Thoughts?

455322854_10233731537860014_6443311893669425103_n.jpg

The key word in that whole post is FAKE.

Jesus would treat this person just like he treated the woman at the well.

He would point out their sin and he would tell them to go and sin no more.

And the gates of His Father's Kingdom will not open for every one who has loved and has been loved.

Believing & accepting the free gift of salvation through Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection is the 1 and only way to Heaven.

I'm not saying transgenders won't go to Heaven when they die; I don't know that.  But I do know without a doubt that they & anybody else who doesn't except Jesus as their Savior will not.

I love you Fifty, but I wish you would stop posting this propaganda; it causes a lot of strife & discord among the Christians & Non-Christians on this board.

image.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

The key word in that whole post is FAKE.

Jesus would treat this person just like he treated the woman at the well.

He would point out their sin and he would tell them to go and sin no more.

And the gates of His Father's Kingdom will not open for every one who has loved and has been loved.

Believing & accepting the free gift of salvation through Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection is the 1 and only way to Heaven.

I'm not saying transgenders won't go to Heaven when they die; I don't know that.  But I do know without a doubt that they & anybody else who doesn't except Jesus as their Savior will not.

I love you Fifty, but I wish you would stop posting this propaganda; it causes a lot of strife & discord among the Christians & Non-Christians on this board.

image.png

i just asked for opinions and not trying to rattle cages. but when politics and religion they are fair game. and the above post was not a slam at christians or ai. i told yall i was gonna be nice for a while.

33 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i just asked for opinions and not trying to rattle cages. but when politics and religion they are fair game. and the above post was not a slam at christians or ai. i told yall i was gonna be nice for a while.

When you attack people, they defend. When you attack people a lot, they become both defensive and aggressive as a perpetual mind set. As has been discussed at length, the Christian nationalism and hostility towards gays/trans is concerning - but I chose to believe that that sentiment is part of the broader “angry crazy”  problem. Every community has a % of them.

Therefore, what I find also concerning is the recent large number of posts/threads with attacks/belittling/mocking of Christian’s.  It’s over the top and too much. Can Christians be hypocritical sometimes? Sure, welcome to the species. But imo the  noble intent is genuine for a large majority, and should be given the benefit of a doubt.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

When you attack people, they defend. When you attack people a lot, they become both defensive and aggressive as a perpetual mind set. As has been discussed at length, the Christian nationalism and hostility towards gays/trans is concerning - but I chose to believe that that sentiment is part of the broader “angry crazy”  problem. Every community has a % of them.

Therefore, what I find also concerning is the recent large number of posts/threads with attacks/belittling/mocking of Christian’s.  It’s over the top and too much. Can Christians be hypocritical sometimes? Sure, welcome to the species. But imo the  noble intent is genuine for a large majority, and should be given the benefit of a doubt.

let those without sin  cast the first stone.therefore if someone jumps me when i am NOT attacking anyone they are also wrong. i even posted i was curious and i was not slamming anything with this. but you keep on judging cuz..........

30 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

let those without sin  cast the first stone.therefore if someone jumps me when i am NOT attacking anyone they are also wrong. i even posted i was curious and i was not slamming anything with this. but you keep on judging cuz..........

Sorry. I wasn’t referring to you specifically - meant “you” in a general context.

• Love 1

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Sorry. I wasn’t referring to you specifically - meant “you” in a general context.

i assumed you were attacking me and i have showed not my behind. and i do not discredit all christians as i know severl......emthodist .......that are wonderful people. and there are wonderful christians on here as well. i just get really mad when i think some do jesus a disservice. i do like you and i agree with most of your posts even when they are addressed at me.................

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

If only all Christians could just leave it there.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/20/donald-trump-allies-christian-nationalism-00142086

Trump allies prepare to infuse ‘Christian nationalism’ in second administration

Spearheading the effort is Russell Vought, president of The Center for Renewing America, part of a conservative consortium preparing for Trump’s return to power.

Edited by homersapien

The problem is that Christianity should not be the organizing force that the far right has been co-opting it to be for decades now.   That isn't to say that Christian values have no place in policy.  I have no issue with that.  The issue is the church itself taking positions politically.  We don't tax churches for a reason.  Being politically active places that and other traditions in great jeopardy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

The issue is the church itself taking positions politically.

What specific church and positions are you talking about?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

What specific church and positions are you talking about?

I was using church in a general sense.  I should have probably said some evangelicals like Franklin Graham and others/.  They speak as though they represent Christians everywhere, when they clearly do not. 

16 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I was using church in a general sense.  I should have probably said some evangelicals like Franklin Graham and others/.  They speak as though they represent Christians everywhere, when they clearly do not. 

Plenty of Christians that do not agree with the preach for profit ministries. I don’t know much about Franklin. I find it very offensive when I hear “church” used so loosely and without thought. Again, what political policy stances are “churches” taking? 

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Haha 1