Biden has dropped out of the 2024 race

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

Yes, between Harris being an ethnic minority and a woman she should be immune from all criticism, right?  To criticize her makes you racist, sexist, or both?   What if she’s just an idiot because that’s who she is?

You seriously don't see the irony of MAGAs attacking Harris on the basis of alleged promiscuity?  :rolleyes:   

Take a while and think about it.

And of course Trump and MAGA will attack both her race/ethnicity.  That's what they do.  With an Indian mother and a Jamaican father, is she a real American?

Edited by homersapien

5 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

For starters, go back to being energy independent and control the market more. Stop printing money like they are paper towels or toilet paper. IDK

Ughh. Jesus man. First of all, we are more energy independent today than we’ve ever been (see below). Secondly, we are producing more oil than we ever had (see below), thirdly printing money raises inflation. Corporate profits are outpacing inflation by record numbers. If they weren’t, people wouldn’t be hurting. 

IMG_1128.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1127.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

A sin is a sin. Lust is as big of a wrong as adultery Biblically speaking. Even Jimmy Carter admitted to “Lust in his heart”. They say that is why he smiled so often.

Nice weaseling evasion.

You said Trump and Harris were a "toss up" regarding fitness for the job. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Nice weaseling evasion.

You said Trump and Harris were a "toss up" regarding fitness for the job. 

Anyone who thinks SA’ing a minor is on par with stealing a grape from the grocery store isn’t worth taking seriously. Don’t waste your energy. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Didba said:

Y’all old dudes be wild. 

What is considered old? I am 44 and got called old on here yesterday.......

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Anyone who thinks SA’ing a minor is on par with stealing a grape from the grocery store isn’t worth taking seriously. Don’t waste your energy. 

Well, me and Salty have always been honest with each other.  I'm a little worried about him.

Just now, wdefromtx said:

image.gif.0d6123c4972aee4ee2164f2b605f17fe.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

You aren't even near "old".  ;)

Edited by homersapien

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

I only called you old because I thought you were the dipsh*t who watches 3 hours of Fox News a night! Tell the whole story tx!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ughh. Jesus man. First of all, we are more energy independent today than we’ve ever been (see below). Secondly, we are producing more oil than we ever had (see below), thirdly printing money raises inflation. Corporate profits are outpacing inflation by record numbers. If they weren’t, people wouldn’t be hurting. 

IMG_1128.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1127.jpeg

I stand corrected. Here's Forbes article that shows the Obama Administration beginning the process. I should have known, given how much he allowed BP to run the oil spill recovery (Corexit application) after Deepwater Horizon. 

From Ban To Boom: U.S. Set New Oil Export Record In 2023 (forbes.com) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I only called you old because I thought you were the dipsh*t who watches 3 hours of Fox News a night! Tell the whole story tx!!!

Hey, I am just reporting like the media does.........

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Sorry and my bad for straying. We are talking civil wrongs here and was speaking Biblically. I apologize to @homersapien also. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You aren't even near "old".  ;)

Thanks, but I sure do feel old sometimes after my widow maker 4 years ago. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

For me it is the huge shift since the pandemic. With everything. Corporations and really a lot of companies used "supply chain" issues to jack the price up and they never came down. In fact continue to rise. 

A 500K house in 2019 in the area I am in is worth (I say worth loosely) about 800K. Vehicle prices.....don't even start me with those. Granted most people live on the edge.....but this inflation has outpaced wages so much people all of a sudden are pinched. 

The current trim level of my truck is going for about 80K now and when I bought mine 8 years ago was 48K. And in some cases you can tell the skimped on the quality. 

Every time I go to the store it seems like I spend more and more and get less. 

But to hear people blame Biden for inflation, you'd think they believe he caused the pandemic.

Changes in economic policies have lag time of 2-3 years.   Everyone was expecting a large recession to correct for the pandemic inflation.  We seem to be avoiding that. 

I don't know for sure, but it's hard not to credit either Biden and/or the Fed for that.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

How tf else are you supposed to decrease the price of goods? Ask nicely? 

Too much going on to start an Adam smith vs Karl Marx  debate.

I respectfully disagree.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Hey, I am just reporting like the media does.........

"The media" is waaaaay too broad of a term to characterize the media nowadays. ;D

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

But to hear people blame Biden for inflation, you'd think they believe he caused the pandemic.

Changes in economic policies have lag time of 2-3 years.   Everyone was expecting a large recession in order to correct for the pandemic inflation.  We seem to be avoiding that. 

I don't know for sure, but it's hard not to credit either Biden and/or the Fed for that.

Changes in economic policies have lag time of 2-3 years.

If things are getting better......lol

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Too much going on to start an Adam smith vs Karl Marx  debate.

I respectfully disagree.

Now now, don't go all Manichean on me. ;D

14 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

We are talking civil wrongs here and was speaking Biblically.

This is probably a more common issue in this country than most people realize. And it puts us here.

Also, it’s a whole other problem that the Bible thinks SA’ing a minor is on par with stealing a bit of frankincense. But you know. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1

51 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

For me it is the huge shift since the pandemic. With everything. Corporations and really a lot of companies used "supply chain" issues to jack the price up and they never came down. In fact continue to rise. 

A 500K house in 2019 in the area I am in is worth (I say worth loosely) about 800K. Vehicle prices.....don't even start me with those. Granted most people live on the edge.....but this inflation has outpaced wages so much people all of a sudden are pinched. 

The current trim level of my truck is going for about 80K now and when I bought mine 8 years ago was 48K. And in some cases you can tell the skimped on the quality. 

Every time I go to the store it seems like I spend more and more and get less. 

I agree.  There is a fundamental problem when the housing market sees that kind of appreciation, but you are absolutely correct in that being the case.  It all points to a massive correction taking place in the future.  I can't get my head around people actually being capable of paying the mortgage on a million dollar home.  By people I mean regular people with good paying jobs.  That cannot sustain itself.

Just now, AU9377 said:

I agree.  There is a fundamental problem when the housing market sees that kind of appreciation, but you are absolutely correct in that being the case.  It all points to a massive correction taking place in the future.  I can't get my head around people actually being capable of paying the mortgage on a million dollar home.  By people I mean regular people with good paying jobs.  That cannot sustain itself.

When I'm fishing tournaments on lakes like Martin, Smith or Lanier, I think the same kind of thoughts. How in the hell????? 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, cbo said:

Yeah but we don't like the way Kamala laughs. 

Well, to be honest, her voice is perhaps my biggest negative. :rolleyes:  l would have preferred Amy Klobuchar or Gretchen Whitmer as our first female POTUS.

But I have to admit, watching Trump lose not only to a woman - but a woman who is half black and half Indian - is going to be fantastic!  He'll probably melt like the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

When I'm fishing tournaments on lakes like Martin, Smith or Lanier, I think the same kind of thoughts. How in the hell????? 

It takes multi-millionaires to tote that kind of note these days.

I've been floored by the number of people that are paying cash for these over-priced homes over the last 2 yrs.  I've been witness to a few bidding wars in the last month still going on for homes in Vestavia/Mountain Brook/Homewood in the last few months.  It's like some folks are unphased. lol

5 hours ago, JerryAU said:

It takes multi-millionaires to tote that kind of note these days.

I've been floored by the number of people that are paying cash for these over-priced homes over the last 2 yrs.  I've been witness to a few bidding wars in the last month still going on for homes in Vestavia/Mountain Brook/Homewood in the last few months.  It's like some folks are unphased. lol

It always boils down to location, location, location.

Frankly, I am counting on it - I've got a relatively modest house located on a "scenic highway" with a killer mountain view.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2