Off-season Updates on MBB

1 hour ago, AUSCalum87 said:

Agree! I’m telling you, he’s going to be on the floor more than people realize. Can’t let someone like him with his athleticism sit on the bench.

If we ever have a PG with real floor vision again, dude is going to be an elite vertical threat. Like Derrick Jones Jr 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If we ever have a PG with real floor vision again, dude is going to be an elite vertical threat. Like Derrick Jones Jr 

I think we might have a point guard who can dish it out to him, especially with Pettiford and Pegues! Or worse comes to worse, he just throws it off the back board for a windmill dunk, he doesn’t need a passer, 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AUSCalum87 said:

I think we might have a point guard who can dish it out to him, especially with Pettiford and Pegues! Or worse comes to worse, he just throws it off the back board for a windmill dunk, he doesn’t need a passer, 🤣 

I gotta see those two before I trust em tbh; just the nature of seeing Auburn PGs too long

if the kid has any self creation chops, he should be an ELITE slasher 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I gotta see those two before I trust em tbh; just the nature of seeing Auburn PGs too long

if the kid has any self creation chops, he should be an ELITE slasher 

Oh, I am at a wait and see as well. However, I don’t think they could do any worse than last year or on previous years. JP is an experienced point guard who has made multiple big time shots. I’m not expecting him to be an All-SEC guard but I also believe he will be better than what we have had in the past 4 years. And Pettiford is going to shock a lot of people, even our own fans. His height is the only reason he’s not being talked about more. If he was 6’1 or 6’2, he would be a top 10 pick in the NBA draft.

As for Jakhi, he is a human highlight reel. I’ve seen so many videos of him and he’s the most athletic guy on the court every game. If he just starts polishing his shooting and his defense, he will be a first round pick. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Auburn to host Richmond on December 8. I think we have one, maybe 2 more nonconference games to announce and it will be completed for our nonconference schedule.

To put into perspective how difficult our nonconference schedule is: In years past, having to play Vermont, Richmond, and Kent State would have been at the top of our hardest opponents. This year, they are considered to be the easier teams we will play in nonconference schedule. Also, starting the year off with Vermont is scary. They are by far the favorites to win the America East Conference. That’s a game where I can see it coming down to the last 3-4 minutes. Vermont has A TON of guys who can play. This schedule as a whole is ridiculously difficult and if we get at least 10 wins heading into SEC slate, it could be a special year.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AUSCalum87 said:

Full nonconference schedule:

The road games are going to be crazy difficult. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

The road games are going to be crazy difficult. 

I honestly think we can split the Houston and Duke games. We will beat Ohio State and Purdue. The game against Iowa State is going to be our toughest. If we win that one, we will win the tournament I think. Best case scenario with out of conference : 12-1. Worst case: 7-5. Most likely: 10-3.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUSCalum87 said:

I honestly think we can split the Houston and Duke games. We will beat Ohio State and Purdue. The game against Iowa State is going to be our toughest. If we win that one, we will win the tournament I think. Best case scenario with out of conference : 12-1. Worst case: 7-5. Most likely: 10-3.

Would love to beat Duke and Houston for obvious reasons. This is definitely the schedule to get us conference ready this year. 10-3 sounds great imo. Bruce likes to try out different lineups in non-conference games to there will potentially be a slip up that shouldn’t happen as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Would love to beat Duke and Houston for obvious reasons. This is definitely the schedule to get us conference ready this year. 10-3 sounds great imo. Bruce likes to try out different lineups in non-conference games to there will potentially be a slip up that shouldn’t happen as well. 

Earlier in this thread, I said the only reason Bruce scheduled this way is because he sees the potential of this team. He’s never scheduled like this since he’s been here. We go 10-3 with that schedule, it could be a special season. I like our chances against Houston. The Duke game will be difficult to be honest. I love that we open against Vermont, right out the gate we will see what we have.

• Like 2