They got the memo...

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I never watch MSNBC and I am not someone who uses Facebook or Youtube to discuss political views.  I do watch CNN if there is some big news story that I want current information or a live feed to view and sometimes the NBC/ABC nightly news. I read Politico and am very much an Independent.  I never heard her called a border czar until I happened to see a few minutes of Hannity at a friend's house.

Well, here is a little montage…

Let me guess? Cheap fakes? 🤣🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Exactly.  Biden never called her that. The title was a media creation. In fact, her role was more diplomatic than executive:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kamala-harris-immigration-biden-administration-border/

The facts about Kamala Harris' role on immigration in the Biden administration

"Mr. Biden tasked Harris with leading the administration's diplomatic campaign to address the "root causes" of migration from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, including poverty, corruption and violence."

Focus Homer, this is about the media.

Besides, I’ve already said she was the Immigration Czar. 

More like Illegal Immigration at the Border Czar. 

Potato, Potahto….everyone knows what was meant. 

Edited by wdefromtx

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

The irony is many people at a pure logical policy level would prefer  the gop to Harris. However, the 1/6 stuff, yapping about civil war, 2025 theocracy stuff, trumps baggage - and ultimately the sheer feeling of unhinged anger and divisive chaos simply overwhelms policy.  

Again, had it been anyone but Trump.

image.thumb.jpeg.fa2c6cc040cc4e1bdf46cae386fb10e1.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Focus Homer, this is about the media.

Besides, I’ve already said she was the Immigration Czar. 

More like Illegal Immigration at the Border Czar. 

No, you focus. 

This is about characterizing Harris as the "Border - or immigration Czar" which implies she had executive responsibility of the border. 

That's not true, as the article I linked demonstrates.

Her role was basically diplomatic and was aimed to increase economic development in the countries these immigrants originated.

Feel free to criticize her performance, but don't "spin" her responsibilities for partisan political purposes.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not the point.  A lot on the left criticize Republicans for who they picked as their candidate saying Republicans had a wide open field and settled on him.  Same goes for Dems.  You mentioned earlier that the incumbent is usually not challenged, but now that the incumbent has stepped down, presumably because he would have lost, they had a wide opened field and chose the most unpopular VP in modern history.

Yet the race is basically a draw at his point.   I was very clear that she wouldn't be my first choice, but I also understand having to deal with the situation as it has presented itself.

Edited by AU9377

29 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Well, here is a little montage…

Let me guess? Cheap fakes? 🤣🤣🤣

Didn't realize that he even worked for Fox now.

15 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He doesn't. They were interviewing him. 

Any comments about what the media previously said? 

37 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, you focus. 

This is about characterizing Harris as the "Border - or immigration Czar" which implies she had executive responsibility of the border. 

That's not true, as the article I linked demonstrates.

Her role was basically diplomatic and was aimed to increase economic development in the countries these immigrants originated.

Feel free to criticize her performance, but don't "spin" her responsibilities for partisan political purposes.

Realize she does not have executive powers, instead would you classify it as she was appointed to advise policy to help sort out the root causes in those countries and countries in between. Better coordination, etc.?

6 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

He doesn't. They were interviewing him. 

Any comments about what the media previously said? 

Every one of those clips is someone being interviewed on Fox.  There is one CNN reporter calling her that.  I simply don't remember her being called that. 

You have to be able to hear the slant Fox puts on this and EVERYTHING.  Supposedly everyone lies but FOX, the network that has shelled out a billion and counting for actually lying.

Fox operates like a right wing funded propaganda machine, because that is what they are.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Or maybe he does, but where I originally saw him talking about it was not Fox.

12 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Every one of those clips is someone being interviewed on Fox.  There is one CNN reporter calling her that.  I simply don't remember her being called that. 

You have to be able to hear the slant Fox puts on this and EVERYTHING.  Supposedly everyone lies but FOX, the network that has shelled out a billion and counting for actually lying.

Ummmm no. Everyone of those clips ABC, MSNBC,, CNN was them talking about it and calling her that. Not sure if you are intentionally trying to be dishonest or just didn't realize the Fox banner is covering the original one. 

Did you miss that or trying to be dishonest?

How's that propaganda on the left doing?

image.png

image.pngimage.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by wdefromtx
  • Like 1

If I didn’t see this in person I wouldn’t believe the democrats would try to rewrite history regarding Harris and the border assignment. It is mind boggling that they now blatantly lie about her assignment/title. What this means is that the border is an absolute massive failure of epic proportions. They can’t have her connected to this failure in any way, even though we all know she never wanted the job, refused to do the job, resisted to visit the border except one token visit, but was trumpeted by Joe as the best person for the job. She failed in every aspect of the assignment, even the limited diplomatic problem solving she admits to. Let’s see, what are the root causes? Well, the border is wide open, there are no limits, no security or patrols, everybody gets in, the government is handing out free money, food, supplies, and lodging without strings, hearings, education, vetting, or even vaccines ( all of them not Covid). And yet Harris failed to identify the “root” cause of the mass migration.

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

If I didn’t see this in person I wouldn’t believe the democrats would try to rewrite history regarding Harris and the border assignment. It is mind boggling that they now blatantly lie about her assignment/title. What this means is that the border is an absolute massive failure of epic proportions. They can’t have her connected to this failure in any way, even though we all know she never wanted the job, refused to do the job, resisted to visit the border except one token visit, but was trumpeted by Joe as the best person for the job. She failed in every aspect of the assignment, even the limited diplomatic problem solving she admits to. Let’s see, what are the root causes? Well, the border is wide open, there are no limits, no security or patrols, everybody gets in, the government is handing out free money, food, supplies, and lodging without strings, hearings, education, vetting, or even vaccines ( all of them not Covid). And yet Harris failed to identify the “root” cause of the mass migration.

Yeah, it is pretty telling. The fact that they are trying to find a way to distance her from it shows how much they know she owns it. They are trying to distract people on the title everyone calls her, when they all know it is inter-related. Why did the left say all the things and call her a border czar for so long, they understood it is part of the whole migration issue. Now they want to erase history and act like the right is crazy for calling her the same thing they did? 

Let's see, she was supposed to be doing diplomatic relations with those countries and determine the "root cases." Let's take the first step and secure our borders so that it helps deter people from making the trek in the first place. If they know they can't just come right in that will help deter some. That should be absolutely step one. Then look at what is going on in those countries, Let's see how we can help that situation. The problem is, it is not that simple to fix other countries issues and either just ends up being worse because of a war, the money goes into the wrong hands and ends up funding some organization we don't want to, or the government is corrupt (probably this) and they just line their pockets. 

Simply put, helping those countries is a long-term plan, that's even if you consider it feasible. I have my doubts, every time we try to do something like this, we end up turning it to s**t and it gets worse. So, the short-term action should be SECURE THE F*****G BORDER. Then if they want to waste money throwing it in a fire ahead of solving problems we have here then go ahead. 

Fact of the matter is, the border is one part of this migration issue, and she completely ignored it. And she failed miserably at these diplomatic relations too boot. 

Edited by wdefromtx

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I was very clear that she wouldn't be my first choice, but I also understand having to deal with the situation as it has presented itself.

On both sides.  IIWII.

I’m more amazed every day on how much of the facts people will ignore to support their narrative. I expect crickets from some because of seeing the facts. 

13 hours ago, homersapien said:

Exactly.  Biden never called her that. The title was a media creation. In fact, her role was more diplomatic than executive:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kamala-harris-immigration-biden-administration-border/

"Mr. Biden tasked Harris with leading the administration's diplomatic campaign to address the "root causes" of migration from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, including poverty, corruption and violence."

So did she do a good job?

• Haha 1

How long before the dems the re-writing of this?

Screenshot_20240727_060917_DuckDuckGo.jpg

10 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

You are surprised that the same party that gas lit Americans by propping up Joe Biden whose health and cognitive abilities are degraded so severely that it’s a cause for concern around the world?  The same party that manufactured a Russian dossier full of lies on a political opponent? It goes on and on.

The Democratic Party will do Anything to keep power.  I mean anything (maybe not murder, but sometimes I even wonder about that). 

We basically have state run news outlets when it comes to covering politics with most of the MSM outlets leaning left and Fox News leaning right.  They just repeat party talking points and narratives to their viewers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

And no one challenged that assertion by the media for three years plus. NO ONE. Now, everyone in the media is completely dumping the three-year-old facts and parroting exactly what the Harris Campaign wants them to say. 

The problem is that we all remember this for the last three years. 

I do not support trump at any level. But let's pretend we are all grown-ups for one minute. The media did tell everyone for three years plus this information. The GOP didn't create this mess. It was the media alone. No one ever protested it nor confronted the media about it. Not one time was it called out. For three years, over 1000 days, it was right as rain and stated 100s if not 1000s of times.

Now, VPKH is in election mode and they must take this very damaging episode away from trump and the GOP. So, the media does a 180 in mid-step and now sees that their reporting can be used against VPKH and so every link, article video is now disappearing from the internet. AND some of you political juveniles of course have zero issues with the gaslighting as long as your party wins. Orwell's 1984 is here now....

Remember people, this is the same folks that told us PJB was fine and had zero cognitive issues...and then after one bad debate flushed him down the toilet.

THE REAL ISSUE IS THAT ONCE THE "BEFORE" BECAME UNTENABLE, AND THEN WE GOT THE "AFTER" SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS, THE MEDIA NEVER ONE TIME SAID "YOU KNOW, WE SCREWED THAT UP." NOPE, THE TONE DEAF CROWD IN THE AMERICAN MEDIA WAS 100% PERFECT ALL THE WAY THROUGH ALL THAT, FOR YEARS...

Edited by DKW 86
  • Thanks 3

This attempt from the media to disassociate Harris from the border disaster won't work.  It hurts the media's credibility to the extent that they actually have any.  Also hilarious is the left's insistence that the border is just fine while simultaneously trying to distance Kamala from the fallout of the failure. 

35 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

This attempt from the media to disassociate Harris from the border disaster won't work.  It hurts the media's credibility to the extent that they actually have any.  Also hilarious is the left's insistence that the border is just fine while simultaneously trying to distance Kamala from the fallout of the failure. 

I see what you are saying, but it doesn’t really hurt them.   They don’t care.   Never have and never will.   What’s really sad is you have fellow Auburn fans on here who seem to want to think that in this particular case that Harris was not put in a position to fix the border problem.   They want to get hung up on a media word but fail to see that she did absolutely nothing other than visit a few countries.   Sad!  Just sad!   

10 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I see what you are saying, but it doesn’t really hurt them.   They don’t care.   Never have and never will.   What’s really sad is you have fellow Auburn fans on here who seem to want to think that in this particular case that Harris was not put in a position to fix the border problem.   They want to get hung up on a media word but fail to see that she did absolutely nothing other than visit a few countries.   Sad!  Just sad!   

It's worse than that. She is in complete support of the open border policy and will continue it as President.  She didn't do anything to fix it as border czar because she doesn't want it fixed. 

Edited by Cardin Drake

16 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Realize she does not have executive powers, instead would you classify it as she was appointed to advise policy to help sort out the root causes in those countries and countries in between. Better coordination, etc.?

That is my understanding from the (very) little research I've done.

She was charged with exploring/addressing the root causes of immigrant migration in their countries of origin.

Edited by homersapien

2 hours ago, Tigermike said:

So did she do a good job?

I honestly don't know what - if anything - was accomplished.