Donations to Harris

47 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The way our system is set up even a third party coming up would only replace one of the two.

If you want viable third party options you’ll have to restructure our elections entirely. 

That’s what I’d like to see. True representation 

26 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

That’s what I’d like to see. True representation 

What restructuring our elections? It’d be a mess. 

The real winner out of all this is Maya Rudolph. 

IMG_2642.jpeg

Edited by wdefromtx
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 2:01 PM, AU9377 said:

All those that said they would rather move did quite well by staying.

And so did the same ones that said they would move if Trump was elected.    And what happened during Trump’s tenure that was a catastrophe?   Would love to know besides some feelings getting hurt because orange man said mean things.   

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

And what happened during Trump’s tenure that was a catastrophe?   

There was this little bug called COVID.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

And so did the same ones that said they would move if Trump was elected.    And what happened during Trump’s tenure that was a catastrophe?   Would love to know besides some feelings getting hurt because orange man said mean things.   

The only real things that he did well was hand out tax cuts and drive up the debt.  Every other issue he encountered was one more example of making no attempt to find a solution and every effort to personalize and make the divide greater. He found it impossible to stand at the podium and actually speak truthfully.

He couldn't keep the most qualified people in positions of importance.  Secretary of Defense, Attorney General, Secretary of State and on and on would leave the White House because they discovered that he had no ability to accept information that conflicted with his juvenile assumptions.  Instead of appreciating their experience and knowledge, he would belittle them. 

The man actually attempted to enlist a foreign nation to to open a criminal investigation into his political rival.  When they refused, he slow walked military aid and had his surrogates dangle that aid like a carrot to force their hand.  You can pretend that didn't happen all you want, but his own ambassadors testified to the plan in detail.

Covid.... he had to make it about himself.  That made it a partisan political issue, which it should have never been.

When he lost the 2020 election, he acted like no other man holding that office ever dared to act.  He attempted to prevent the certification of electors from states he lost and went to the extent of enlisting groups of fake electors to take their place and change the outcome. I'm fairly certain that George Washington or Thomas Jefferson would call that treason.  At the very least, he failed to defend the constitution as he swore an oath to do.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The only real things that he did well was hand out tax cuts and drive up the debt.  Every other issue he encountered was one more example of making no attempt to find a solution and every effort to personalize and make the divide greater. He found it impossible to stand at the podium and actually speak truthfully.

He couldn't keep the most qualified people in positions of importance.  Secretary of Defense, Attorney General, Secretary of State and on and on would leave the White House because they discovered that he had no ability to accept information that conflicted with his juvenile assumptions.  Instead of appreciating their experience and knowledge, he would belittle them. 

The man actually attempted to enlist a foreign nation to to open a criminal investigation into his political rival.  When they refused, he slow walked military aid and had his surrogates dangle that aid like a carrot to force their hand.  You can pretend that didn't happen all you want, but his own ambassadors testified to the plan in detail.

Covid.... he had to make it about himself.  That made it a partisan political issue, which it should have never been.

When he lost the 2020 election, he acted like no other man holding that office ever dared to act.  He attempted to prevent the certification of electors from states he lost and went to the extent of enlisting groups of fake electors to take their place and change the outcome. I'm fairly certain that George Washington or Thomas Jefferson would call that treason.  At the very least, he failed to defend the constitution as he swore an oath to do.

Was talking about policy.   Stay focused.    Did you forget that Biden is on camera boosting about withholding money from a government if someone wasn’t fired?   Whatever you want to say about the 2020 election, there were procedures on how to vote that wasn’t done in legal way in which it should have.   Governors making voting decisions unilaterally without going through legislative process.   Is that a form of voter fraud? I guess it depends on which side won.    

And who cares how he handled Covid, the man expedited the vaccine process but you give him no credit for that.   

81 million voted for Brandon, are they worried that the same 81 million won’t vote for him again?   The man should win with no problem.   The media and his party has said he is the best president in their lifetime.    

On 7/23/2024 at 10:57 AM, auburnatl1 said:

everyone needs to stop screaming about the apocalypse and start debating policy.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

On 7/23/2024 at 11:35 AM, arein0 said:

You keep saying this but never share what should be done to fix it. 

Hell, I'd just like to hear him expound on how Harris is an equivalent democratic threat to someone who:

1. refused to concede an election and accordingly committed sedition

2. turned the SCOTUS into a partisan clown show

3. threatens to over-haul the federal government to loyalists.

4. embraces authoritarians and alienates allies

EMT sometimes allows his nihilism overshadow logic.

On 7/23/2024 at 5:30 PM, AUDub said:

The way our system is set up even a third party coming up would only replace one of the two.

If you want viable third party options you’ll have to restructure our elections entirely. 

I agree. 

It's not realistic to think a third party will emerge to replace either one of the existing parties.

It's also not realistic to "restructure" our elections entirely, although they could be improved with signficant modifications, particularly in the effect of money and duration.

What's most likely to happen is that one of the parties will modify their policies/image enough to capture a clear majority.  That's what has happened in the past and what will likely happen in the future.

IMO, Democrats have less changing to do than Republicans, who have allowed themselves to evolve/change into a radical hole, largely due to their embracing a demagogue.  Hell, they'd have to first take their party back from Trump, presumably starting with the chairman - Trump's daughter-in-law.

Edited by homersapien

On 7/23/2024 at 5:45 PM, AUDub said:

What restructuring our elections? It’d be a mess. 

I don’t think it would be a mess. 

Right now on Facebook my MAGA friends are having a hissy fit over Netflix's co-founder announcing that he's donating $7mill to Kamala. They are all talking about going home this evening and canceling their subscription and accusing Netflix of being 'communist'. 

It's entertaining to say the least. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Right now on Facebook my MAGA friends are having a hissy fit over Netflix's co-founder announcing that he's donating $7mill to Kamala. They are all talking about going home this evening and canceling their subscription and accusing Netflix of being 'communist'. 

It's entertaining to say the least. 

Busch Lite redux.  :laugh:

I need to run for president lmao 🤣 not