JD Vance watch— does he get canned?

I wondered from the first day why Vance was chosen.

Never understood the pick. I haven't seen the movie nor read the book tho. 

I’d can him. I believe he will ultimately hurt the ticket. Some parts of Ohio are from another planet.

Man has said some wild things but the irony of it all if he has to switch VPs . 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, DAG said:

Man has said some wild things but the irony of it all if he has to switch VPs . 

Even more irony if he flips to a VP that could be considered a diverse pick (different than him), after they’ve been calling Kamala a DEI hire. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Even more irony if he flips to a VP that could be considered a diverse pick (different than him), after they’ve been calling Kamala a DEI hire. 

A couple of individuals from South Carolina I am thinking.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

A couple of individuals from South Carolina I am thinking.

Exactly. 

JD has a lot in common with his wife.  They are both spineless opportunity seekers willing to sell their souls to the devil:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/07/27/usha-vance-trump-jan6/

Usha Vance told friends Trump appalled her. Now she’s working to elect him.

The potential second lady found Trump’s actions on Jan. 6 “deeply disturbing,” a friend said. But ambition and devotion to her husband ultimately drove her to a place in the former president’s campaign.

"Vance told friends she was outraged by Trump’s incitement of the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol and lamented the social breakdown that fueled his political support, according to one friend, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive conversations. Her view at the time contrasts with the later pronouncements of her husband and Trump’s newly minted running mate, JD Vance, who has downplayed the storming of the Capitol and called participants who were jailed “political prisoners.”

"....“Usha found the incursion on the Capitol and Trump’s role in it to be deeply disturbing,” the friend recalled. “She was generally appalled by Trump, from the moment of his first election.”....

Edited by homersapien

I've been a JD Vance hater for years and honestly it's been fun watching everyone catch up. Friends in KY had him clocked years ago as a complete fraud an an unlikable weirdo. 

Obviously this will be less fun if he ends up as VP. 

• Like 1

Trump had ALL the momentum and then chooses a guy that even on paper provides no new votes or demographics.  Then throw in that in actual interviews he makes Trump look stable.  

Bone head move in every way.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Trump had ALL the momentum and then chooses a guy that even on paper provides no new votes or demographics.  Then throw in that in actual interviews he makes Trump look stable.  

Bone head move in every way.

I bet you know very well that hiring the right staff is one of the most important responsibilities for any leader at any job. 

Remember the first time around when Trump said he would hire "the very best people?" It's been one whiff after another since then. Trump himself openly despises most people he's hired. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

I bet you know very well that hiring the right staff is one of the most important responsibilities for any leader at any job. 

Remember the first time around when Trump said he would hire "the very best people?" It's been one whiff after another since then. Trump himself openly despises most people he's hired. 

Trump values loyalty and subservience. Ability  is an afterthought.  

Though it would  had been an awkward dynamic - Haley would have filled gaps and made a much stronger and broader ticket. And he passed due to perceived disloyalty.

As a manager imo he’s a prototypical family business light weight.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Though it would  had been an awkward dynamic - Haley would have filled gaps and made a much stronger and broader ticket. And he passed due to perceived disloyalty.

Perfectly said, as usual. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

100% Agree. 6-7 Bankruptcies says we are correct.

Can someone please tell me how he got to be such a celebrity rockstar before 2015????? I truly do not understand what Hollyweird ever saw in him. He was an over-the-top misogynist all his life. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ability  is an afterthought.  

You just described DEI and Kamala Harris. Except J.D. Vince doesn’t fit in any of the Diverity, Equity or Inclusion criteria.  Haley would, but would also have ability.  So would you expect Trump to pick a VP that could be considers a woke choice and go against one of his campaign promises?

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Though it would  had been an awkward dynamic

You just described the relationship between Joe and Kamala.

Do you like the way we have been lied to for 3 and a half years about, well almost everything?  or would a more transparent approach be better?

• Thanks 1

Until last week, I’d never heard of JD Vance. I’m trying to keep my distance.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You just described DEI and Kamala Harris. Except J.D. Vince doesn’t fit in any of the Diverity, Equity or Inclusion criteria.  Haley would, but would also have ability.  So would you expect Trump to pick a VP that could be considers a woke choice and go against one of his campaign promises?

You just described the relationship between Joe and Kamala.

Do you like the way we have been lied to for 3 and a half years about, well almost everything?  or would a more transparent approach be better?

Have you ever noticed that when someone is critical of your candidate, on any issue, you always post a lot of stuff that could be simply summarized into - well, the other guys worse.

Every single time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Have you ever noticed that when someone is critical of your candidate, on any issue, you always post a lot of stuff that could be simply summarized into - well, the other guys worse.

Every single time.

Well, sometimes he does bring up transgenders and sex changes…

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

100% Agree. 6-7 Bankruptcies says we nare correct.

Can someone please tell me how he got to be such a celebrity rockstar before 2015????? I truly do not understand what Hollyweird ever saw in him. He was an over-the-top misogynist all his life. 

It’s a reflection of who we ultimately are, unfortunately. He’s a troglodyte’s idea of a manly man, and a loser’s idea of a successful businessman. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Every single time.

Have you noticed that I despise Joe and Kamala and the Democratic Party for their deception they have perpetrated over the last 8 years?  If you bring up anything positive about those, I have a tendancy to pushback.  It is a political forum.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Have you noticed that I despise Joe and Kamala and the Democratic Party for their deception they have perpetrated over the last 8 years?  If you bring up anything positive about those, I have a tendancy to pushback.  It is a political forum.

Yes,  I’ve noticed.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Yes,  I’ve noticed.

So you have to comment when I post these things?

12 hours ago, cbo said:

Good staff will challenge you.  That's a key part of their value.

Trump - as a malignant narcissist - cannot abide that. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 4