Donald Trump shows himself to be the classless human we know him to be.

Just remember wdeTex, these are the same people that watched news for 6 months saying that it was mostly peaceful protests.    Say it with me, let’s go Brandon 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m just teasing you man. I literally woke up today and decided I was going to be as brazen and obnoxious as Donald Trump is just to see how you guys would react. I learned that you guys really hate obnoxiousness unless it is targeted at libs.

Now you know how infuriating it it is to watch Trump do it.

LOL

Well, you get an Oscar for it, that is for sure. You acted like Trump and a handful of others on this site. LOL

Trust me, I know how obnoxious Trump can be. I just don't let it bother me for two reasons, he ain't my guy and I can't do anything about it except at the ballot box. "He is who we thought he is............and we let em off the hook." 

With that said I really hope you expect more from both sides of the media. I am actually f***ing frustrated with them all. 

BTW, I have called out folks on the right. Had to do it today with a friend and some stupid conspiracy about some FBI agent in the stands behind Trump. 

Just now, wdefromtx said:

LOL

Well, you get an Oscar for it, that is for sure. You acted like Trump and a handful of others on this site. LOL

Trust me, I know how obnoxious Trump can be. I just don't let it bother me for two reasons, he ain't my guy and I can't do anything about it except at the ballot box. "He is who we thought he is............and we let em off the hook." 

With that said I really hope you expect more from both sides of the media. I am actually f***ing frustrated with them all. 

BTW, I have called out folks on the right. Had to do it today with a friend and some stupid conspiracy about some FBI agent in the stands behind Trump. 

Ehh we defer on that part. I do understand that media coverage has been mostly resorted to opinion pieces. I whole heartedly agree with you on that. I think we defer on which one is has more aggressive and untrue rhetoric. I have a few anchors I like to listen to from time to time, but their opinions are meaningless without evidence.

26 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

wdefromtx has been typing for like 10 mins. He’s about to lay into me!

image.gif.3b7b21ae9f6757bf221732bf821acef3.gif

LOL, No, I have a million windows open on like 3 different screens and typing on one in word. 

And have ADD and its apparent my ADD meds don't work since I do a little in word, excel then cycle back here to type something and back. LMAO.

21 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ehh we defer on that part. I do understand that media coverage has been mostly resorted to opinion pieces. I whole heartedly agree with you on that. I think we defer on which one is has more aggressive and untrue rhetoric. I have a few anchors I like to listen to from time to time, but their opinions are meaningless without evidence.

I just think it is more important for both sides to straighten up and not worry about the "they are worse" game. 

If I can't trust someone to tell the truth with one thing, it puts all trust into question, be it voting machines or the constant gaslighting about Biden. I am done with it. 

15 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I just think it is more important for both sides to straighten up and not worry about the "they are worse" game. 

If I can't trust someone to tell the truth with one thing, it puts all trust into question, be it voting machines or the constant gaslighting about Biden. I am done with it. 

That’s why I don’t trust either one. At all 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Don't know why this way of thinking has become so unpopular. 

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Don't know why this way of thinking has become so unpopular. 

Because we are expected to pick one. Like they were football rivals. Unfortunately it’s our country we’re talking about. 

13 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Careful….this is the kind of nihilistic, vacuous thinking that lets people vote for Trump….

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

She is not angry much at all. She does have a few weird tendencies about her.  But she is a natural red head so if you told her she was weird & angry to her face I would feel sorry for you.

I don't believe in grouping people into scientifically proven anything.  God made us all wonderfully different in our own ways, otherwise if we were all the same the world would be a very boring place to live.

Interestingly enough, my pastor did a Wednesday Night Bible Study last week about how science has proven the Bible to be true throughout history.  I wish you could have been there.

Sounds like you're a little afraid of the wife.......

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2024 at 9:51 AM, AU9377 said:

It is simply too much to ask to expect Trump to act like a gentleman. 

I just love when left wingers clutch their pearls. For 8 solid years, left wing hate mongers have done nothing but try to demonize and dehumanize Trump. From the Russia collusion lie to the threat to democracy scam and everything in between. Your ilk supported all that demonization and it culminated in an assassin taking a shot at President Trump. After all that, now you want to feign to be offended because Trump uses a "mean" word ? Don't even go there.  

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

24 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I just love when left wingers clutch their pearls. For 8 solid years, left wing hate mongers have done nothing but try to demonize and dehumanize Trump. From the Russia collusion lie to the threat to democracy scam and everything in between. Your ilk supported all that demonization and it culminated in an assassin taking a shot at President Trump. After all that, now you want to feign to be offended because Trump uses a "mean" word ? Don't even go there.  

First of all, "left wingers," along with plenty of other people, have been complaining about Trump using "mean words" since he first came on a debate stage. Not like it's new - he's been a lout from the start. He's done more dehumanizing than any person I can remember, so when people return that dehumanization in kind I don't feel the least bit sorry for him.

Second, I would love you to tell me why a man who did just about everything he could to overturn a legitimate election should not be considered a "threat to democracy." What he did is by definition a threat to democracy, so how dumb does a person have to be to complain about others calling him that?

Trump's slogan this election is "Save America". Do you believe that elicits calm feelings of a bright future, or does it serve to rile followers up and demonize those who vote differently? Did you forget that was the slogan, or do you remember and you just haven't gotten around to calling that out yet?

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Funny, you liked the post on this very page that ended with a cute way of saying "**** the president." But sure, left wingers have been very mean to Trump for no reason! And it's our fault a random 20 year old with zero known political opinions shot at Trump. 

• Like 2

On 7/23/2024 at 4:49 PM, Leftfield said:

First of all, "left wingers," along with plenty of other people, have been complaining about Trump using "mean words" since he first came on a debate stage. Not like it's new - he's been a lout from the start. He's done more dehumanizing than any person I can remember, so when people return that dehumanization in kind I don't feel the least bit sorry for him.

Second, I would love you to tell me why a man who did just about everything he could to overturn a legitimate election should not be considered a "threat to democracy." What he did is by definition a threat to democracy, so how dumb does a person have to be to complain about others calling him that?

Trump's slogan this election is "Save America". Do you believe that elicits calm feelings of a bright future, or does it serve to rile followers up and demonize those who vote differently? Did you forget that was the slogan, or do you remember and you just haven't gotten around to calling that out yet?

You support and engage in this left wing hate mongering then don't want to accept  responsibility for the results. To the contrary, you want to blame the victim instead of taking responsibility. Maybe you think this is a game. Where did you think this kind of constant dehumanization for years would end up ? Exactly where it did. 

Biden, Pelosi and Schumer came up with the tactic of non-stop demonization of Trump. They knew better but went ahead with it anyway. Their Dem media allies amplified it and their base repeated it over and over like lemmings without thought. It resulted in an assassination attempt. Now you want to obfuscate all this, comparing a multi-year operation of that size and magnitude, to one man who might have used some mean words. In a word, that is pathetic.  

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2024 at 5:28 PM, cbo said:

Funny, you liked the post on this very page that ended with a cute way of saying "**** the president." But sure, left wingers have been very mean to Trump for no reason! And it's our fault a random 20 year old with zero known political opinions shot at Trump. 

Na, I liked the post because of the comparison he made about the group using the term "peaceful protests". I thought it was a good comparison, hence the like. He used no F word so to be honest, it didn't even enter my mind. I would say that 20 year old represents the culmination of an 8 year intentional demonization and dehumanization campaign.

32 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

You support and engage in this left wing hate mongering then don't want to accept  responsibility for the results. To the contrary, you want to blame the victim instead of taking responsibility. Maybe you think this is a game. Where did you think this kind of constant dehumanization for years would end up ? Exactly where it did. 

Biden, Pelosi and Schumer came up with the tactic of non-stop demonization of Trump. They knew better but went ahead with it anyway. Their Dem media allies amplified it and their base repeated it over and over like lemmings without thought. It resulted in an assassination attempt. Now you want to obfuscate all this, comparing a multi-year operation of that size and magnitude, to one man who might have used some mean words. In a word, that is pathetic.  

This looks like it was written by ChatGOP.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the person who took a shot at Trump was not someone who was trying to save the country. It was a mentally unwell guy, barely more than a kid, who wanted a high visibility target. Not much different than a school shooter. He had researched a number of locations as targets that included Democratic politicians, but this one was almost in his backyard and was convenient. 

Also, you keep saying Trump used some "mean words" like he's been hurling third grade insults. The guy drips hate and vitriol constantly and his supporters eat it up. You're so used to it you probably don't even realize it any more, unless you really are that big of a hypocrite. He constantly talks about his opponents as being the worst at anything they've ever done, and saying they'll destroy the country has been his go-to phrase the entire time. He frequently makes "jokes" about violence befalling others, but you don't seem to have a problem with that. I mean, my God, the man literally caused an attack on the Capitol building because of everything he was spewing, so spare me the indignation.

Support Trump if you must, but how anyone with a pulse can say with a straight face that anything Democratic politicians or the media have said about Trump is worse than what he's said is bonkers.

Do you think attempting to overturn an election is a threat to democracy? If not, why not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

Na, I liked the post because of the comparison he made about the group using the term "peaceful protests". I thought it was a good comparison, hence the like. He used no F word so to be honest, it didn't even enter my mind. I would say that 20 year old represents the culmination of an 8 year intentional demonization and dehumanization campaign.

There's absolutely no way any single person's behavior represents millions of Americans. I promise I would say the same if it was the other way around. 

No, he didn't use the F word, and honestly I don't care if he did. It's the hypocrisy for me. It speaks to a lack of integrity. You can't go along with that chant and then complain about how hard the libs are on poor Donald Trump. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the person who took a shot at Trump was not someone who was trying to save the country. It was a mentally unwell guy, barely more than a kid, who wanted a high visibility target. Not much different than a school shooter. He had researched a number of locations as targets that included Democratic politicians, but this one was almost in his backyard and was convenient. 

Also, you keep saying Trump used some "mean words" like he's been hurling third grade insults. The guy drips hate and vitriol constantly and his supporters eat it up. You're so used to it you probably don't even realize it any more, unless you really are that big of a hypocrite. He constantly talks about his opponents as being the worst at anything they've ever done, and saying they'll destroy the country has been his go-to phrase the entire time. He frequently makes "jokes" about violence befalling others, but you don't seem to have a problem with that. I mean, my God, the man literally caused an attack on the Capitol building because of everything he was spewing, so spare me the indignation.

Support Trump if you must, but how anyone with a pulse can say with a straight face that anything Democratic politicians or the media have said about Trump is worse than what he's said is bonkers.

Do you think attempting to overturn an election is a threat to democracy? If not, why not?

Everything you said here is completely accurate and on point. 

But ChatGOP? Brilliant. 

On 7/23/2024 at 4:49 PM, Leftfield said:

This bears repeating.  I don't understand it. 

"Democrats keep calling Trump a danger to democracy!!!"

Well, yeah.....it's been demonstrated.  :-\

It's as if they just awoke from a coma.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Leftfield said:

IronMan sounds just like one of those MAGA's Jordan Klepper interviews at Trump rallies. :ucrazy:

• Like 2

On 7/22/2024 at 5:47 PM, aubaseball said:

Just remember wdeTex, these are the same people that watched news for 6 months saying that it was mostly peaceful protests.    Say it with me, let’s go Brandon 

Actually, if you are talking about the George Floyd/BLM protests, they were mostly peaceful. So that's a factual statement.

Research it.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Actually, if you are talking about the George Floyd/BLM protests, they were mostly peaceful. So that's a factual statement.

Research it.

No matter how it’s spun to seem that way, once a fire starts, building looted, person attacked or someone killed, it’s no longer mostly peaceful.   

On 7/25/2024 at 5:42 PM, aubaseball said:

No matter how it’s spun to seem that way, once a fire starts, building looted, person attacked or someone killed, it’s no longer mostly peaceful.   

Sure, at a given demonstration.

But there were thousands of demonstrations that had zero violence.  To say most of these demonstrations were peaceful is correct. To simply characterize such demonstrations in general as violent is deceptive and untrue.

You are the one "spinning" the few that were violent.

"Polls in the summer of 2020 estimated that between 15 million and 26 million people had participated at some point in the demonstrations in the United States, making the protests the largest in U.S. history."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd_protests

Edited by homersapien

On 7/25/2024 at 1:25 AM, cbo said:

There's absolutely no way any single person's behavior represents millions of Americans. I promise I would say the same if it was the other way around. 

No, he didn't use the F word, and honestly I don't care if he did. It's the hypocrisy for me. It speaks to a lack of integrity. You can't go along with that chant and then complain about how hard the libs are on poor Donald Trump. 

History is replete with examples of 1 person's behavior being influenced by millions of people. In this case of the left wing hate machine the line has been crossed. Trump almost got killed and you want to mock him, a perfect example.  

As I said, the deep meaning of the phrase never entered my mind. If I remember correctly it is a phrase that Biden first said himself in a media interview with Jill.