Touchdown Auburn Bowl: Email Privacy

Auctoritas

Hi all - if you're reading this, you're either deep into the forums, bored, or you followed the link from one of the Touchdown Auburn Bowl forms (not playing? get on in! game is open all season!)

Last year, there were a few times where players swore they had put their picks in but did not show up in my final scoring for the week. As a result, I swapped to Google Forms because it allows collecting responder input email addresses (meaning, so long as it's in a valid email format - something@something.something - it will assume it's a working address). This is important because I know there are people who would rather stay totally anonymous on the boards, and this gives them an option to opt out of providing an email while still playing.

That said, I wanted to share again my ground rules for the email collection process and how I'll maintain your privacy. This is also my instruction manual for how to do the email address thing.

1. I will, under no circumstances, share any email addresses with anyone, nor will I email you - if I need to get in touch with you, I'll message you on the forum.
2. I will delete the Google Form at the completion of the week after I complete the scoring, and will only keep the spreadsheet long enough to ensure there's no issues with the scoring, after which it will be permanently deleted.
3. If you DO want a copy of your responses, enter a valid email and select the toggle at the bottom that says "Send me a copy of my responses."
4. If you DO NOT want a copy of your responses, just enter a dummy or fake email address in a valid email address format (just make something up, something like a@a.com or something). Your answers will still be recorded, and I will still do the mid/late-week ping of everyone I have responses for, but then I won't get your email address.
5. IMPORTANT: If you are logged in via a Gmail account on your computer and you don't want me to see it, open up the forum/form/page in an Edge browser in InPrivate mode - I think Firefox's Incognito mode would also work.
6. If you have ANY issues with the form, or you can't enter your picks, or you just want to be sure - SEND ME A DM. I can enter your picks manually as well if there's an issue!

Thanks for playing and War Damn Eagle!