Retired conservative federal judge urges Supreme Court to disqualify Trump from office

Obviously, as this piece demonstrates, the MAGA Republican Party has little in accord with - what I call - "real" conservatism. They've become contemptuous of many of our founding institutions and traditions and are deliberating trying to game the system, tradition be damned, rule of law be damned.   It's reckless.  It's certainly not conservatism.

Thank God some of them are starting to pay a price.

Republicans - like all parties, including Democrat - have always had with radical/extremists factions.  The problem is their radicals have taken over. 

It's going to leave a vacuum post Trump.  It will be interesting to see how it's filled.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It's going to leave a vacuum post Trump.  It will be interesting to see how it's filled.

Interesting...and potentially scary. Fingers crossed that sanity will prevail, but it's hard to anticipate who can gain influence when people are desperate.

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Interesting...and potentially scary. Fingers crossed that sanity will prevail, but it's hard to anticipate who can gain influence when people are desperate.

I don't see them sustaining a populism politics based on personality. After all, it's losing for them. 

So the choice they are faced with is: who replaces Trump?  (And the party is controlled by Trump loyalists.)

This is an opportunistic time for Democrats to expand their base in the "middle" if they can pull it off.  I think they are well-position for that.

(I'm not a political scientist, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;D)

Edited by homersapien

I wish they’d run him out of the country. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do you mean lie or actually move to the more to the middle? 

No I don't mean lying. :-\ 

I mean capturing more "middle" voters by dent of the Republican Party moving even further to the right.  Same strategy as this election.

Edited by homersapien

45 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The never ending legal/impeachment stuff has only strengthened Trump throughout the years.  Beat him at the ballot box and stop with the distractions.

It's not just Trump, it's the Republican Party as a whole. Otherwise Trump would have already been gone.

Vote blue.

• Like 1