Bad Cops

Cop points gun at man legally filming in public and threatens to shoot him.

Drunk sheriff attacks man at his house.

Cop fired after requesting that a fellow officer make a retaliatory stop of a citizen, which ended in a false arrest and assault of a citizen who did nothing wrong.

Cop fired after unlawfully stopping teen and threatening him.

Off duty deputy pulls gun on motorcyclist, points it at him, while never identifying himself as an officer.

When his boss saw the video, the deputy was suspended.  This is sickening, but unfortunately seems par for the course for policing today.

• Like 1

This officer pepper sprays a driver during a traffic stop, after refusing to tell the driver what he was stopped for.

Posted (edited)

I may have already posted this, but in case not, here it is.  This cop throws a handcuffed, compliant young man on the ground for spite.  Then taunts him saying "why did you fall?".

The cop was charged with felonies as a result.

Edited by WillMunny

This incident didn't end in an arrest, but illustrates how street cops don't even know the law and harass people.  In the end, the cops got humbled.

you need to check out cop block on youtube...........

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This one is pretty bad.  Cop beats man and gets fired.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arkansas-officer-fired-being-caught-215329825.html

Edited to add the video:

Edited by WillMunny

On 8/9/2024 at 4:08 PM, aubiefifty said:

you need to check out cop block on youtube...........

I checked it out.  Lots of relevant stuff there.  Very interesting.  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

I checked it out.  Lots of relevant stuff there.  Very interesting.  Thanks.

watch the mentally ill kid who is a son of a sheriff murdered by cops for moving his leg. they murdered him in cold blood while you can hear him begging and crying for his mother. they got away with it. the first time i saw it i cried. it was horrible.

Deputy fired after illegally entering a home without a search warrant, and tackling a Black man.

12-year-old Black boy falsely arrested while taking out the trash by cops who mistook him for a suspect.  The boy was traumatized and the mayor and police chief apologized profusely to the entire public after the video went viral.

4 hours ago, WillMunny said:

12-year-old Black boy falsely arrested while taking out the trash by cops who mistook him for a suspect.  The boy was traumatized and the mayor and police chief apologized profusely to the entire public after the video went viral.

This may be the solution to "bad cops".

• Like 1

Well, it's not just cops.  It seems that judges can be really bad as well.

Recently in Detroit, a group of teenagers had a school field trip to a local court to view the proceedings, as a learning exercise.  During court, a 15-year-old Black girl (student) accidentally fell asleep, and it made the judge so mad that he made her wear a jailhouse jumpsuit and had her handcuffed, and threatened to send her to jail.

This judge was subsequently removed from the bench by the Chief Judge, and ordered to complete training before being considered for reinstatement.

Detroit judge who had sleeping teen handcuffed removed from docket (yahoo.com)

Posted (edited)

Update to a case I posted about earlier: a former Centre, Alabama police officer pleads guilty to planting drugs in cars and arresting people for "drug trafficking".

Former Centre police officer pleads guilty to planting drugs in scheme (abc3340.com)

322dfa4d-ab8e-4fae-8f1d-24a8e49b32ac-large16x9_KILGOREBG.webp

Edited by WillMunny

In the headlines this morning: two Alaska police officers have been charged with assault after VIOLENTLY arresting a man on a warrant - only to find out they arrested the wrong man.  The man needed surgery because of the beating the cops gave him.  The cops also ordered their K9 to repeatedly bite the man while he was on the ground and not resisting.

Two Alaska state troopers charged with assault after violently arresting wrong person (yahoo.com)

There is no video, so here is some content from the article:

Two Alaska State Troopers have been charged with misdemeanor assault after using pepper spray, a taser and a canine while arresting a man on a warrant that had been issued for a different person, authorities announced Thursday.

Sgt. Joseph Miller and canine handler Jason Woodruff have both been charged with fourth-degree assault for the May 24 incident, Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Public Safety James Cockrell announced in a news conference Thursday.

“I’ve been with this department 33 years, and I’ve never seen any action like this before by an Alaska State Trooper,” Cockrell said. “Because of their actions, there was significant injuries to the person that went to the hospital that was in that vehicle.”

An arraignment for the officers is scheduled on September 10.

The two troopers broke out the rear window of a man’s car, pepper sprayed him, used a taser, and ordered a police dog to repeatedly bite him while attempting to arrest him, authorities said. It wasn’t until officers took him to the hospital for treatment that they realized that they had arrested the cousin of the man they were seeking. Both men had the same last name.

The two troopers originally responded to a car parked in a public right of way in Soldotna on Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula, southwest of Anchorage. The car was registered to a man with an active misdemeanor warrant, according to Cockrell.

Miller and Woodruff were placed on administrative leave following the incident and the dog is no longer in service, according to Cockrell. CNN has been unable to determine if Miller and Woodruff have obtained legal representation.

The troopers attempted to speak with a man who was “hidden in the rear of the vehicle” and ordered him to exit the car, according to a news release from Alaska’s Department of Public Safety. He denied he had an active warrant and refused to exit the vehicle, the news release said.

Miller, 49, then broke out the rear window of the car and sprayed pepper spray into the car, according to the news release. “There should have been some additional questions asked before we broke the window and drug him out of his car,” Public Safety Commissioner Cockrell said in the news conference.

As the man began to exit the vehicle, the troopers attempted to handcuff him, and Miller placed his foot on the man’s head, “pushing it into the ground covered in broken glass,” according to the release. This caused his “face or head” to start bleeding, said Cockrell.

Miller also used a taser multiple times, according to the news release.

Then, even as the man seemed to be complying with commands from officers, Woodruff, 42, released his canine and “continued to order the K9 to bite the man,” the release said.

The man was eventually placed in handcuffs, given first aid and taken to a hospital.

It wasn’t until then the troopers realized he was not the person they were looking for.

According to charging documents obtained by The Associated Press, the troopers thought they had encountered a man with an outstanding warrant but the man pepper-sprayed and attacked by a dog was his cousin.

The man was left blooded and needed surgery to repair muscle lacerations after the incident, The Associated Press reported.

Charges against the man who was wrongly arrested were subsequently dropped, according to the charging document against the two officers.

“Personally, when I reviewed this video, I was totally sickened by what I saw,” Cockrell said. Authorities have said they will not release all the body camera video until the investigation is complete.

Miller and Woodruff were placed on administrative leave following the incident and the dog is no longer in service, according to Cockrell.

“Let me be clear, the actions of these two individuals are not acceptable to me, not in line with our training and policy, and I know it is not acceptable to the Alaskans we serve,” said Cockrell in the news release.

For more CNN news and newsletters create an account at CNN.com

2 hours ago, WillMunny said:

In the headlines this morning: two Alaska police officers have been charged with assault after VIOLENTLY arresting a man on a warrant - only to find out they arrested the wrong man.  The man needed surgery because of the beating the cops gave him.  The cops also ordered their K9 to repeatedly bite the man while he was on the ground and not resisting.

Two Alaska state troopers charged with assault after violently arresting wrong person (yahoo.com)

There is no video, so here is some content from the article:

Two Alaska State Troopers have been charged with misdemeanor assault after using pepper spray, a taser and a canine while arresting a man on a warrant that had been issued for a different person, authorities announced Thursday.

Sgt. Joseph Miller and canine handler Jason Woodruff have both been charged with fourth-degree assault for the May 24 incident, Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Public Safety James Cockrell announced in a news conference Thursday.

“I’ve been with this department 33 years, and I’ve never seen any action like this before by an Alaska State Trooper,” Cockrell said. “Because of their actions, there was significant injuries to the person that went to the hospital that was in that vehicle.”

An arraignment for the officers is scheduled on September 10.

The two troopers broke out the rear window of a man’s car, pepper sprayed him, used a taser, and ordered a police dog to repeatedly bite him while attempting to arrest him, authorities said. It wasn’t until officers took him to the hospital for treatment that they realized that they had arrested the cousin of the man they were seeking. Both men had the same last name.

The two troopers originally responded to a car parked in a public right of way in Soldotna on Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula, southwest of Anchorage. The car was registered to a man with an active misdemeanor warrant, according to Cockrell.

Miller and Woodruff were placed on administrative leave following the incident and the dog is no longer in service, according to Cockrell. CNN has been unable to determine if Miller and Woodruff have obtained legal representation.

The troopers attempted to speak with a man who was “hidden in the rear of the vehicle” and ordered him to exit the car, according to a news release from Alaska’s Department of Public Safety. He denied he had an active warrant and refused to exit the vehicle, the news release said.

Miller, 49, then broke out the rear window of the car and sprayed pepper spray into the car, according to the news release. “There should have been some additional questions asked before we broke the window and drug him out of his car,” Public Safety Commissioner Cockrell said in the news conference.

As the man began to exit the vehicle, the troopers attempted to handcuff him, and Miller placed his foot on the man’s head, “pushing it into the ground covered in broken glass,” according to the release. This caused his “face or head” to start bleeding, said Cockrell.

Miller also used a taser multiple times, according to the news release.

Then, even as the man seemed to be complying with commands from officers, Woodruff, 42, released his canine and “continued to order the K9 to bite the man,” the release said.

The man was eventually placed in handcuffs, given first aid and taken to a hospital.

It wasn’t until then the troopers realized he was not the person they were looking for.

According to charging documents obtained by The Associated Press, the troopers thought they had encountered a man with an outstanding warrant but the man pepper-sprayed and attacked by a dog was his cousin.

The man was left blooded and needed surgery to repair muscle lacerations after the incident, The Associated Press reported.

Charges against the man who was wrongly arrested were subsequently dropped, according to the charging document against the two officers.

“Personally, when I reviewed this video, I was totally sickened by what I saw,” Cockrell said. Authorities have said they will not release all the body camera video until the investigation is complete.

Miller and Woodruff were placed on administrative leave following the incident and the dog is no longer in service, according to Cockrell.

“Let me be clear, the actions of these two individuals are not acceptable to me, not in line with our training and policy, and I know it is not acceptable to the Alaskans we serve,” said Cockrell in the news release.

For more CNN news and newsletters create an account at CNN.com

Curious as to what legal recourse the victim has, v. State of Alaska (?).

Posted (edited)

This one is as bad as any I've seen, short of someone dying.  The police chief himself is the bad cop here.  He was in plain clothes, and stopped a woman for an expired tag.  All she saw was blue lights in her rearview mirror, and a man in plain clothes approached her vehicle.  She simply asked to see his badge before complying with his commands, because she thought he might be an imposter.  The video is only a few minutes long.  I encourage you to watch him threaten to kill her and treat her like an animal.

He even taunted a woman who was filming the altercation.  Little did he know that he would be fired once her video went viral.

Edited by WillMunny
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

An Alabama cop went to a house investigating an "unknown occupant".  The only person in the house was a handyman, who worked at the house.  He was asleep when police arrived.

A K9 handler allowed his police dog to enter the house, and the dog killed the handyman.  The handyman's family successfully sued, and settled out of court.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/family-agrees-settle-lawsuit-against-103030033.html

Here is an excerpt from the article:

The Associated Press has investigated and documented thousands of cases across the U.S. where police tactics considered non-lethal have resulted in fatalities. The nationwide database includes Pettaway’s case.

Edited by WillMunny

Cop illegally arrests two teenage bicycle riders, and physically abuses a 15-year-old.