Bo Nix named Broncos starter

21 hours ago, au1985 said:

Auburn quit on Bo.

I been an Auburn fan since the 1960s but we made one of the worst hires in football history and before that we had a good man as a coach but who let the game past him by with an offense that no longer was effective and his recruiting was getting worse as a result.  No ability to adapt to the rule changes.

No NFL team talked about the development of quarterbacks under Auburn tutelage.  In fact, they said the opposite with Cam Newton; he was just talented enough to overcome the lack of development.   

Auburn was lost in the wilderness and Bo had every right to leave especially after graduation.  With the Harsin hire, we were not even trying from a leadership perspective.  I will always view Bo as an Auburn man as he gave us his best for 3 years and he graduated from Auburn.  Him leaving Auburn was not only best for him but arguably best for Auburn as it probably ultimately helped get us aligned as a program as the two years under Harsen were disasters.

We think nothing of a player being asked to leave the team because they are not developing and need room for another scholarship but think a player quit when the University, in its total and complete dysfunction, had nothing to offer the player and simply was not trying or too dysfunctional to offer developmental opportunities for its student athletes.   

Bo was and is a winner and he showed that in Oregon and now being a rookie starter at Denver.  His dream was to play for Auburn. The decision could not have been easy for him.   I only wish that we had not failed him.      

I will always love Auburn, but we screwed up.  Thank God we now have the leadership (President, AD, Coach, and Asst. Coaches) and alignment to correct it.  It has been over a decade since we had the chance to be the Auburn football team we are capable of being.        

Good points. The unfortunate Leath-Greene-Harsin chain did bite AU in the arse big-time. I like Bo Nix, and I’m proud of his accomplishments. I just hate that he couldn’t/didn’t give the best years of his college QB play wearing the O&B (and I understand that it wasn’t entirely his “fault.”) I view him as more of a Duck than a Tiger. I’m glad he graduated with an AU degree. I’m sure he still has much love for AU, but that’s just my opinion. I hope he stays healthy, lights it up, and makes it to Canton one day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bo's first real NFL game didn't go quite as well as his preseason games against scrubs:

Passing Comp Att Yds TD Int QBRat
26 42 138 0 2 47.5

53 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Bo's first real NFL game didn't go quite as well as his preseason games against scrubs:

26 42 138 0 2 47.5

They lost more bc of defense, but he definitely could have played better.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WillMunny said:

26 42 138 0 2 47.5

That's leaning on a rookie quite a bit.

Think the Bears let their #1 pick QB throw less than 20 times in his debut.

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

That's leaning on a rookie quite a bit.

Think the Bears let their #1 pick QB throw less than 20 times in his debut.

Because he was playing horrible. The defense saved them with 3 tds. 

• Like 1