Trump veteran comments spark controversy — again

13 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Yes the guy is either a sociopath, nuts, or just an idiot. However, I think liberals miss the difficultly of the decision for many. The dem ticket is extremely liberal - socially liberal and fiscally liberal (ie Harris’s recent big gov idea to control food prices displayed a complete lack of understanding of how market dynamics work - scared the heck out of evonomists).  Also shes been a disaster of the border. Net, net for many she is a policy and ideological disaster.

So for many moderates and conservative never trumper’s - it’s a much tougher call than liberals might realize.

Sorry, I didn’t give Lefty a pass on this and you don’t get one either.

I understand the hold-your-nose vote for Trump in 2016, after that it’s just stupid.

As far as the price control ideas go, I agree it’s not workable, we only need to look back to Nixon and Ford’s efforts along that line….but really I never expect that to see the light of day.

As to “the border”…kindly STFU after Trump tanked the border bill.

If those points are how you or someone you know justifies voting for Trump, you need to take a really hard look at yourself.

• Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, alanevans said:

Sorry, I didn’t give Lefty a pass on this and you don’t get one either.

I understand the hold-your-nose vote for Trump in 2016, after that it’s just stupid.

As far as the price control ideas go, I agree it’s not workable, we only need to look back to Nixon and Ford’s efforts along that line….but really I never expect that to see the light of day.

As to “the border”…kindly STFU after Trump tanked the border bill.

If those points are how you or someone you know justifies voting for Trump, you need to take a really hard look at yourself.

Thanks for the … tips. The EO biden just did could have been done over 3 years ago. No interest from him or Harris.

I appreciate your passion  about trump being a “pos”. I agree. But the Harris option exists only because of right place, right time. IMO she’s a low talent and policy train wreck.

btw I didn’t say I was voting for Trump. Cool your jets.

Edited by auburnatl1

31 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

(ie Harris’s recent big gov idea to control food prices displayed a complete lack of understanding of how market dynamics work - scared the heck out of evonomists).

To me this was her first significant misstep. It's an easy attack for Republicans because pretty much every economist disagrees. It doesn't even apply to most situations we've faced the past few years, and I doubt it plays all that well even with most of the hard left.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, alanevans said:

kindly STFU after Trump tanked the border bill.

No thanks, Biden and Harris fumbled the border.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Yes the guy is either a sociopath, nuts, or just an idiot. However, I think liberals miss the difficultly of the decision for many. The dem ticket is extremely liberal - socially liberal and fiscally liberal (ie Harris’s recent big gov idea to control food prices displayed a complete lack of understanding of how market dynamics work - scared the heck out of evonomists).  Also shes been a disaster of the border. Net, net for many she is a policy and ideological disaster.

So for many moderates and conservative never trumper’s - it’s a much tougher call than liberals might realize.

All of her economic plan is seems a bit gimmicky or check the box. With the housing situation there would need to be some coordination between people eligible for subsidies and current supply. If not demand alone would increase housing cost. 

15 hours ago, Leftfield said:

True, it's hard to understand, but I know some good people that will be voting for him.

Spent last week at the beach. Neighbors had us over for dinner. Great people. Per usual, a political conversation arose. "Why Trump" I asked at one point.  

“I'm not voting for Trump.”
I'm voting for the First Amendment and freedom of speech.
I'm voting for the Second Amendment and my right to defend my life and my family.
I'm voting for the next Supreme Court Justice(s) to protect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
I’m voting for the continued growth of my retirement and reducing inflation.
I’m voting for a return of our troops from foreign countries and the end to America’s involvement in foreign conflicts.
I'm voting for the Electoral College and for the Republic in which we live.
I'm voting for the Police to be respected once again and to ensure Law & Order. I am tired of all the criminals having a revolving door and being put back in the street.
I’m voting for the continued appointment of Federal Judges who respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
I’m voting for keeping our jobs to remain in America and not be outsourced all over the world - to China, Mexico and other foreign countries. I want USA made.
I’m voting for secure borders and have legal immigration. I can’t believe we have actually have flown 380,000 illegal immigrants into our country.
I am voting for doing away with all of the freebies given to all of the illegals and not looking after the needs of the American citizens.
I'm voting for the Military & the Veterans who fought for this Country to give the American people their freedoms.
I'm voting for the unborn babies that have a right to live.
I’m voting for peace progress in the Middle East.
I’m voting to fight against human/child trafficking.
I'm voting for Freedom of Religion.
I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion and not be censored. I am voting for the return of teaching math, history, and science instead of indoctrination of our children and pronouns.
I'm not just voting for one person, I'm voting for the future of my Country.
I'm voting for my children and my grandchildren to ensure their freedoms and their future.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

36 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Spent last week at the beach. Neighbors had us over for dinner. Great people. Per usual, a political conversation arose. "Why Trump" I asked at one point.  

I'm voting for the Second Amendment and my right to defend my life and my family.
I'm voting for the next Supreme Court Justice(s) to protect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
I’m voting for a return of our troops from foreign countries and the end to America’s involvement in foreign conflicts.
I'm voting for the Police to be respected once again and to ensure Law & Order. I am tired of all the criminals having a revolving door and being put back in the street.
I’m voting for the continued appointment of Federal Judges who respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
I’m voting for keeping our jobs to remain in America and not be outsourced all over the world - to China, Mexico and other foreign countries. I want USA made.
I’m voting for secure borders and have legal immigration. I can’t believe we have actually have flown 380,000 illegal immigrants into our country.
I am voting for doing away with all of the freebies given to all of the illegals and not looking after the needs of the American citizens.
I'm voting for the Military & the Veterans who fought for this Country to give the American people their freedoms.
I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion and not be censored. I am voting for the return of teaching math, history, and science instead of indoctrination of our children and pronouns.
I'm voting for my children and my grandchildren to ensure their freedoms and their future.

Impressive.

They said all that? Or did they just hand you a piece of paper?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Impressive.

i stand by you lefty and did not have to think twice.............

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Look familiar? Just wondering if we had a common neighbor.

IMG_0934.jpg

36 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Impressive.

Lol. There is a thing called email. 

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Lol. There is a thing called email. 

You had dinner by e-mail?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

IMG_0934.jpg

The residence doesn't look familiar, but will say the patrons at the beach on 30A are flying them proudly.

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

IMG_0934.jpg

did you see the change in tiger talk salty? i know you enjoy it. now back to our regular bitching and hell raising...........

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

The residence doesn't look familiar, but will say the patrons at the beach on 30A are flying them proudly.

did they arrive on the shortbus?grins

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You had dinner by e-mail?

Bro, seriously? Do you really need me to splain it for you? :hammerin:

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

did they arrive on the shortbus?grins

Ever been to 30A fidy?

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Bro, seriously? Do you really need me to splain it for you? :hammerin:

joke-went.gif

Edited by Leftfield

11 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

joke-went.gif

Hate to have to ask, but read the thread. Rather apparent why one has to do so. No offense.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

Impressive.

It's a copy paste job. The earliest I could find was from 2020. Not sure why he decided to make up a story about it though.

https://www.telegram.com/story/opinion/letters/2020/10/12/opinionletter-im-voting-for-donald-trump-and-future-of-my-country/114267424/

9 minutes ago, arein0 said:

It's a copy paste job. The earliest I could find was from 2020. Not sure why he decided to make up a story about it though.

https://www.telegram.com/story/opinion/letters/2020/10/12/opinionletter-im-voting-for-donald-trump-and-future-of-my-country/114267424/

Yeah, I knew. Thought my sarcasm would translate better. Need to use orange/yellow font more often.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

did you see the change in tiger talk salty? i know you enjoy it. now back to our regular bitching and hell raising...........

Not yet. If you posted thanks. Grandkid duty today. Love them to end but ready for them get out here.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, arein0 said:

Are you that dense? Of course it was a copy and paste job. She never claimed to be the original author. 

I think she was just a bit ill with me and sent an email later in the evening. Obviously, she liked the story. You people...

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Yeah, I knew. Thought my sarcasm would translate better. Need to use orange/yellow font more often.

Well, it's rather obvious you thought you knew. That would be a no. :dunno:

27 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Well, it's rather obvious you thought you knew. That would be a no. :dunno:

Lol...you really are a total load.