Biden has dropped out of the 2024 race

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s both and each person will have to make their own who is worse choice.  Whats interesting about this election is that it focuses almost purely along cultural issues. Little talk about the deficit, economic or tax policy,  states rights,  ect.  Mostly DEI, the border,  abortion, ect.  There will be more  arguments  about transgenders than foreign policy. Odd times.

Meh. I listen almost exclusively to Newsnation these days. Fairest most neutral network available to independent thinkers. You should try it.

Not a day goes by that the economy/inflation isn't discussed by guests from both parties. One party focuses on the 60% plus of Americans who don't have $500 in the the bank for emergencies, gas prices, and grocery prices, and the other how great it is. 

Not a day goes by where the border isn't discussed, primarily from the right. It's a winning issue for them.

Not a day goes by when abortion/women's rights aren't discussed, primarily from the left. It's a winning issue for them.

Only in the last couple of days has DEI been a focus, primarily from the right. It's a losing issue for them and they need to shut up.

I cannot recall the last time I heard a conversation on transgenderism. 

On 7/22/2024 at 1:16 PM, AUDub said:

Weird angle of attack. She’d be a couple firsts. First woman president, first Asian-American president. However she’d be the second black president. 

Jamaicans and Indians are not considered black. Just ask them......

• Facepalm 1

On 7/21/2024 at 9:12 PM, homersapien said:

I was making a natural assumption (since the rest of the world did). 

So to confirm, do you characterize Obama as black?

Maybe he is Polynesian since he was born in Hawaii. I don't think King Kamehameha would claim him though.................. 

7 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Jamaicans and Indians are not considered black. Just ask them......

I too like to assert things with no basis in reality. (≈90% of them identify as black)

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I too like to assert things with no basis in reality. (≈90% of them identify as black)

So 90% of people from India consider themselves black? I doubt it. Earle from tidefans has influenced you greatly!

10 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Agreed, this thread solidified some things. We are bickering about the wrong things. I had been in the camp that I should just vote for 3rd party or whatever. Which I did twice before, I actually wrote in Kasich. 

It should not be a which is less bad and instead which one's who's policies are more aligned with one's views. Everyone is attacking the other side because they do not like the character of the sides person and not what is most important. 

It is easier to get people swayed one way or another when you divert focus. 

I did the write in thing the last two elections also. I originally wanted Kasich also. I won't be voting Dem or Rep this time either.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

So 90% of people from India consider themselves black? I doubt it. Earle from tidefans has influenced you greatly!

Well Jamaicans.

i get that it’s confusing, but Kamala is mixed race. That shouldn’t be confusing for folks in 2024, but apparently it is. 

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Well Jamaicans.

i get that it’s confusing, but Kamala is mixed race. That shouldn’t be confusing for folks in 2024, but apparently it is. 

She is not black and she accepted the fact she was the first Indian senator. Just saying...  On a side note Biden had a speech tonight from what I understand. the sign language person earned their money tonight trying to come up with new signals.....................lol

6 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

She is not black and she accepted the fact she was the first Indian senator. Just saying...  On a side note Biden had a speech tonight from what I understand. the sign language person earned their money tonight trying to come up with new signals.....................lol

What, in your opinion makes her not black

1 minute ago, E'Town4Bama said:

As much as I wish we could avoid this, I felt certain it would come up.

If you are blissfully ignorant of this as I was in ~2008….there are a lot of racist views against what are viewed by white people as black people in the black community over Caribbean/West Indian/Asian Indian ethnicity. To my great surprise Colin Powell of all people spoke of how this affected him in his autobiography..,his wife was from Birmingham black society and her dad started out hating her marriage to him over it. I don’t get it, guess people of all types have tendencies to discriminate 

Jamaicans are primarily of African descent.  Done.  But this will be a spectator sport watching this board trying to Deep South classify people of Indian heritage. 

21 minutes ago, alanevans said:

As much as I wish we could avoid this, I felt certain it would come up.

If you are blissfully ignorant of this as I was in ~2008….there are a lot of racist views against what are viewed by white people as black people in the black community over Caribbean/West Indian/Asian Indian ethnicity. To my great surprise Colin Powell of all people spoke of how this affected him in his autobiography..,his wife was from Birmingham black society and her dad started out hating her marriage to him over it. I don’t get it, guess people of all types have tendencies to discriminate 

My father in law who used to work for the AF and is an artist was commissioned by Powell for a sketch portrait of himself that he ended up using in one of his books. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Jamaicans are primarily of African descent.  Done.  But this will be a spectator sport watching this board trying to Deep South classify people of Indian heritage. 

“So yer an Injun. The feather in hair type or the cow worshippin’ type?”

On 7/23/2024 at 9:16 PM, wdefromtx said:

Yeah, cause me calling it rape as opposed to SA makes any d**m difference....

Exactly my point. 

16 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Just because a right wing think tank comes up with 2025 doesn’t mean it’s going to be automatically adopted. The left wing think tanks come up with stuff as well. 

For example?  Show something equivalent to restructuring the executive branch of our government.

2025 was developed as a policy game plan for a Trump victory.  Yes, Trump is not obligated to follow it, but history shows us he followed the direction of the Heritage Foundation and the Federalist Society to a letter in appointing SCOTUS judges, and most every single recommendation in 2025 will wind up before them.

And it's obvious Trump would replace as many civil-service jobs as he can with loyalists. Push back he received from his first administration appointees was a major irritant for him.  And that was their job.

To simply dismiss these policy proposals because Trump is not legally obligated - or worse, claims he knows nothing about them - is the height of naivety. 

It's a recipe for allowing our system to be hi-jacked by an authoritarian model.  It will likely lead to public strife.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

“So yer an Injun. The feather in hair type or the cow worshippin’ type?”

I heard it as "feather or towel"? 

(Got a great story from a Indian associate of mine who was sitting at a bar and a drunk looked at him and said "what are you anyway".  My friend said I'm Indian.  The drunk got all emotional and started talking about "how it was awful what our government had done to you people...."

(My associate just played along.)

19 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

This....and all the headlines say it's Trumps. But we are supposed to trust them right?!? 

No you are supposed to research the document's origins and consider the role those people played in Trump's presidency.

IMO, Trump denying knowledge of it is calculated to delay the blow back until after the election.  He followed the direction of these people before, there's no reason to think he won't in the future.

Has he said anything substantive about it other than claiming ignorance?

Edited by homersapien

And Kamala is NOT and NEVER has been the border czar.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

I thought Trump fired all his close associates or they quit. I’m sure they are trying to snake their way back in. But when it comes to policy, he seemed to not give two s**ts last time and did what he said he was going to do. 

Now all of a sudden he will start listening to people he fired because he didn’t like what they said? 

The authors of 2025 aren't the ones he fired. He fired the ones who wouldn't agree to his authoritarian ideas. 

The associates who wrote this, plan to use Trump to achieve their extreme right, authoritarian policies.  Just as the SCOTUS is doing.

Edited by homersapien

15 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Lies tend to be common place in American politics. Biden/Harris have made a few. 

Which means it's up to you to discern them.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Should any of us believe a damn thing either side says? Both sides are a bunch of power-obsessed old quacks who don't know when to go.  

"Trust but verify."

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Which means it's up to you to discern them.

Yes it is. At least it’s a responsibility of an informed citizen. I certainly have been wrong, but some lies are more obvious than others. 

• Like 1