Donations to Harris

Word on the street is the Harris Campaign website is reporting $50 million in donations in 7 hours last night. That’s tough if true. I’m going to be  donating myself today, but it kind of sucks to know that I won’t be able to even give 25% of what Donald Trump donated to Harris.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-donated-to-kamala-harris-twice-as-private-citizen-2020-8?amp&utm_source=reddit.com

Edited by AuCivilEng1

16 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Word on the street is the Harris Campaign website is reporting $50 million in donations in 7 hours last night. That’s tough if true. I’m going to be  donating myself today, but it kind of sucks to know that I won’t be able to even give 25% of what Donald Trump donated to Harris.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-donated-to-kamala-harris-twice-as-private-citizen-2020-8?amp&utm_source=reddit.com

Shows he isn’t a racist, right?

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Meh. Really it shows that he’s opportunistic like every other millionaire in America. The Nixon justice department would probably have disagreed with you on him not being a racist.so would the Central Park 5.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It's like this woman (who actually identifies as a cackling hen, or laughing hyena, not sure which) comes totally unprepared for interviews on talk shows & public speaking events.  She just says hand me the microphone & watch this!  Then her mind gets to going 90 miles an hour trying to think of the perfect proclamation that she should express; a volcano of wisdom about to erupt!  And then instead of lava coming out, it's a tiny puff of smoke like she just took a hit off of a peace pipe.

It literally sounds like a 2nd grader sat down for 2 days & came up with this nonsense.  The saddest part is this may not be the most embarrassing piece of worthlessness she's come up with up to now.  The Yellow School Bus fiasco comes to mind.

The only reason you & others like you are going to waste your money is to keep Trump out of office.   That is sad & pathetic.

It reminds me of the beginning of the movie Lean on Me, where Morgan Freeman tells the board this school deserves whatever it gets.

If that clown somehow gets to be President, by hook or by crook (probably by crook), then this country deserves whatever it gets with her in office.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

If that clown somehow gets to be President, by hook or by crook (probably by crook), then this country deserves whatever it gets with her in office.

We have nothing but clowns running at this point.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Sorta 

Clowns are on the left..

Jokers are on the right.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

With the circus as their backdrop. 

3 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Sorta 

Clowns are on the left..

Jokers are on the right.

The worst was the Biden State of the Union Speech.  When he had Harris & Pelosi sitting behind each shoulder.

Looked like he had 2 gargoyles sitting behind him.

8 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

It reminds me of the beginning of the movie Lean on Me, where Morgan Freeman tells the board this school deserves whatever it gets.

image.gif.95a3e5c3d864565e01134ed552b005fb.gif

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, homersapien said:

image.gif.95a3e5c3d864565e01134ed552b005fb.gif

Homer finally admits the Democrats are the other side of the same coin. 🪙 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Homer finally admits the Democrats are the other side of the same coin. 🪙 

How so, oh confused one?

You really think Harris is a greater threat to the country than Trump?

Edited by homersapien

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

How so, oh confused one?

She’s going to force them all into milking camps, like on South Park.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

How so, oh confused one?

You don’t pay attention, do you? They are BOTH a great threat to the Republic. 

• Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

You don’t pay attention, do you? They are BOTH a great threat to the Republic. 

You keep saying this but never share what should be done to fix it. 

• Like 1

This never ending threat to the country/end of times /hitler-stalin-attila stuff is exhausting. I get the 1/6 fear but at some point everyone needs to stop screaming about the apocalypse and start debating policy. It’s this kinda crazed vague rhetoric that mobilizes the real nut cases. Ps I will say the civil war rant people need to go on a cruise or get a hobby

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

This never ending threat to the country/end of times /hitler-stalin-attila stuff is exhausting. I get the 1/6 fear but at some point everyone needs to stop screaming about the apocalypse and start debating policy. It’s this kinda crazed vague rhetoric that mobilizes the real nut cases. Ps I will say the civil war rant people need to go on a cruise or get a hobby

I drove by briefly yesterday and thought I'd accidentally logged on to Tigerdroppings. The childishness on display was off the charts. Same s*** different day. Embarrassing to say the least. 

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

You keep saying this but never share what should be done to fix it. 

I’m not a fool to think one person down in Auburn, AL can fix anything, but the first thing that needs to happen is to get a third rail in the mix to break up the duopoly. One that focuses on the majority of Americans and not the fringes. I’ll probably die before anything like that ever occurs, but I’m not conforming and I’ll keep railing on the horrendous job that’s been done by the two party gridlock/system forged off our backs. 

Edited by autigeremt

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I’m not a fool to think one person down in Auburn, AL can fix anything, but the first thing that needs to happen is to get a third rail in the mix to break up the duopoly. One that focuses on the majority of Americans and not the fringes. I’ll probably die before anything like that ever occurs, but I’m not conforming and I’ll keep railing on the horrendous job that’s been done by the two party gridlock/system forged off our backs. 

In order to get a viable 3rd party, you would need an election reform. Our current set up, whether intentional or not, is designed for 2 options.

I think the reason the parties have started drifting to the extremes is that most of the politicians only need to worry about their primaries. Most people don't vote in the primaries and autoselect D or R. So the politicians are catering to the population that votes in the primaries, the extremes or loyalists, and the center is abandoned. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2024 at 8:52 AM, I_M4_AU said:

It's on the internet, so it must be true.

On 7/22/2024 at 10:12 AM, ArgoEagle said:

It's like this woman (who actually identifies as a cackling hen, or laughing hyena, not sure which) comes totally unprepared for interviews on talk shows & public speaking events.  She just says hand me the microphone & watch this!  Then her mind gets to going 90 miles an hour trying to think of the perfect proclamation that she should express; a volcano of wisdom about to erupt!  And then instead of lava coming out, it's a tiny puff of smoke like she just took a hit off of a peace pipe.

It literally sounds like a 2nd grader sat down for 2 days & came up with this nonsense.  The saddest part is this may not be the most embarrassing piece of worthlessness she's come up with up to now.  The Yellow School Bus fiasco comes to mind.

The only reason you & others like you are going to waste your money is to keep Trump out of office.   That is sad & pathetic.

You do realize that the vast majority of things u see on Facebook or other platforms are fake?  Half the ones that aren't totally fake are taken out of context or aren't complete.  They do serve their purpose.  They reaffirm an opinion that was planted long ago.  There is an alarming number of people that only get their information by taking in what they see on a TicToc feed or Youtube. 

I'm not her biggest fan, but it has nothing to do with how she laughs or her ability to wow a room with her public speaking.  Nonetheless, I will likely have to choose between Trump and Harris.  In that scenario, she will get my vote.   I remember all too well what Trump as President looks like.

I also remember all too well how enraged many of you were at the thought of Obama being elected President, much less for two terms.  If eligible, and he wanted the job, he would win again.  All those that said they would rather move did quite well by staying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

In order to get a viable 3rd party, you would need an election reform. Our current set up, whether intentional or not, is designed for 2 options.

I think the reason the parties have started drifting to the extremes is that most of the politicians only need to worry about their primaries. Most people don't vote in the primaries and autoselect D or R. So the politicians are catering to the population that votes in the primaries, the extremes or loyalists, and the center is abandoned. 

Then I guess we are not a real Democracy. Just one made up by elephants and asses. 

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

Then I guess we are not a real Democracy. Just one made up by elephants and asses. 

Not sure how you jumped to that conclusion?

It's obvious you would rather complain than think about solutions. 

16 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Not sure how you jumped to that conclusion?

It's obvious you would rather complain than think about solutions. 

I've been coming here a long, long time. My days of providing solutions ended when it was clear that I had no real options left, politically speaking. I stand by what I believe....the two party machine has used division and distortion to erode this country down to the core (or corpse if we continue down this path), so when Democracy is thrown around like it's McDonalds French Fry, I just shake my head. 

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

I've been coming here a long, long time. My days of providing solutions ended when it was clear that I had no real options left, politically speaking. I stand by what I believe....the two party machine has used division and distortion to erode this country down to the core (or corpse if we continue down this path), so when Democracy is thrown around like it's McDonalds French Fry, I just shake my head. 

You're not alone in feeling orphaned by these two parties, at least on a national scale. I'll spend more time on what's happening locally. As for a president, I'll see if there's someone on the ballot that I wouldn't feel completely embarrassed to vote for (Harris and Trump would fall into the "you f'ing kidding me?" category, for the record)...if there isn't, then leaving the top of the ballot empty and voting for the state/local candidates only isn't out of the question.

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

The way our system is set up even a third party coming up would only replace one of the two.

If you want viable third party options you’ll have to restructure our elections entirely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1