early christians did not call themselves christians but the WAY..........great watch and i feel a lot like this guy does

https://www.facebook.com/504635278/videos/876031034421393/

anyone want to prove this wrong?

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Love 1

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Powerful stuff, @aubiefifty  I agree with his perspective. 

i have been trying to say this and said it wrong and pissed off most of the christians on here. it is powerful and it gives me hope i am not alone............

• aubiefifty changed the title to early christians did not call themselves christians but the WAY..........great watch and i feel a lot like this guy does
19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have been trying to say this and said it wrong and pissed off most of the christians on here. it is powerful and it gives me hope i am not alone............

I’ve always found irony in Christianity which is supposed to be about the one true way, is divided into well over 1,000 denominations. To me, that highlights the importance of context and perspective in interpreting its true meaning. Organized religion and things like Christian Nationalism has disappointed me greatly though the years. The actual words and teachings of JC is my foundation and never let me down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Who on here promotes Christian Nationalism? You are indicating that someone may want to prove you wrong.

Not sure who this guy is or how genuine he is. He uses the Bible in reminding us that it never mentions gay marriage and is correct. The Bible does clearly state that marriage is the union of male and female. 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Who on here promotes Christian Nationalism? You are indicating that someone may want to prove you wrong.

Well, I am not going to name names, but we've had posters express opinions that are - shall we say - empathetic to the idea of Christian Nationalism.

I would also say that supporting Trump and Republican political candidates or the Republican Party in general is supporting Christian Nationalism indirectly.

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/14/1156642544/more-than-half-of-republicans-support-christian-nationalism-according-to-a-new-s

More than half of Republicans support Christian nationalism, according to a new survey

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/09/21/most-republicans-support-declaring-the-united-states-a-christian-nation-00057736

Most Republicans Support Declaring the United States a Christian Nation

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/24/christian-nationalism-america-trump-republicans

Axios Explains: Christian nationalism on the march

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

would also say that supporting Trump and Republican political candidates or the Republican Party in general is supporting Christian Nationalism indirectly.

So roughly 50% of the voters are Christian Nationalist in your opinion? You agree with Fiddys Facebook preacher in repent and vote democrat don’t you.

“Obsessed with genital parts while the planet burns”…..jeez you guys really come up with some stuff.

• Love 1

Funny who the people that have never professed Christ as their Savior or that have given up on Christianity always want to tell professing Christians who regularly attend religious services how it really is.

• Love 1

I too am concerned about Christian nationalism and that’s it’s a perversion of christs message. And  found the OP to be vey powerful. However, sometimes these type threads become broad stroke attacks on all Christians - which I find divisive, tiresome, and ultimately, destructive. It’s a fine line.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

So roughly 50% of the voters are Christian Nationalist in your opinion?

Certainly not of the general population.

I think the claim was for % of the Republican Party "supporting" it.

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

“Obsessed with genital parts while the planet burns”…..jeez you guys really come up with some stuff.

I think it's worthy of H.L. Mencken.

58 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I too am concerned about Christian nationalism and that’s it’s a perversion of christs message. And  found the OP to be vey powerful. However, sometimes these type threads become broad stroke attacks on all Christians - which I find divisive, tiresome, and ultimately, destructive. It’s a fine line.

Broad stroke attacks on Christians is the intent in threads like this. 

• Thanks 2
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

That's a problem for Christions to deal with.

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Don't LIE about my intentions Salty! You don't know my intentions, which was to solely focus on the real danger of Christian nationalism.   You are proving both auburnnatl's thread as well as mine.

YOU are the problem. Or perhaps you are one. Jerk.

Edited by homersapien

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Don't LIE about my intentions Salty!You don't know my intentions, which was solely to focus on the danger of Christian nationalism.

You are proving both auburnnatl's thread as well as mine.

Homer - you and I have both attacked Trump/maga endlessly about both name calling and inclusion. So…

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Don't LIE about my intentions Salty!You don't know my intentions, which was solely to focus on the danger of Christian nationalism.

You are proving both auburnnatl's thread as well as mine.

Well you don’t have to get so upset Brother Homer. Wasn’t thinking of you specifically when I posted the statement. You have been clear in the past regarding Christian Nationalism. 

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Homer - you and I have both attacked Trump/maga endlessly about both name calling and inclusion. So…

So..... I call it like it is

Unlike Trump,  I am not making things up about him, his behavior is there for all to see. He earned it with his, oh so Christ-like post. :-\

Anyone taking passive/aggressive shots at me - or anyone else - impugning their motives in such a way,  is a jerk.  This is a particularly good example. 

Or like Kam'ala says, "if you've got something to say about me, say it to my face".

Edited by homersapien

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Well you don’t have to get so upset Brother Homer. Wasn’t thinking of you specifically when I posted the statement. You have been clear in the past regarding Christian Nationalism. 

Nice weaseling.  You didn't exclude me, you included me in "such threads like this".

Like I said, similar to extremism being a particular Islamic problem,  Christian Nationalism is a particular Christian problem.

It's up to you to support it or not. 

Based on your post, you apparently identify with the christian nationalists.  That makes you part of the problem, just like Muslims who think opposing radicals is anti-Islamic.

Edited by homersapien

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

you would be wrong salty. i am not attacking all christians. but i feel it has mostly been corrupted. you seem to feel guilty or you guys want to paint me with broad strokes. but naming trump the chosen one and all that garbage justifies what i have said. and for the record there are those on the right that have prayed for me and i am pretty sure as far as online that they are gold.but you think i am a clown show so i will not argue with you about but i would appreciate if you tried to get what i am saying or turning your back on me because you think you know what i am saying. let me say this. i think some of you are glad i am sick and that is not a smear but my true feelings. but sadly i am finally getting better tho i have to find an inner ear guy because i have vertigo and i can walk better drunk than i can right now.

5 hours ago, JMWATS said:

Funny who the people that have never professed Christ as their Savior or that have given up on Christianity always want to tell professing Christians who regularly attend religious services how it really is.

OK, I'll bite. How is "it" really?

Edited by homersapien

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

OK, I'll bite. How is it really?

i am pretty sure jm and a few others want me to burn in hell. if you are a christian you should be a role model for your cause and not corrupt it to hate things or people you do not agree with.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am pretty sure jm and a few others want me to burn in hell. if you are a christian you should be a role model for your cause and not corrupt it to hate things or people you do not agree with.

Well I am just interested in "how it really is" relates to Christian Nationalism. 

Am I supposed to believe that anyone who "accepts Christ as their savior" supports it, or otherwise?  :dunno:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i am pretty sure jm and a few others want me to burn in hell. 

Fifty I think is you know that isn’t true.

the way it is in my opinion is that I am blessed to have the opportunity to serve others through active participation in a number of ministries offered by my church. These ministries include in-resident care for young women who are fighting addiction,  a food pantry and financial assistance (utilities) for families in need, disaster relief, and free on-site medical and dental care again for those in need.

over the years my family and I have been most active in supporting the food pantry and the addiction ministry.  Again, I am humbled and grateful to be able to give back to the community in this fashion. 

I also see that because my church is large, mostly white and it’s membership for the most part conservative in their voting that we are most likely lumped in to the Christian Nationalist category.

Edited by JMWATS

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Nice weaseling.  You didn't exclude me, you included me in "such threads like this".

Like I said, similar to extremism being a particular Islamic problem,  Christian Nationalism is a particular Christian problem.

It's up to you to support it or not. 

Based on your post, you apparently identify with the christian nationalists.  That makes you part of the problem, just like Muslims who think opposing radicals is anti-Islamic.

Excuse me for not “excluding” you. I can only believe you felt this guys message “powerful” and genuine. Who is the fellow anyway?