🗼Paris Olympics 2024🥇🥈🥉

AURex

So impressed with our women's gymnastics team. These young ladies brought it!

I'm hoping Suni does well in the all-around. It's just about impossible for anyone to beat Simone when she's healthy, but Suni and Jordan have both proven they can compete at the highest level.

1 of the things I absolutely love about the Olympics is seeing things from other parts of the world like the NZ rugby team doing their HAKA (sorry if I said that wrong). So thanks for sharing that! BTW, the end of our bronze-medal rugby match is kinda like the Kick 6! Amazing! And I love watching sports I never get to watch like rugby or beach volleyball or rowing. And getting to see GOATS like Simone & Katie Ledecky. I don't mind saying that I nearly cried watching Suni in the gymnastics all-around after all she's been through (I won't name results in case anyone doesn't know & is planning on watching tonight). And our boy Rowdy is the absolute best to listen to as he calls the swimming (even better if they show a video of him pulling for someone during the race!). War Eagle Rowdy! War Eagle Suni!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerTennis80 said:

1 of the things I absolutely love about the Olympics is seeing things from other parts of the world like the NZ rugby team doing their HAKA (sorry if I said that wrong). So thanks for sharing that! BTW, the end of our bronze-medal rugby match is kinda like the Kick 6! Amazing! And I love watching sports I never get to watch like rugby or beach volleyball or rowing. And getting to see GOATS like Simone & Katie Ledecky. I don't mind saying that I nearly cried watching Suni in the gymnastics all-around after all she's been through (I won't name results in case anyone doesn't know & is planning on watching tonight). And our boy Rowdy is the absolute best to listen to as he calls the swimming (even better if they show a video of him pulling for someone during the race!). War Eagle Rowdy! War Eagle Suni!

Agreed.  And I did cry during Suni floor routine. 

3 hours ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Katie Ledecky -- during the 1500m race broadcast, Rowdy put up a graphic showing that Katie has the top 19 (now 20!) fastest times in that event.  She won the race with a nearly 15m lead & set a new Olympic record.  She's 27 and plans on competing in the 2028 LA games.  Unreal ... 

• Like 1

Suni takes Bronze in the All Around. Still more to come with women's gymnastics. Go Girls!

I guess I shouldn't say that. They refer to the team, now, as the Golden Girls after the team Gold, but hey, Biles is 27 years old and Suni is 21. These are no longer girls like the old days of pubescent teens competing in gymnastics. These are young women now.

Go Ladies!

Yes.  Now that it's over.  Truly remarkable the way Suni fought back to get Bronze. Solid throughout when she needed it. 7th after 1, 5th after 2, 4th after 3, and finished in 3rd.  Watching her floor routine was truly special, not because of the difficulty.  Her decision to herself to perform the routine of her life, showed her grit.  When she hit that first pass and stuck the landing, smile on her face, you knew she was not going to be denied.  I lost it at that point.  Tears running while watching her fight to achieve that comeback dream.  So inspired.  Love her so much.  So proud of our Auburn gymnast.  

• Like 1

I've heard "Auburn" mentioned for 2 athletes. One in a swimming heat and one in a men's 100 heat. Did not catch the name of either one. They were not on the U.S. team - competing for their home country. And I don't think either advanced beyond their heat.

Anyone know who they are?

Almost like it was scripted vault,

🇺🇲Simone 🥇

🇧🇷Andrade 🥈

🇺🇲Jade 🥉

Also Trinity Rodman just had a world class goal to put USA up 1-0 over Japan in ET

Suni did it again! 

The gold and silver had 7.20 difficulty.  No chance to catch them, despite going with her 6.400 start. 

Suni 14.800

Silver 15.500

Gold 15.700

She's insane! I think she's earned one anyways but definitely if she wins another medal tomorrow to tie Coventry, she needs a statue 😉 

I sure would love it if she wanted to return to Auburn to finish her degree, she will still have eligibility.  Thought I heard somewhere she originally planned to return after Olympics until the kidney issue. 

Heartbroken for Suni.  She fell off the beam, pretty badly, during her triple series.  This is the event she wanted Gold (her best shot at gold). Just a cruel sport. Will miss podium. 

She will finish with 3 medals this Olympics, still 1 behind Coventry for Auburn and Shannon Miller in US women's gym. 

Wow ... Suni, Simone, Andrade (3 all around medals) ALL MISS THE PODIUM in beam.  Suni and Simone both fell during the series.  Only 1 clean routine through 7, Andrade hit her routine but still scored less.  I thought she was getting Gold.  Evidently she went too conservative and didn't connect anything.  Brutal beam.  Italy gets gold and bronze, China silver.  Just crazy.  But talk about complete silence in the arena.  Normally there is floor music going on.  Has to be one of the toughest environments in any sport. Sounds of silence and a 4 inch beam for a medal.  Wow. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

Surfing gold!! That's kinda awesome. 

Ohhh?

I am back from Paris (no Gymnastics tickets but Swimming was great).

Btw, I didn't know that Leon Marchand was an AU legacy. His father is a former Auburn swimmer.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AUreo said:

I am back from Paris (no Gymnastics tickets but Swimming was great).

Btw, I didn't know that Leon Marchand was an AU legacy. His father is a former Auburn swimmer.

Did you go swim the Seine? Lol

He has not been himself in these Olympics but the real Steph Curry showed up when USA needed him the most.  36 points!!! 9 threes!!! To Lead the US back from 17 points against Serbia (Jokic is on this team).  Follow this thread attached to see what he did.  

45 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

He has not been himself in these Olympics but the real Steph Curry showed up when USA needed him the most.  36 points!!! 9 threes!!! To Lead the US back from 17 points against Serbia (Jokic is on this team).  Follow this thread attached to see what he did.  

Eh that's a little misleading. No denying he had a great game, but  most of his points were just to keep us in the game. The real run was sparked LeBron and Embiid on the defensive end. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arein0 said:

Eh that's a little misleading. No denying he had a great game, but  most of his points were just to keep us in the game. The real run was sparked LeBron and Embiid on the defensive end. 

Yes that is true.  Although like you said, Steph is likely the only way we stayed in striking distance to make that push.  I'm also glad that Steph had a good game.  The other games I watched, he missed his shots quite a bit. 

• Like 1

Lebron is still so good. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Lebron is still so good. 

I love how he has reminded everyone these Olympics with his effort.  Like Brock Lesnar, he can go when he tries 😆 

Wemby is acquitting himself nicely here but Embiid is so strong. 

Steph Fn Curry did it himself this time.  That last 3 was insane!

• Like 1