2026 3* S Wayne Henry commits to AU!!!

Three-star safety Wayne Henry, rated by the 247Sports Composite as the No. 460 player in his cycle, becomes the sixth member of Auburn’s Class of 2026.

Henry is teammates with 2025 commits Blake Woodby and Bryce Deas at St. Frances Academy in Maryland.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

This is a very good pick up in more ways than one............

Can you name more than one to us? To get it out of the way...my nuts are not numb.

Edited by Ausburn2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Can you name more than one to us? To get it out of the way...my nuts are not numb.

No I don't like you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

This cat committed to us without even visiting AU yet. That's when you know our staff and his teammates committed to us are putting in work.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ausburn2 said:

IMG_0795.jpeg

Anyone else think that Wayne Henry doesn’t sound like a football name? 😂😂😂 More like a Sigma Nu civil engineering major, who is really good at bowling.  

j/k Not disrespecting him.  I’m sure he’s a great player. 😁

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

This is a very good pick up in more ways than one............

Dillard North...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ausburn2 said:

He's got a DT teammate we're recruiting.  We need DTs.  Seems like an odd pick up for a number of reasons.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, EastLakeTiger said:

Seems like an odd pick up for a number of reasons.

@EastLakeTiger Other than him being 5'9, 160-170 what are those reasons? Regardless of ranking he has a good early offer list, including LSU. Given most of their recent success with DBs, anytime they offer a DB I'm taking a hard look at that player.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@EastLakeTiger Other than him being 5'9, 160-170 what are those reasons? Regardless of ranking he has a good early offer list, including LSU. Given most of their recent success with DBs, anytime they offer a DB I'm taking a hard look at that player.

He's a pretty small safety, from a state we don't recruit, from a guy who hasn't visited (I don't think we've visited either), is unranked, it is August before his Jr Year.

Lots of reasons

I don't think we've visited either)

We have. We wouldn't have 2 of his teammates committed had we not been up there yet.

is unranked

Top 500 3* FWIW

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We have. We wouldn't have 2 of his teammates committed had we not been up there yet.

Top 500 3* FWIW

Top 500 on one service and unraked everywhere else goes in the category of "odd". 

and FWIW he wasn't even ranked by 247 until yesterday after he committed.  He was an unknown, they basically threw out a random ranking.

3 hours ago, EastLakeTiger said:

Top 500 on one service and unraked everywhere else goes in the category of "odd". 

and FWIW he wasn't even ranked by 247 until yesterday after he committed.  He was an unknown, they basically threw out a random ranking.

So,in your opinion, why did LSU waste an offer on the kid? I'm curious not arguing or calling you out. You seem to have some knowledge about the situation. 

• Like 1

I'm sure he is very good athlete. I'm just a little surprised that we accepted a committment from a 5'-9 170 lb 3* this early from that far off. I think a firm committment is a lot different than than just a non-committable offer. I trust our staff. They know what they're doing. They have a plan. That being said, I've been impressed that they were going after DBs with size that we hadn't been doing so much recently.  WDE!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

So,in your opinion, why did LSU waste an offer on the kid? I'm curious not arguing or calling you out. You seem to have some knowledge about the situation. 

Lets be adults and not pretend all "offers" given out are immediately committable.  We've got countless offers out there where we aren't going to accept a players commitment.  Not sure if LSU's was, maybe it was.

As @autan said above, it's so far out and unless he was hurt or somehow a complete unknown at a power house school, him being unranked before he committed to us on most services is a bit odd.  Compare his ranking to guys we've accepted in the '26 class and ones we're really pushing for.

No one is saying he's bad or isn't going to be good.  He's just pretty small, relatively unknown, wasn't ranked by most services before his commitment....all making it "odd"

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Anyone else think that Wayne Henry doesn’t sound like a football name? 😂😂😂 More like a Sigma Nu civil engineering major, who is really good at bowling.  

j/k Not disrespecting him.  I’m sure he’s a great player. 😁

Sounds more like a superhero alias.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, EastLakeTiger said:

Lets be adults and not pretend all "offers" given out are immediately committable.  We've got countless offers out there where we aren't going to accept a players commitment.  Not sure if LSU's was, maybe it was.

As @autan said above, it's so far out and unless he was hurt or somehow a complete unknown at a power house school, him being unranked before he committed to us on most services is a bit odd.  Compare his ranking to guys we've accepted in the '26 class and ones we're really pushing for.

No one is saying he's bad or isn't going to be good.  He's just pretty small, relatively unknown, wasn't ranked by most services before his commitment....all making it "odd"

OK. My post wasn't meant to be childish and I tried to preface the question to let you know that. Your post was stated with authority and I thought it was more than an opinion, that you might know something I didn't. That's all. 

31 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

OK. My post wasn't meant to be childish and I tried to preface the question to let you know that. Your post was stated with authority and I thought it was more than an opinion, that you might know something I didn't. That's all. 

Huh?  I just said it was odd commit so early.  That an opinion.

Come on guys. He’s teammates with the #2 overall recruit in the country. It’s not that hard. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Come on guys. He’s teammates with the #2 overall recruit in the country. It’s not that hard. 

Right.  We also aren't in his top 5.  It's a tricky game to play if we want to stay in good standing with a power house school in MD that constantly puts out top talent.  When Elee doesn't give us a visit, are we going to drop Henry?  Or is he really only worth a scholarship to most schools b/c of ZE?

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

Right. I totally agree with your take. On AU and LSU.