Bama backup QB NIL deal

On the local news Ty Simpson will get the use of a new Chevy Silverado pickup from Harbin Chevy (Scottsboro, Al) and will get a new truck every 2 months.  Not a bad gig for a backup.

New truck every 2 months seems stupid.  But whatever

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Seems like overkill to me, but whatever.  I do like seeing these nil contracts revealed to the public. It's better than reading the rumors and random $$ figures thrown around for a player and not even know what kind of contract these players have with a company or what kind of services the player is contracted to perform for the $$ they're getting. 

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

New truck every 2 months seems stupid.  But

dealers typically put some miles on some so they can be sold as demos, or were in rental fleet.

Edited by Hopsing
Punctuation
  • Like 1

I would think the dealer will sell the used truck as one that was owned by an Alabama football player.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I would think the dealer will sell the used truck as one that was owned by an Alabama football player.

🤮

The used truck will be set up on one end of satan field. Winner of the footrace from the other end zone gets the truck. One has to weigh over 275 pounds to enter the race. It is expected to be a full field of entrants.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Probably have them autograph the truck in something permanent. I could see those selling.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 11:48 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Talk about a depreciating ASSet.

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2024 at 10:18 AM, fishepa said:

It’s not at all. They can keep the miles low and sell as a demo instead of used. Same type of deal the sales managers would get.