This is how Republicans will go after Kamala

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Maybe she was. Or maybe she didn’t have time to explain all of that. I can’t really remember the moment, but I know that those debates where there are like 10+ people are pretty chaotic.

Her campaign died after that exchange.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I wonder why Kamala didn’t have a comeback during that debate?  I guess she just was blindsided with the accusation and froze.  She looked unprepared.

Also, I think Democrats in general suck at defending themselves in debates, because they just assume people will research and find out the accusations aren’t accurate. Kind of like when Hillary didn’t push back on Trump for implied that doctors were pulling live babies out of women, with forceps at 9 months and murdering them.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Her campaign died after that exchange.

Yea it did. But I actually think she’s better off running now. She’s gone through a presidential election on a ticket and probably learned a lot about the nuances of how they work.

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea it did. But I actually think she’s better off running now. She’s gone through a presidential election on a ticket and probably learned a lot about the nuances of how they work.

She will have to take a stand on several issues.  She met with Netanyahu today, I don’t think she has any pull with him, but it will be interesting what is published about that meeting,

The problem is , can Trump annd Vance exploit important topics or is it just going to be a bunch of attacks on gender and race ?

They better take some heed to what Nikki Haley said about that, although I know some of the conservative base aren’t too happy with her. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah I get it.

An unintended consequence that behaved exactly like the myriad rootkit malwares out there that DPRK and PRC have been trying to sneak into our infrastructure for years lol. 

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

It also begs a lot of questions regarding quality/control, security and regulation of companies providing programming.

Maybe it ought to be managed more like we manage the air travel industry.

Crowdstrike has a lot to answer for regarding their QC. Any number of very basic checks before pushing to prod would have caught this. 

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, I watched it. 

My eyes glazed over at about 3:00.  ;D

If you’re on a Windows computer hit the buttons “CTRL-SHIFT-ESC” on the left side of the keyboard and look at what comes up lol.

It’s a program any low level dweeb will be familiar with and has been around since the window NT days. This guy wrote that.

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) – New details emerged Wednesday about how a Chinese spy managed to stay by Senator Dianne Feinstein's side for nearly 20 years.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/details-chinese-spy-dianne-feinstein-san-francisco/

Yep. And the FBI investigation found that he didn’t gather anything that could be potentially threatening. 

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The House Ethics Committee closed its two-year investigation into Rep. Eric Swalwell’s ties to suspected Chinese spy Christine Fang on Tuesday and said it will take no action against the California Democrat.

“As you are aware, on April 9, 2021, the Committee on Ethics informed you that it had determined to investigate allegations raised in the complaint that you may have violated House Rules, laws, or other standards of conduct in connection with your interactions with Ms. Christine Fang. The Committee will take no further action in this matter,” read a letter to Swalwell from Ethics Committee Chairman Michael Guest (R-Miss.) and ranking member Susan Wild (D-Pa.). 

https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/house-ethics-committee-ends-probe-into-swalwells-interaction-with-fang-fang/

I’m sure we got a lot of useful information from these two spyies.

The FBI had a bead on her for a long time. She fled pretty quick.

It’s not about wringing info out of them, but finding out what they might have gathered in the course of their work. That can actually be useful down the line. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

Yep. And the FBI investigation found that he didn’t gather anything that could be potentially threatening. 

The FBI had a bead on her for a long time. She fled pretty quick.

It’s not about wringing info out of them, but finding out what they might have gathered in the course of their work. That can actually be useful down the line. 

And?  Your contention was allow these spies free reign (like the spy balloon) and we can glean more information from them to make it to our advantage.

Your contention was ridiculous, just promoting Biden’s weakness.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

And?  Your contention was allow these spies free reign (like the spy balloon) and we can glean more information from them to make it to our advantage.

Your contention was ridiculous, just promoting Biden’s weakness.

There’s a term of art for this. Offensive counterintelligence. You can glean information about who they’re spying for and maybe sniff out a network. If you get *really* good at it, you can take advantage of it by feeding misinformation and occasionally get great triumphs like Operation Fortitude.

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

There’s a term of art for this. Offensive counterintelligence. You can glean information about who they’re spying for and maybe sniff out a network. If you get *really* good at it, you can take advantage of it by feeding misinformation and occasionally get great triumphs like Operation Fortitude.

Did we do this with regard to the Chinese Spy Balloon?  Did we hack what was sent back to China from the balloon after, of course, the WH admitted the existence?

You know Biden shot down some students science project at one point during the time the Chinese Spy Balloon was sending information to China.  This act sort of destroys any *yeah, it was better to just let it go as we can gain infor from it* mantra.

So are we going to get confirmation on a debate? Granted it is being said confirmation is pending on the democratic “nominee.”

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Did we do this with regard to the Chinese Spy Balloon?  Did we hack what was sent back to China from the balloon after, of course, the WH admitted the existence?

we have ways of knowing if it was communicating and what. 

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You know Biden shot down some students science project at one point during the time the Chinese Spy Balloon was sending information to China.  This act sort of destroys any *yeah, it was better to just let it go as we can gain infor from it* mantra.

Again, we have ways of knowing whether it was communicating at all and what it was saying. You can’t really mask radio. If it was transmitting it would have been lit up like a Christmas tree. 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

we have ways of knowing if it was communicating and what. 

Again, we have ways of knowing whether it was communicating at all and what it was saying. You can’t really mask radio. If it was transmitting it would have been lit up like a Christmas tree. 

Do you know how SEAD works?