Bo Nix named Broncos starter

13 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Who will have the better NFL career: Bo Nix or Tim Tebow?

Sean Payton may be past his prime, but I still think he has a decent eye for quarterbacking. Seems to have embraced Nix's mobility from the jump, which is one big positivity. Not trying to make him a pure passer or anything crazy.

Really just the fact that he clearly seems capable of making multiple reads, I think he's already ahead of Tebow lol. But we'll see....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Sure, Gus failed to surround him with the players he needed to succeed, especially offensive linemen.  At least he recognized he had a good QB.  Harsin not only failed to upgrade the talent; he quickly made it much, much worse.  And then blamed Bo for the team failure, convinced it his own little mind that he could do better, and ran Bo off.  Harsin was such a bad coach words fail me. 

Did Harsin actively run Bo off, or did he play Officer Hardass on him and act like he was going to have to compete for the starting job if he returned blahblah?

On 8/22/2024 at 11:23 AM, tigeraddikt said:

So conflicted on Bo Nix. He quit Auburn. I don’t blame him for it, but he quit Auburn. He’s kinda the Brodie Croyle who actually left the state and made something of himself. But he quit Auburn. But shouldn’t he have gone elsewhere with actual surrounding talent that could contribute to his success? Especially considering Brian Harsin was his HC when he left? Sean Payton hopes he’s the 2nd coming of Drew Brees. We’ll see. But nothing will ever change the fact that he quit Auburn. And nothing will ever change the fact that he did the right thing in doing so.

But he quit Auburn.

Completely agree.

I was hoping Jarret Stidham would win the Denver job.  I always liked him.

• Facepalm 2
  • Wow 1

On 8/22/2024 at 12:23 PM, tigeraddikt said:

So conflicted on Bo Nix. He quit Auburn. I don’t blame him for it, but he quit Auburn. He’s kinda the Brodie Croyle who actually left the state and made something of himself. But he quit Auburn. But shouldn’t he have gone elsewhere with actual surrounding talent that could contribute to his success? Especially considering Brian Harsin was his HC when he left? Sean Payton hopes he’s the 2nd coming of Drew Brees. We’ll see. But nothing will ever change the fact that he quit Auburn. And nothing will ever change the fact that he did the right thing in doing so.

But he quit Auburn.

Bo Nix is an Auburn man with an Auburn degree.  I hope he becomes the rookie QB that everyone across the country is talking about.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He escaped Auburn.

He escaped Harsin and a no win situation. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Not to beat a dead horse but it just goes to show it doesn't matter who your quarterback is if you have a poor offensive line and poor wide receiver play. But the quarterback always gets to blame

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2024 at 3:01 PM, AUApostle said:

Not sure which NFL team Gatewood is starting for.

It is surprising to me, I thought Stidham would get the job at least to start with Bo taking over maybe sophomore year.

Either Stidham is not the decent journeyman QB people thought, or Bo is learning NFL speed/reads a lot faster than I thought he would.

Anyways, an NFL team has 2 former AU QBs on roster. Wonder if that's ever been a thing before?

• Like 2

On 8/22/2024 at 11:11 PM, TexasTiger said:

He escaped Auburn.

It’s still unbelievable that some people just wanted a 5 star kid to waste away at a spot he routinely got booed, benched and battered at lol. There’s no chance this guy is even draftable, much less an all time great college guy that’s probably one conf championship loss from a Heisman and a NFL starter, if he stayed here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s still unbelievable that some people just wanted a 5 star kid to waste away at a spot he routinely got booed, benched and battered at lol. There’s no chance this guy is even draftable, much less an all time great college guy that’s probably one conf championship loss from a Heisman and a NFL starter, if he stayed here. 

Agreed.  People need to stop the hate.  The best thing he did for his career was leave Auburn.

Edited by Never2Yield
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Mims44 said:

It is surprising to me, I thought Stidham would get the job at least to start with Bo taking over maybe sophomore year.

Either Stidham is not the decent journeyman QB people thought, or Bo is learning NFL speed/reads a lot faster than I thought he would.

Anyways, an NFL team has 2 former AU QBs on roster. Wonder if that's ever been a thing before?

I think Stidham is decent enough to be a reliable a back up for multiple seasons which ain’t bad.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I think Stidham is decent enough to be a reliable a back up for multiple seasons which ain’t bad.

Like being an ex AU coach. Great money and longevity. These could be the best jobs in football.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

many auburn fans gave him hell and the kid played hurt. and talking hindsight and all that bo made the right choices and look where he is. the better talent he has around him the better he plays. bo is a natural leader and those pro's play hard for bo. best get your rookie cards now...............

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

Like being an ex AU coach. Great money and longevity. These could be the best jobs in football.

Great career for Don Strock- left with knees intact.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 9:19 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If there's a way to quote from multiple pages, someone teach me ;) 

But the dude who posted earlier who kept saying "But he quit Auburn", has a point. As far as being a fan.

Now, as a man I understand why he left, I'm happy he's enjoying the successes of his decisions and hard work. I can even see that him leaving helped us get rid of Boise Boy Inc which is nice. I understand all that.

But just as a plain ole fan, I KNOW there's a few Ls we took that he coulda turned into Ws and it sucks. :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

But the dude who posted earlier who kept saying "But he quit Auburn", has a point. As far as being a fan.

Now, as a man I understand why he left, I'm happy he's enjoying the successes of his decisions and hard work. I can even see that him leaving helped us get rid of Boise Boy Inc which is nice. I understand all that.

But just as a plain ole fan, I KNOW there's a few Ls we took that he coulda turned into Ws and it sucks. :lol: 

i understand those upset at him and have no problem with them. i just wonder if anyone realizes how much money bo would have lost if he stayed at auburn. i was not sure that bo would be this good in the pro's to be honest.as an aside i am glad his face cleared up from those pimples bless his heart.......grins

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

I do understand that some, probably most, fans are going to side with the school in a situation like that. I think I may have at one point in time too, but it’s just a perspective I think I gained during my time at school. Auburn is the infallible money printer that will eventually (probably in the next couple seasons) buy another competitive team…the player only gets 4-5 years to make himself some money and he has nothing but a lifetime of what-ifs after if he fails 

I only say the above to explain my stance, but I definitely understand where you’re coming from as well! Certainly nothing wrong with that take 

• Like 2

Alot of you fans that love to say "Bo quit on Auburn" are the exact same fans who quit on Bo long before he ever left Auburn.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Here is the home Bo just bought in Denver.  Good looking home. 

IMG_0294.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Here is the home Bo just bought in Denver.  Good looking home. 

IMG_0294.jpeg

image.gif.a7daec286b91ad70f4aeab5f8b8c0c30.gif

• Haha 2

On 8/22/2024 at 11:23 AM, tigeraddikt said:

But he quit Auburn.

Auburn quit on Bo.

I been an Auburn fan since the 1960s but we made one of the worst hires in football history and before that we had a good man as a coach but who let the game past him by with an offense that no longer was effective and his recruiting was getting worse as a result.  No ability to adapt to the rule changes.

No NFL team talked about the development of quarterbacks under Auburn tutelage.  In fact, they said the opposite with Cam Newton; he was just talented enough to overcome the lack of development.   

Auburn was lost in the wilderness and Bo had every right to leave especially after graduation.  With the Harsin hire, we were not even trying from a leadership perspective.  I will always view Bo as an Auburn man as he gave us his best for 3 years and he graduated from Auburn.  Him leaving Auburn was not only best for him but arguably best for Auburn as it probably ultimately helped get us aligned as a program as the two years under Harsen were disasters.

We think nothing of a player being asked to leave the team because they are not developing and need room for another scholarship but think a player quit when the University, in its total and complete dysfunction, had nothing to offer the player and simply was not trying or too dysfunctional to offer developmental opportunities for its student athletes.   

Bo was and is a winner and he showed that in Oregon and now being a rookie starter at Denver.  His dream was to play for Auburn. The decision could not have been easy for him.   I only wish that we had not failed him.      

I will always love Auburn, but we screwed up.  Thank God we now have the leadership (President, AD, Coach, and Asst. Coaches) and alignment to correct it.  It has been over a decade since we had the chance to be the Auburn football team we are capable of being.        

Edited by au1985
  • Like 5

Bo Nix is only the 2nd quarterback in Denver Broncos history to be named the starter in game 1 of their rookie season. The other was John Elway.

• Like 1

the sad thing about harsin is he fooled a lot of people for along minute before folks realized we had a serious problem. he certainly fooled me.

• Like 2