🗼Paris Olympics 2024🥇🥈🥉

AURex

59 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Somebody has been hitting the weight room.

Wow.

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Wow.

Speed and power, that is a 5* RB right there.

• Haha 1

Again lol

My daughter's high school has a powder puff game between grades.  I swear I saw some of this action in those games.  Some girls just salivate at the opportunity to stiff arm the others lol

At 3:45ET, USA will represent the Gold/ silver medal game in fencing foil.  Both Americans.  

The Lexington Kentucky native Kiefer wins back to back fencing Gold!!

Watching the coverage tonight you wouldn’t even know Suni is on the USA team. All about Simon Biles for some reason. 

• Like 1

One of the swimmers for another country in the prelims apparently swam for Auburn, but I did not catch his name. I don't think he advanced to the finals. Anyone catch his name?

35 minutes ago, AURex said:

One of the swimmers for another country in the prelims apparently swam for Auburn, but I did not catch his name. I don't think he advanced to the finals. Anyone catch his name?

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/auburn-tigers-well-represented-in-the-olympics-your-guide-01j3rdsr22cj

Just watched an incredible race with the Mountain Bike Cross Country.  Holy smokes what drama on the final half of that race, especially last lap.  Don't want to spoil it in case anyone wants to watch.  Key skip to points if don't want to watch the full race: lap 3 to lap 4, then picks up the last 3 laps, insane final lap (can't remember if 7 or 8 laps) but in reality once the transition happens around lap 3, it's fun to watch to the end. 

• Like 1

This is getting exciting

Enormous test tomorrow in Semi.  The All Blacks. NZ had a 95 Goal differential compared to 31 for US in pool play.  But France is the only one to give us a loss and they got upset by Canada in QFs. 

Oh boy.  She's next ..

yikes. 

Damn...Earl Campbell power and a Walter Payton stiff arm on her.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Oh boy.  She's next ..

yikes. 

Damnation she's scary

• Like 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Damnation she's scary

The ladies are far more brutal than the men 😆 

• Haha 1

NZ beats US 24-12. The unfortunate thing is Canada upset Australia.  So we will have to beat the Aussies to get a medal.  Canada is hot right now but Aus was a better team.  I hope they pull it out for the bronze. 1pmET

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

US Wins the Rugby bronze!!!!  Scoring a breakaway try with no time remaining and makes the kick after to win 14-12 over Australia!!

• Thanks 3
  • Love 1

First Rugby medal in 100 years for USA. 1924 men won gold (before Sevens was created I believe) 

• Like 1

• Love 1

Okay, time to set aside your political ideology. A number of athletes (including 2 US) have tested positive for COVID. Even if you are of the political persuasion that COVID is a big nothing, that's not true. Even flu or a cold can affect performance of athletes at this level. At least one finalist has withdrawn from swimming competition. Some coaches and staff are now wearing masks. Athletes who have tested positive have been moved to accommodations outside Olympic Village.

Bummer!

33 minutes ago, AURex said:

Okay, time to set aside your political ideology. A number of athletes (including 2 US) have tested positive for COVID. Even if you are of the political persuasion that COVID is a big nothing, that's not true. Even flu or a cold can affect performance of athletes at this level. At least one finalist has withdrawn from swimming competition. Some coaches and staff are now wearing masks. Athletes who have tested positive have been moved to accommodations outside Olympic Village.

Bummer!

Read a story that many athletes are getting hotels instead of the village for various reasons.  Part of it is the commute to the events, crowding, uncomfortable beds etc. 

One of the greatest things in sports. The Haka! This is a different one than I've typically seen but just so incredible.  If you have ever watched the All Blacks in full Rugby competition, they do this BEFORE the match.  Love it. 

• RunInRed changed the title to Auburn in the 2024 Olympics