A good first campaign rally for Kamala

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No, opinions are discussed here. The difference is that you’re expected to defend them with some rigor lol. 

.... intellectual rigor.  ;)

I have to say that I like KH better the more I hear about her policies.

I would like to hear her address the crapfest at the border and at least take some responsibility for it.

But she is for M4A and that alone might get my vote. 

And where did this relaxed speaker come from? It is almost like she was an abused wife when Biden was around. She has spent 3 years giving word salads a bad name and then gives 2-3 good speeches in a row.

Why was she not presiding over the joint session for Netanyahu? That was a great place to look like a leader and not a petty pol.

Still, I like her better than I thought I would. trump is still trump. Cant trust a word he says. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I have to say that I like KH better the more I hear about her policies.

I would like to hear her address the crapfest at the border and at least take some responsibility for it.

But she is for M4A and that alone might get my vote. 

And where did this relaxed speaker come from? It is almost like she was an abused wife when Biden was around. She has spent 3 years giving word salads a bad name and then gives 2-3 good speeches in a row.

Why was she not presiding over the joint session for Netanyahu? That was a great place to look like a leader and not a petty pol.

Still, I like her better than I thought I would. trump is still trump. Cant trust a word he says. 

She was do busy at Rupaul's Drag Race...................

6 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

She was do busy at Rupaul's Drag Race...................

GIF by The Streamy Awards - Find & Share on GIPHY

On 7/24/2024 at 12:56 PM, ArgoEagle said:

Seriously though.  Shouldn't this thread be in the Smack Talk Forum?

Saying she had a good first rally is opinionated at best. Not a fact.

The determination on whether something goes in smack talk or here isn't whether it's an opinion or not.

18 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The determination on whether something goes in smack talk or here isn't whether it's an opinion or not.

That's pretty vague. Could you expound on that please?

56 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

If we don’t editorialize then not much discussion happens. This is a forum and forums are for sharing opinions, you know. 

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

This forum is for serious discussion.  That does not mean that it's not opinionated.  It just means the aim is to have more in-depth discussions that are short on snark, drive by posts consisting of nothing more than a copy/paste of an op-ed, name calling, vitriol and partisan sloganeering and long on giving solid reasoning for the opinion you're arguing, trying to ask intelligent questions, to the best of your ability seek to foster good conversation even with your opposition and things like that.  It's not an exact science, but it should give a general direction we're hoping for here.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

This forum is for serious discussion.  That does not mean that it's not opinionated.  It just means the aim is to have more in-depth discussions that are short on snark, drive by posts consisting of nothing more than a copy/paste of an op-ed, name calling, vitriol and partisan sloganeering and long on giving solid reasoning for the opinion you're arguing, trying to ask intelligent questions, to the best of your ability seek to foster good conversation even with your opposition and things like that.  It's not an exact science, but it should give a general direction we're hoping for here.

Thank you for clarifying.

Harris will fire up the dem base far more than Biden. However, while Trump/maga repulses many moderates, Harris’s quasi progressive heritage and track record on the border won’t have them dancing  in the streets either. IMO still feels like a lesser of 2 evils election.

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Harris will fire up the dem base far more than Biden. However, while Trump/maga repulses many moderates, Harris’s quasi progressive heritage and track record on the border won’t have them dancing  in the streets either. IMO still feels like a lesser of 2 evils election.

Our 2 party political system pretty much guarantees that a lot of moderates/independents are never going to be truly happy or excited with the primary candidates that are presented to them. 

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Harris’s quasi progressive heritage and track record

You’re being too kind when you say quasi.