early christians did not call themselves christians but the WAY..........great watch and i feel a lot like this guy does

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you would be wrong salty. i am not attacking all christians. but i feel it has mostly been corrupted. you seem to feel guilty or you guys want to paint me with broad strokes. but naming trump the chosen one and all that garbage justifies what i have said. and for the record there are those on the right that have prayed for me and i am pretty sure as far as online that they are gold.but you think i am a clown show so i will not argue with you about but i would appreciate if you tried to get what i am saying or turning your back on me because you think you know what i am saying. let me say this. i think some of you are glad i am sick and that is not a smear but my true feelings. but sadly i am finally getting better tho i have to find an inner ear guy because i have vertigo and i can walk better drunk than i can right now.

No one is glad you are sick and you should feel ashamed for mentioning it. Wish nothing but the best for you Fiddy.

11 hours ago, JMWATS said:

Fifty I think is you know that isn’t true.

the way it is in my opinion is that I am blessed to have the opportunity to serve others through active participation in a number of ministries offered by my church. These ministries include in-resident care for young women who are fighting addiction,  a food pantry and financial assistance (utilities) for families in need, disaster relief, and free on-site medical and dental care again for those in need.

over the years my family and I have been most active in supporting the food pantry and the addiction ministry.  Again, I am humbled and grateful to be able to give back to the community in this fashion. 

I also see that because my church is large, mostly white and it’s membership for the most part conservative in their voting that we are most likely lumped in to the Christian Nationalist category.

i was joking jm. you are probably a decent sort. and i love food pantries as they feed a lot of desperate people........some that are friends of mine. i have been lucky i never had to hit one.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

No one is glad you are sick and you should feel ashamed for mentioning it. Wish nothing but the best for you Fiddy.

you are right.my mental state as i get older i turn more into a kid. i will apologize for the comment. it was kind of trashy and i knew better.

20 hours ago, JMWATS said:

Fifty I think is you know that isn’t true.

the way it is in my opinion is that I am blessed to have the opportunity to serve others through active participation in a number of ministries offered by my church. These ministries include in-resident care for young women who are fighting addiction,  a food pantry and financial assistance (utilities) for families in need, disaster relief, and free on-site medical and dental care again for those in need.

over the years my family and I have been most active in supporting the food pantry and the addiction ministry.  Again, I am humbled and grateful to be able to give back to the community in this fashion. 

I also see that because my church is large, mostly white and its membership for the most part conservative in their voting that we are most likely lumped in to the Christian Nationalist category.

Interesting , why not just do it just because. You don’t need a church to afford those opportunities to implement the golden rule.  

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you are right.my mental state as i get older i turn more into a kid. i will apologize for the comment. it was kind of trashy and i knew better.

Need to put more thought into what I say. Don’t take this board as serious as some do. Lightheartedly actually. Same way I always ran my business. Worked well there but I knew what I was talking about. Never saw a problem that was world ending or couldn’t be corrected.

In a lost position right now. Hate the thought of another four years of Trump’s tireless crap but will never vote Kamala Harris. Just have a lot of family and friends that will support Trump and they are good, level headed and seemingly very smart people.

I do pay a bit more attention to the church/religious post. Due to frequent travel I attend 4 or 5 different churches in 3 states on a regular basis. Love the churches and never here a political word muttered in services.

No apology needed. Just take care of yourself. Coffee a lot better over a few articles ever morning.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Interesting , why not just do it just because. You don’t need a church to afford those opportunities to implement the golden rule.  

Not to argue but I would say most people use other avenues in addition to the structure of a church programs. Food pantry being a very popular one. Our community has an on going drive. People aren’t saying they have already given at church. Something that I will never give up is enjoying church and Sunday afternoons as a family. Understand that is just me and not for everyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not to argue but I would say most people use other avenues in addition to the structure of a church programs. Food pantry being a very popular one. Our community has an on going drive. People aren’t saying they have already given at church. Something that I will never give up is enjoying church and Sunday afternoons as a family. Understand that is just me and not for everyone.

Not saying people don’t , I am just responding to the way that it was worded by that poster like it was a charity. Like nah bro, that is an expectation. As soon as you walk out of your house, your mind should be how should I serve. And even the concept of a localized , gathering for a singular day was not the concept of the early church.  I am not against it, but people need to understand that was not the traditional process based on the early church. Many times, the body met daily at individual houses and there was truly a family feel. You have what I have. I love reading Acts chapter 2 because of it. And no I do not profess or recognize myself as a Christian. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not saying people don’t , I am just responding to the way that it was worded by that poster like it was a charity. Like nah bro, that is an expectation. As soon as you walk out of your house, your mind should be how should I serve. And even the concept of a localized , gathering for a singular day was not the concept of the early church.  I am not against it, but people need to understand that was not the traditional process based on the early church. Many times, the body met daily at individual houses and there was truly a family feel. You have what I have. I love reading Acts chapter 2 because of it. And no I do not profess or recognize myself as a Christian. 

Small group is common on regular basis. Most churches recognize it is the better fit for people than the Sunday service. It is encouraged. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Small group is common on regular basis. Most churches recognize it is the better fit for people than the Sunday service. It is encouraged. 

Again , I want to repeat I am not against modern day church. I grew up in a Baptist church, with a grandfather who was a baptist minister. I was able to go to VBS every summer, mission trips, lead youth groups, etc. But we are kidding ourselves if we do not believe the modern churches have not been infested by cultural, political schemas. Heck it happened in the early church too. Paul, my favorite, went out his way to confront Peter in this regard. It happens but lets not get defensive when its pointed out on here. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am pretty sure jm and a few others want me to burn in hell. if you are a christian you should be a role model for your cause and not corrupt it to hate things or people you do not agree with.

This post encompasses all that is wrong with this entire thread and the arguments made here.

Wrong. No one wants you to burn in hell fiddy. Someone witnessing to you trying to win your soul for Jesus is trying to keep you OUT of hell. 

Wrong.  Nobody hates things. Gays trans muslims drunks stoners adulterers, even democrats. Christians believe the Bible. The Bible is clear regarding homosexuals, idolatry, the sanctity of life in the womb, false gods, the path to salvation, and Jesus.  Pointing out Bible truths is not hate. You think it is hate. Wrong.

You think we are judging you.

Wrong.  That is your own soul reacting to the conviction that comes with your belief. There is no judgement on earth. No judgement from me or anybody else who is not God. The result is constant attacks on Christians, Christianity, the Bible, God, republicans, and yes, even Trump. Nobody who is a Christian believes in Christian Nationalism as you and homer have defined and named us. You definitely do lump ALL of us who profess to be Christians into the Nationalist pot. We are not. Despite what you and other atheists, agnostics, and Christian haters believe. We will not be attacked in this way without responding.

Wrong. Nobody is happy you are sick. Why would you even think that? That would never enter my mind, or the mind of a Christian, or even most non Christians. Don’t even think about projecting that evil on me, or many others on this board. 

Carry on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Again , I want to repeat I am not against modern day church. I grew up in a Baptist church, with a grandfather who was a baptist minister. I was able to go to VBS every summer, mission trips, lead youth groups, etc. But we are kidding ourselves if we do not believe the modern churches have not been infested by cultural, political schemas. Heck it happened in the early church too. Paul, my favorite, went out his way to confront Peter in this regard. It happens but lets not get defensive when its pointed out on here. 

Without doubt churches have been affected by culture and politics. Most large organizations have. Look no further than the recent split of the Methodists. It is an on going battle in some areas and will be for years to come. I assume you are referring to me about being defensive so I will say I am in no way defending Christian Nationalism. I do understand that there are some left political views that Christians will never accept. Tolerate yes but accept no. 

My initial response was who this post and challenge was aimed at and the authenticity of the speaker or minister. Not going back to parse it  but he certainly did not offer any new material. If he was someone known and genuine my apologies.

With that said I completely understand the disappointment in churches today. Will say that I am not of the school that deems you to hell if you choose not to attend church or study the Bible daily. I read the Bible complete once a year and have done so for years. Do so because I enjoy it and find it fascinating other than Leviticus. Will also add that Jesus was extremely unhappy with the church of his day. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I can’t run a dental and medical clinic or an in-resident addiction recovery center from my house is one reason. 

you seem to have made the assumption that I don’t do anything on my own to help people.  

Edited by JMWATS

16 hours ago, JMWATS said:

I can’t run a dental and medical clinic or an in-resident addiction recovery center from my house is one reason. 

you seem to have made the assumption that I don’t do anything on my own to help people.  

You can walk out to a food pantry anytime however. 

I honestly don’t know if you do or not. That is not the point. I responding to the fact that your post screamed “as a church we do this, look at how humble and charitable we are.”

I perceive that as a total Christian like attitude.

However, I base my knowledge on Jesus and the early church on the text from the Bible . In the book of acts, the people truly are a community because they are so giving and selfless that nobody in that community went for a want. There was no need for isolated incidents to show their difference because they were living it so naturally. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I honestly don’t know if you do or not. That is not the point. I responding to the fact that your post screamed “as a church we do this, look at how humble and charitable we are.”

However, I base my knowledge on Jesus and the early church on the text from the Bible . In the book of acts, the people truly are a community because they are so giving and selfless that nobody in that community went for a want. There was no need for isolated incidents to show their different because they were living it so naturally. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

So I defend my church ffrom the generalization that Christian Nationalism is prevalent in churches today by pointing out the many ways they serve the local community and  when you read those facts you don’t like it and “perceive that as a total Christian like attitude.”

Ridiculous 

Edited by JMWATS

12 hours ago, JMWATS said:

Ridiculous 

Keep doing your charitable deeds, how humbling of you . 

14 hours ago, DAG said:

However, I base my knowledge on Jesus and the early church on the text from the Bible . In the book of acts, the people truly are a community because they are so giving and selfless that nobody in that community went for a want. There was no need for isolated incidents to show their different because they were living it so naturally. 

Very well stated. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2024 at 6:47 AM, aubiefifty said:

i was joking jm. you are probably a decent sort. and i love food pantries as they feed a lot of desperate people........some that are friends of mine. i have been lucky i never had to hit one.

Fifty, I’m in D C on business and saw something you might like.  PM me your size and address and I’ll see what I can do. 

IMG_4586.png

2 hours ago, JMWATS said:

Fifty, I’m in D C on business and saw something you might like.  PM me your size and address and I’ll see what I can do. 

IMG_4586.png

I might use that as toilet paper.  That's about what it's worth.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, JMWATS said:

IMG_4586.png

i spent over three years in dc at the pentagon.stay away from 14th street. and thanx for the offer but i have lost so much weight i will need new clothes. i would rather have a prayer for brenda who is fighting for her life.she will not survive the cancer but chemo has kept her alive for four years so far.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i spent over three years in dc at the pentagon.stay away from 14th street. and thanx for the offer but i have lost so much weight i will need new clothes. i would rather have a prayer for brenda who is fighting for her life.she will not survive the cancer but chemo has kept her alive for four years so far.

Praying for Brenda . 

6 hours ago, JMWATS said:

Praying for Brenda . 

she has been fighting for her life for four years. four years of being sick from chemo. when she quits fighting she is a goner.