Fox News Busted for Airing Blatant Election Lie Without Any Proof

3 minutes ago, alanevans said:

Guess that massive settlement didn’t lead to any real changes

you need to help out more as i have to go to the restroom every now and then...........

Ken Paxton, the Texas AG, is opening up an investigation about this subject.  Maybe Fox was ahead of the subject.

33 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ken Paxton, the Texas AG, is opening up an investigation about this subject.  Maybe Fox was ahead of the subject.

Let's face it....if you can't trust Ken Paxton, who can you trust?

Edited by Leftfield
  • Haha 6

53 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/article291265455.html

This is how it always happens. A conservative activist, entertainer, podcaster, etc somewhere makes a claim of wrongdoing by Democrats. Usually with no proof or evidence given. Then Republican AGs and politicians open up official investigations into the allegation stating that they've "heard from concerned citizens and it is their duty to look into it" The AG or politician will then go on various conservative news shows and interviews bragging about the investigation they are opening and how much taxpayer money they'll dedicate to it, and how evil Democrats are for the possibility of doing whatever they are being accused of.  

All of right wing media then throws 'Breaking news' banners up announcing the official Republican investigations that are being started, and report that these investigations wouldn't even be happening if there weren't strong evidence that Democrats are doing exactly what they are accused of. Where there is smoke there must be fire, right!?

weeks, Months, or even years later the Republican investigations are quietly shut down and ended. Normally with no press release or publicly reported findings. All right wing media that originally reported the opening of the instigations with such fanfare will never mention it again. 

And the cycle repeats. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This is how it always happens. A conservative activist, entertainer, podcaster, etc somewhere makes a claim of wrongdoing by Democrats. Usually with no proof or evidence given. Then Republican AGs and politicians open up official investigations into the allegation stating that they've "heard from concerned citizens and it is their duty to look into it" The AG or politician will then go on various conservative news shows and interviews bragging about the investigation they are opening and how much taxpayer money they'll dedicate to it, and how evil Democrats are for the possibility of doing whatever they are being accused of.  

All of right wing media then throws 'Breaking news' banners up announcing the official Republican investigations that are being started, and report that these investigations wouldn't even be happening if there weren't strong evidence that Democrats are doing exactly what they are accused of. Where there is smoke there must be fire, right!?

weeks, Months, or even years later the Republican investigations are quietly shut down and ended. Normally with no press release or publicly reported findings. All right wing media that originally reported the opening of the instigations with such fanfare will never mention it again. 

And the cycle repeats. 

And Republicans will keep decrying "waste", "fraud" and "incompetence" in government.  :-\

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If illegals were never caught registered to vote, I could see your point.  However,

Is it your contention we should not investigate unlawful voting?

6 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

And the cycle repeats. 

And the cycle repeats…

The forum liar I_M4_AU has just made your point while being too stupid to realize he made your point.  

• Haha 2

Well, look at this.  Maybe this will give more Republicans AGs the incentive to investigate.

The steal positioning begins, which must mean the Jan 6 part 2 invitations are just starting to go out.  2 things that are required to bring to the riot:

1) gallows plans:https://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Gallows

2) image.thumb.png.4b051f1ef141ae4db279cda035e5024f.png

Get your stuff early to avoid the rush.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Haha 2

3200 non citizens discovered as registered voters in Alabama. Out of the more than 3.7 million registered voters that’s .085%. Hardly in line with the fear mongering being floated by the Republicans in my opinion. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

3200 non citizens discovered as registered voters in Alabama. Out of the more than 3.7 million registered voters that’s .085%. Hardly in line with the fear mongering being floated by the Republicans in my opinion. 

Another outsized reaction to incite the rabid MAGA base. 

Not to mention some of the 3200 may be fully eligible to vote. Probably feels like voter intimidation to that group. 

"The 3,251 voters will be required to fill out a form with their local county registrar's office and provide proof of citizenship in order to vote in November.

The list provided to the Alabama Secretary of State's office by the Department of Homeland Security includes people who may have become naturalized U.S. citizens and as such are legally eligible to vote. Allen said naturalized citizens will have the opportunity to update their information."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/alabama-election-officials-make-voter-registration-inactive-thousands-112878608

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, cbo said:

Another outsized reaction to incite the rabid MAGA base. 

Not to mention some of the 3200 may be fully eligible to vote. Probably feels like voter intimidation to that group. 

"The 3,251 voters will be required to fill out a form with their local county registrar's office and provide proof of citizenship in order to vote in November.

The list provided to the Alabama Secretary of State's office by the Department of Homeland Security includes people who may have become naturalized U.S. citizens and as such are legally eligible to vote. Allen said naturalized citizens will have the opportunity to update their information."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/alabama-election-officials-make-voter-registration-inactive-thousands-112878608

Thanks for sharing this. I’ve been an Independent most of my adult life, but have traditionally leaned Republican in most National Elections. But I don’t recognize the Republican Party anymore. Their constant fear mongering is tiring. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Thanks for sharing this. I’ve been an Independent most of my adult life, but have traditionally leaned Republican in most National Elections. But I don’t recognize the Republican Party anymore. Their constant fear mongering is tiring. 

They can’t win on policy. When they write their policies down, the American public collectively become sick and their own candidate has to pretend he doesn’t know about them. Just a complete clown car at this point. Reagan would be ashamed. Of course Reagan would probably be speaking at the DNC, if we’re being honest. He likely would have dipped out when they all started worshipping Russia and Putin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Is the number really the point?  Or is it that they shouldn’t be on the roles in the first place.  Only less that 1% so there isn’t a problem?  Right?  Why would you want any percentage of an illegal vote, no matter who they are?

How about in Virginia which could decide a contested state?  Are you for non citizens to be able to vote?

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I am sure we would disagree on certain policies and ideology, but I completely respect you and your position. I don't feel the same way about the MAGA crowd. 

It's a shame the Republicans bowed down to Trump and his fear mongering and pandering to the worst instincts of his supporters. Reassuring to know there are sane conservatives or conservative leaning independents who recognize this. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 5:44 PM, Gowebb11 said:

And a lot of those are naturalized citizens who are eligible to vote. Just clobbering them with more paperwork. Plus the Supreme Court ruling that people who announce under oath that they are in fact citizens and legally allowed to vote in national elections, including for President/Vice President and Senate and House candidates. They are allowed to vote. So thanks, Alabama wingnuts, you've eliminated like 5 voters. hahahaha

But it surely grabbed a lot of right wing support because, well hey, it's never about reality, it's always about deception and votes.

• Like 2