I've stated previously

that the party who replaces their current candidate with a younger more energetic candidate, without change in the other party,  will win the election. Well the democrats have come through on their end. What are your expectations going forward? The republicans had a chance to elect someone younger but decided on Trump. Going forward I feel the media will point the "age" spotlight on Trump. It's fair game in my opinion because he could suffer the same Biden issues later on in his potential presidency. Trump's only hope is if he can articulate his plan (policies) in a way that people will understand and get on board. Can he communicate such a plan? Tone down rhetoric and insults? If not, he loses.

• Like 1

I can’t believe you just wrote that.  *The Democrats have come through on their end*?????  Have you been paying attention?  The Democrats have lied to the nation through the whole primary season, discouraged anybody who would primary Biden by changing primary rules and cancelling primaries in some states, and going all in on Biden until it was perfectly obvious the man could not do the job anymore.  They knew this before the primary and still rigged it in his favor.

The Dems got caught and you want to reward them with believing they came through on their end?  My God, the Dems should hide is shame for the rest of eternity.

Trump can do the same with Kamala as he did with Biden, let her talk and spout word salads.  The press will treat her snippets like contestants on Family Fued after they give an answer and before it was revealed it was wrong.  She is more of an empty suit than Biden was.  It should just piss people off that the Dems have orchestrated yet another primary and installed someone who people didn’t vote for.  JMO

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can’t believe you just wrote that.  *The Democrats have come through on their end*?????  Have you been paying attention?  The Democrats have lied to the nation through the whole primary season, discouraged anybody who would primary Biden by changing primary rules and cancelling primaries in some states, and going all in on Biden until it was perfectly obvious the man could not do the job anymore.  They knew this before the primary and still rigged it in his favor.

The Dems got caught and you want to reward them with believing they came through on their end?  My God, the Dems should hide is shame for the rest of eternity.

Trump can do the same with Kamala as he did with Biden, let her talk and spout word salads.  The press will treat her snippets like contestants on Family Fued after they give an answer and before it was revealed it was wrong.  She is more of an empty suit than Biden was.  It should just piss people off that the Dems have orchestrated yet another primary and installed someone who people didn’t vote for.  JMO

Man I don’t know if Harris will win or not, but judging by your reaction to this simple OP, I can’t wait to watch it play out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Your daily record for mindless rants is intact already. 👍🏻 You can nap now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Your daily record for mindless rants is intact already. 👍🏻 You can nap now.

Just another day in Biden’s America.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I didn't say the end justifies the means, but it happened. Biden has been replaced. I'll watch what happens next. Biden was the best man to run against Trump for his sake. Now let's get a pail of popcorn and be entertained. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 1

As I’ve said in another thread, this probably doesn’t change much. My gut is telling me Trump will still win barring something weird happening again. 

Plus it will be interesting to see how it plays out replacing Biden on the ballot in some of the states. Some of the states by law that date has passed. I expect some legal challenges and states to scramble to change the law. I fully expect the republicans to fight it in each state, but that’s the consequence of throwing your guy out after gaslighting for four years. 

And it’s not like Harris has unified support. Apparently AOC is concerned about the states and the lack of support for Harris behind closed doors. 

17 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

And it’s not like Harris has unified support. Apparently AOC is concerned about the states and the lack of support for Harris behind closed doors. 

😂😂Harris has unified support a whole hell of a lot more than anyone would have imagined. In less than 24 hours she’s received endorsements from every single state party leader, every Democratic lawmaker with at least a decent amount of recognition (Whitmer, Newsom, Buttigieg, Warren, Shapiro, Beshear, Kelley, Pritsker, Moore), she’s raised $50 million dollars, and even AOC who you just used as an example, has endorsed her. 

2 hours ago, creed said:

that the party who replaces their current candidate with a younger more energetic candidate, without change in the other party,  will win the election. Well the democrats have come through on their end. What are your expectations going forward? The republicans had a chance to elect someone younger but decided on Trump. Going forward I feel the media will point the "age" spotlight on Trump. It's fair game in my opinion because he could suffer the same Biden issues later on in his potential presidency. Trump's only hope is if he can articulate his plan (policies) in a way that people will understand and get on board. Can he communicate such a plan? Tone down rhetoric and insults? If not, he loses.

Nikki Haley said the same thing months ago:

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/joe-biden-drops-out-nikki-haley-b2583808.html

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

😂😂Harris has unified support a whole hell of a lot more than anyone would have imagined. In less than 24 hours she’s received endorsements from every single state party leader, every Democratic lawmaker with at least a decent amount of recognition (Whitmer, Newsom, Buttigieg, Warren, Shapiro, Beshear, Kelley, Pritsker, Moore), she’s raised $50 million dollars, and even AOC who you just used as an example, has endorsed her. 

Just stating what AOC said, she did not come out and say it but it seemed to be some of the really old fart elites. 

Raising $50 million is good, almost as good as someone who gets convicted and raises $53 million in 24 hours. 

But, the real question is, can she keep some of the votes that switched sides last time or maybe were first time voters? Also, how many voters are going to be upset that this time around they had no say in who is on their ballot?

Are the states that the deadline has passed for getting a name on the ballot starting to see about changing their law's?

A serious question to you.....what if a state blocks a law change? Are you going to say they should just put her on the ballot anyways? That could happen in states that are republican controlled. That seems to be something the bothers AOC. 

Things are about to get interesting. 

I could be wrong but I still maintain that the Democratic leadership doesn't really think Harris has a very good chance of winning this fall.  This is more about Biden's debate performance feeding the view that he's not up to 4 more years and the malaise it has created for Democrats in general.  They were worried too many Democratic voters would stay home altogether and all the down ballot races for House and Senate would be impacted to the point that the GOP would sweep the WH and Congress.  Naming anyone younger and "not Biden" is just meant to give those folks a reason to show up at the polls and hopefully stave off a complete Republican takeover.

Also, I think because they see the chance of overtaking Trump as very slim, they'd rather Harris (who they don't really believe in) take this "L" rather than hanging it on anyone they see as a real breakout star for 2028.  That combined with the fact that bypassing Harris would piss off so much off their base, that's why she's going to be the nominee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Personally I don’t find Harris to be a great candidate and will be positioned as a California activist.  Plus she was initially tagged with dealing with the border… The maga attacks write themselves.

That being said, Trumps polling unfavorables are so ridiculously high, anything is possible. She will HAVE to rebrand herself as more moderate and minimize her gaffes.

56 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Personally I don’t find Harris to be a great candidate and will be positioned as a California activist.  Plus she was initially tagged with dealing with the border… The maga attacks write themselves.

That being said, Trumps polling unfavorables are so ridiculously high, anything is possible. She will HAVE to rebrand herself as more moderate and minimize her gaffes.

Agreed. The first will be why did she lie and help hide Biden's condition when asked repeatedly about it.  She carries all the baggage that Biden would have had, but you sprinkle in her CA stuff and I think based on how many people see CA she loses her appeal more to many.

26 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Agreed. The first will be why did she lie and help hide Biden's condition when asked repeatedly about it.  She carries all the baggage that Biden would have had, but you sprinkle in her CA stuff and I think based on how many people see CA she loses her appeal more to many.

Harris needs to be asked publically if she thinks Biden is capable to run for the presidency.

39 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Harris needs to be asked publically if she thinks Biden is capable to run for the presidency.

She would say "MMMMkay....(long pause)... The president, the president is our president....mmmmkay...(pause)......until he is not our president, you see, he will be a past president in the future when he is no longer a president." 

She just needs to add in a chuckle and shoulder shrug like W. 

Edited by wdefromtx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I'll be dang! A miracle has happened. I agree with you on something.   The Dems best chance to win with Harris is to staple her lips together so she can't make any more gaffes.   Well done.

4 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I'll be dang! A miracle has happened. I agree with you on something.   The Dems best chance to win with Harris is to staple her lips together so she can't make any more gaffes.   Well done.

Which ever candidate says less will probably win.

• Like 1

Ya'll are correct.   Seems like the Democratic Party leadership and donors are ready to write the 24 presidential race off as a loss.   They don't want to burn a chance for one of the favorites to run in 28 by running in 24 and losing.  That's why the democratic governors are lined up endorsing Harris.   They are willing to support and throw money at Harris in 24 because 24 is Harris' best chance as she won't be at the top of the Democratic field in 28 if she loses in 24.  Who knows she may pull out a win if Trump keeps talking trash which he inevitably will.  i remember awhile back when a hillbilly governor from Arkansas ran against an incumbent republican and beat him.   He wasn't supposed to win either.    

Edited by JMWATS

Good luck to y’all’s candidates. The country suffers none the less. 

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, if I doubted before, I don't any longer.  When this news upsets Nazis like this, It certainly gives me hope.

• Haha 2

I just watched her give her first campaign speech. No word salad. She killed it. She’s significantly quicker than Biden or Trump. She sounds like she’s 20 years younger than them.

Trump’s not getting on a stage with her, if he has a choice. And he runs the show, so I don’t think a debate is happening. 

I was just hoping to see an actual open convention just for the theatrics of it all instead of just endorsing the propaganda.  Didn't even give a chance for others to win over the delegates.  Then maybe it wouldn't have felt so coup-ish. She was likely still going to get the delegates. Didn't an open convention only happen once or something? 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

I was just hoping to see an actual open convention just for the theatrics of it all instead of just endorsing the propaganda.  Didn't even give a chance for others to win over the delegates.  Then maybe it wouldn't have felt so coup-ish. She was likely still going to get the delegates. Didn't an open convention only happen once or something? 

I think in 68 in Chicago, and they had riots outside because they chose Humphrey or something. It is in Chicago this year too. 

3 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I think in 68 in Chicago, and they had riots outside because they chose Humphrey or something. It is in Chicago this year too. 

Chicago is known for having good wrestling and fight crowds.  So not surprising lol.

But Kamala having enough delegates committed in 31 hrs is like spoiling the ending of a good book or movie.  I digress. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, creed said:

Currently, Harris' polling numbers are equal to or slightly worse than Biden's were.  Just saying...

Maybe that will change.  I don't know.