Who agrees with JD Vance?

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Apologies to @SaltyTiger for linking to direct quotes by his boy.

Old stuff dug up by Kamala Tex. That was an idea he floated by a group of conservatives 3 years ago. Need to see the rest of the conversation to get the point. What do you think? 

Edited by SaltyTiger

When politicians get philosophical, they get in trouble.  I understand the point he is making, but that is just a dumb thing to say.   Why are you trying to alienate a voting block that will obviously take offense at this?  Ok, this is kind of old, but he pretty much repeated it recently with his cat lady comments. 

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Old stuff dug up by Kamala Tex. That was an idea he floated by a group of conservatives 3 years ago. Need to see the rest of the conversation to get the point. What do you think? 

Blame the woman for what the guy said— amiright, Salty? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

In fairness, who among us didn't do some growing up between 36 and 39?

• Haha 6
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Leftfield said:

True…orange didn’t do himself any favors with this choice. But then again, it’s trump. 

• Like 1

Just now, autigeremt said:

True…orange didn’t do himself any favors with this choice. But then again, it’s trump. 

It has everything to do with Vance's world view and what he hopes to accomplish. Look at his influences and what they espouse, and it's easy to see why a man who praises dictators would want Vance working for him.

I'll be curious to see in the future what comes out about Trump's VP search, particularly if he loses. My guess is at least some of his staff was waiving big red flags, but he ignored them because of his ego and his buffoon son's recommendation.

• Like 1

Just now, Leftfield said:

It has everything to do with Vance's world view and what he hopes to accomplish. Look at his influences and what they espouse, and it's easy to see why a man who praises dictators would want Vance working for him.

I'll be curious to see in the future what comes out about Trump's VP search, particularly if he loses. My guess is at least some of his staff was waiving big red flags, but he ignored them because of his ego and his buffoon son's recommendation.

Wouldn’t be shocked. 

8 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Better late than never I guess. ;D

49 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Using this logic, Republicans shouldn't be able to use any of the things Kamala said when she was running for president in 2020 against her because she said them more than three years ago?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

No I am not blaming the woman for anything. Just pointing out how this came to light.

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Using this logic, Republicans shouldn't be able to use any of the things Kamala said when she was running for president in 2020 against her because she said them more than three years ago?

Never said it shouldn’t have been used Coffee. I only clarified what it was and gave my thoughts. 

9 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

That’s friggin nuts.  Did Trump vet this guy? Makes the View look smart.

His only bona fides are being Peter Thiel’s pet project. That’s literally it. 

• Like 2

I’m not sure what’s more frightening about that clip. The facts that he said it and believes it, or the fact that he has a room full of people who are excited and clapping about it. WTH has happened to us as a nation? 

My message to JD: “Your life story, though compelling is not unique. Often the only refuge for kids in dire situations is the helping hand of a childless couple, who because they’re childless have the resources and bandwidth to invest time and effort into saving you. Now, stop being a dingbat.”

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I guess doubling down on the whole thing is……..a route you can go…..

Man, I’m starting to think this guy is a DNC plant. He brings nothing but headaches to Trump’s campaign.

IMG_3574.jpeg

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 8:42 PM, Leftfield said:

The formative years.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

There's some truth in that.

It was 40 for Dubya. Youthful indiscretions.

• Like 1

JD Vance is a good Catholic who apparently believes nuns and priests have no stake in America’s future and lesser voting rights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

The formative years.

Fred Savage might actually still be young enough to make a show out of it.

• Like 1

This is my curiosity about Vance.  He graduated law school in 2013, supposedly dirt poor and having attended school on a scholarship.  Three years later, he is named a principal in an "investment firm."  His book was not published until 2016 and the movie was picked up several years later.  He worked one year after law school as a law clerk.  Where the heck did the money come from?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

This is my curiosity about Vance.  He graduated law school in 2013, supposedly dirt poor and having attended school on a scholarship.  Three years later, he is named a principal in an "investment firm."  His book was not published until 2016 and the movie was picked up several years later.  He worked one year after law school as a law clerk.  Where the heck did the money come from?

Peter

Thiel

• Like 3