There’s only one reason Charles Barkley is staying at TNT: People will keep their jobs.

aubiefifty

al.com

Charles Barkley staying at TNT for only 1 reason, reveals ‘Inside the NBA’ will continue

Published: Aug. 08, 2024, 12:58 p.m.

~3 minutes

There’s only one reason Charles Barkley is staying at TNT: People will keep their jobs.

That was the message Thursday when the NBA analyst appeared on “The Dan Patrick Show” to discuss his decision to stay with the network.

“The reason I’m staying at TNT is so that people can keep their jobs,” the former Auburn star said. “That does not mean I’m going to stay there forever, I can promise you that. ... I’m just happy a lot of people at Turner will keep their jobs.”

According to Barkley, TNT executives flew to Philadelphia to talk to him about staying on, and he was told “Inside the NBA” will continue even after the network loses the NBA. When Patrick asked what does that mean, keep doing the show, Barkley laughed and said “that’s what I said.”

Barkley truly is concerned about the company’s employees, offering to take a pay cut, which the company said would be unnecessary.

Barkley and TNT announced Tuesday that he will remain with the network for “many years to come.”

“I love my TNT Sports family,” Barkley said. “My No. 1 priority has been and always will be our people and keeping everyone together for as long as possible. We have the most amazing people, and they are the best at what they do. I’m looking forward to continuing to work with them both on the shows we currently have and new ones we develop together in the future. This is the only place for me.

“I have to say I’ve been impressed by the leadership team who is fighting hard and have been aggressive in adding new properties to TNT Sports, which I am very excited about. I appreciate them and all of my colleagues for their continued support, and most importantly our fans. I’m going to give my all as we keep them entertained for years to come.”

Mark Heim is a reporter for The Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Mark_Heim. He can be heard on “The Opening Kickoff” on WNSP-FM 105.5 FM in Mobile or on the free Sound of Mobile App from 6 to 9 a.m. daily.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link on our site, we may receive compensation. By using this site, you consent to our User Agreement and agree that your clicks, interactions, and personal information may be collected, recorded, and/or stored by us and social media and other third-party partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

• Like 2