Biden has dropped out of the 2024 race

9 hours ago, arein0 said:

BTW, I would have voted democrat this time if RFKJr was on the ticket. Now he just gets to siphon my vote away from either side

Me too. 

(Caveat. I quoted too quickly. This was from WDE not arein0)

Edited by johnnyAU

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Obama is living his best life. If you read Michelle’s autobiography, the presidency took a major toll on their relationship. Highly doubt he is running anything behind the scenes. This does not mean he is not influential. More realistically , the advisors and Jill were running things before Obama. That is just low hanging fruit. 

Yea these mf’s just create their own realities. It’s insane. Their whole view of how the world works is narrated to them by people like Alex Jones and Laura Ingrim. Two people who’s entire living is to drum up interest so people keep tuning in. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I've never been a Trump fan, but he's better for the country than this administration has been or would be with Kamala at the helm. Most all of the Dems have been trying to make it a morality issue, but it is politics. 

It’s both and each person will have to make their own who is worse choice.  Whats interesting about this election is that it focuses almost purely along cultural issues. Little talk about the deficit, economic or tax policy,  states rights,  ect.  Mostly DEI, the border,  abortion, ect.  There will be more  arguments  about transgenders than foreign policy. Odd times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Obama is living his best life. If you read Michelle’s autobiography, the presidency took a major toll on their relationship. Highly doubt he is running anything behind the scenes. This does not mean he is not influential. More realistically , the advisors and Jill were running things before Obama. That is just low hanging fruit. 

He should be living his best life. He spent 8 years doing the most stressful job on this planet. Look at both him and W. They went in young and vibrant and came out like they had been doing a "rock em, sock em" the entire time. 

If Michelle and W can be friends, we should all be able to. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

I've never been a Trump fan, but he's better for the country than this administration has been or would be with Kamala at the helm. Most all of the Dems have been trying to make it a morality issue, but it is politics. 

Everyone on this board are Auburn fans.  Have we not all been conditioned to completely ignore issues of a person's character & morality and told to focus instead on the person that can get the damn job done? 

Kamala's moto "What can be, unburdened by what has been."   Look to the future, don't weigh yourself down with the past. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

He should be living his best life. He spent 8 years doing the most stressful job on this planet. Look at both him and W. They went in young and vibrant and came out like they had been doing a "rock em, sock em" the entire time. 

If Michelle and W can be friends, we should all be able to. 

W is a very likeable individual in my opinion. He gets a very bad rep for some quirkiness and Monday morning QB feedback from decisions he has made, but he always seemed genuine and respectable. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

W is a very likeable individual in my opinion. He gets a very bad rep for some corkiness and Monday morning QB feedback from decisions he has made, but he always seemed genuine and respectable. 

Agreed, I truly think he regrets some of his decisions.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DAG said:

W is a very likeable individual in my opinion. He gets a very bad rep for some quirkiness and Monday morning QB feedback from decisions he has made, but he always seemed genuine and respectable. 

I watched a video of him speaking from 20 years ago the other day. I remember being a high school student and thinking he seemed like a dumb dumb, Obama coming along after him reaffirmed that to me. But man how things change. Watching  Bush compared to Trump makes me long for the Bush days. Minus the whole lying to get us in a war thing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I watched a video of him speaking from 20 years ago the other day. I remember being a high school student and thinking he seemed like a dumb dumb, Obama coming along after him reaffirmed that to me. But man how things change. Watching  Bush compared to Trump makes me long for the Bush days. Minus the whole lying to get us in a war thing.

Yep he had some weird quirks about him that is for sure lol. But he is also such a likeable dude. Especially considering who his father is haha. 

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s both and each person will have to make their own who is worse choice.  Whats interesting about this election is that it focuses almost purely along cultural issues. Little talk about the deficit, economic or tax policy,  states rights,  ect.  Mostly DEI, the border,  abortion, ect.  There will be more  arguments  about transgenders than foreign policy. Odd times.

Agreed, this thread solidified some things. We are bickering about the wrong things. I had been in the camp that I should just vote for 3rd party or whatever. Which I did twice before, I actually wrote in Kasich. 

It should not be a which is less bad and instead which one's who's policies are more aligned with one's views. Everyone is attacking the other side because they do not like the character of the sides person and not what is most important. 

It is easier to get people swayed one way or another when you divert focus. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep he had some weird quirks about him that is for sure lol. But he is also such a likeable dude. Especially considering who his father is haha. 

George Bush Shoe GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 2

te

5 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Not true.

Trump's attempt to retain power Jan. 6 was about politics (authoritarianism).

Trump's transformation of long standing Republican values concerning authoritarians - particularly Putin's Russia - is politics/policy.

Project 2025 is politics/policy. The politicization of the civil service system is politics/policy.

IMO, that's what mainly concerns Democrats -  a concern for our democratic tradition and future.

Trumps amorality and narcissism is merely background information that perhaps explains him, but if he had reasonable, sensible policies it would be ignored just like Clinton's flaws were ignored as irrelevant.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, homersapien said:

te

Not true.

Trump's attempt to retain power Jan. 6 was about politics (authoritarianism).

Trump's transformation of long standing Republican values concerning authoritarians - particularly Putin's Russia is politics/policy.

Project 2025 is politics/policy. The politicization of the civil service system is politics/policy.

IMO, that's what mainly concerns Democrats -  a concern for our democratic tradition and future.

Trumps amorality and narcissism is merely background information that perhaps explains him, but if he had reasonable, sensible policies it would be ignored just like Clinton's flaws were ignored as irrelevant.

Trump is a bad apple, but the 2025 thing is just left wing hyperbole. Trump has emphasized emphatically that he doesn’t support it. 

• Like 2

Just now, autigeremt said:

Trump is a bad apple, but the 2025 thing is just left wing hyperbole. Trump has emphasized emphatically that he doesn’t support it. 

This....and all the headlines say it's Trumps. But we are supposed to trust them right?!? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

And you believe that?

The Federalist Society and The Heritage Foundation are Trump's puppet masters. It was written by former officials in he administration.

Trump disavowing it has about the same weight as his supreme court nominees declaring their allegiance to stare decisis regarding Roe.  (It's a lie.)

"I know nothing about Project 2025," he posted on his social media website, Truth Social. "I have no idea who is behind it."  Yeah, right. :-\

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c977njnvq2do

Project 2025: A wish list for a Trump presidency, explained

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

And you believe that?

The Federalist Society and The Heritage Foundation are Trump's puppet masters. It was written by former officials in he administration.

Trump disavowing it has about the same weight as his supreme court nominees declaring their allegiance to stare decisis regarding Roe.  (It's a lie.)

"I know nothing about Project 2025," he posted on his social media website, Truth Social. "I have no idea who is behind it."  Yeah, right. :-\

Exactly, his former Chief of Staff is involved in Project 2025, well as close adviser Stephen Miller (most evil man in America?). 

Then when Trump says "I have no idea who is behind it," some people actually believe it.

Hot tip: Trump lies sometimes. Pay attention to the facts, not what comes out of his mouth. 

• Thanks 1

I thought Trump fired all his close associates or they quit. I’m sure they are trying to snake their way back in. But when it comes to policy, he seemed to not give two s**ts last time and did what he said he was going to do. 

Now all of a sudden he will start listening to people he fired because he didn’t like what they said? 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

And you believe that?

Just because a right wing think tank comes up with 2025 doesn’t mean it’s going to be automatically adopted. The left wing think tanks come up with stuff as well. 

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Exactly, his former Chief of Staff is involved in Project 2025, well as close adviser Stephen Miller (most evil man in America?). 

Then when Trump says "I have no idea who is behind it," some people actually believe it.

Hot tip: Trump lies sometimes. Pay attention to the facts, not what comes out of his mouth. 

Lies tend to be common place in American politics. Biden/Harris have made a few. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

And you believe that?

Should any of us believe a damn thing either side says? Both sides are a bunch of power-obsessed old quacks who don't know when to go.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Lies tend to be common place in American politics. Biden/Harris have made a few. 

Absolutely. You won't hear me say I know something is true because Biden or Harris said so. 

44 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Both sides are a bunch of power-obsessed old quacks who don't know when to go.  

Maybe this statement was true when Biden was running, but Kamala is 19 years younger than Trump.

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

The bolded part is red meat for the howler monkey extremes of both parties. The more substantive issues, some of which you listed, are incredibly important, but those are boring and people either don't understand what a mess we're in debt-wise or just don't give a damn. Foggy Bottom has been using money they have (had) and money they don't have to buy votes for much too long, and we're all eventually going to pay the piper...it's just a matter of how much.