like 1

Since we y’all are discussing this, who can help some older folks (my hubs and me) out with streaming games in our camper? We want to get a small smart tv for our little camper. We can pick up free WiFi from the campground. I know we need an app to get games but don’t want to pay an arm and a leg.  Has anyone had any experience with the Xfinity streaming app? That’s our service at home and I was wondering if we could use it while away. And if it carried most the games.  Anybody know?

Also, which kind of tv is better for that? Roku? Google? 🤷‍♀️

Edited by 3rdgeneration

TV isn’t necessarily that important. Roku makes plenty of inexpensive devices that can connect to most modern tvs. 

I use YouTube TV. One thing I like about it is the ability to record and watch games later. Often family duties requires me to watch games after they are over so I will record the game and quit checking social media etc until I watch the game. I’m