Biden has dropped out of the 2024 race

Just now, johnnyAU said:

Get over yourself. You make light of a horrendous situation in our country's history in the same breath you chastise the current just due to your politics. Bill got off Scott free even after lying to the nation on TV. 

Now I’m just a small town bird lawyer, but I’m beginning to think Ken Starr posts on this forum and I’ve found him. 

• Haha 1

Just now, AUDub said:

Now I’m just a small town bird lawyer, but I’m beginning to think Ken Starr posts on this forum and I’ve found him. 

Or you realize that if Clinton could run versus Trump now, you'd vote for him again, even after all the hemming and hawing about ethics. Such hypocrisy.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Get over yourself. You make light of a horrendous situation in our country's history in the same breath you chastise the current just due to your politics. Bill got off Scott free even after lying to the nation on TV. 

Why is that do you suppose?

(And actually, he was impeached.)

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

Or you realize that if Clinton could run versus Trump now, you'd vote for him again, even after all the hemming and hawing about ethics. Such hypocrisy.

I never voted for Clinton. My first vote was for Bush in 04.

Man, if it was raining soup you’d be standing outside with a fork. 

Just now, AUDub said:

I never voted for Clinton. My first vote was for Bush in 04.

Man, if it was raining soup you’d be standing outside with a fork. 

I don't care who you voted for in '04, you'd vote for him now. He was a sleezebag then, as he is now. Nothing has changed.

Just now, johnnyAU said:

I don't care who you voted for in '04, you'd vote for him now. He was a sleezebag then, as he is now. Nothing has changed.

Everyone give the special counsel a hand 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

Yeah, cause me calling it rape as opposed to SA makes any d**m  difference.

Well, that's the basis of your argument in defending trump. :-\

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Well I guess you can remove that “again” qualifier at least. 

Just now, homersapien said:

Well, that's the basis of your argument defending trump. :-\

Not defending him just point out hypocrisy. 

It's like shooting fish in a barrel around here. 

Sometimes paying people off works, you know. 

Just now, wdefromtx said:

Who?  What?

Be specific.

6 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

OK fine.  He was a sleezebag - and a good president.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dang @DAG, you’re out here converting and campaigning. They gotta get you out of the office and on the trail.

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91fl07qvuvca31nkij1x

9 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

BS. 

You were attenuating Trump's behavior based on a subtle legal standard rape v. sexual assault.

And no one has argued Clinton's behavior was appropriate.  But we are talking about the behavior of a potential future president. 

Focus on the future.  The past is the past.

Edited by homersapien

Just now, homersapien said:

Who?  What?

Be specific.

Your boy Clinto for Jones to go away. $850K is a lot to pay for something that was never done. 

Plus throw in all the other accusations.......where there is a lot of smoke there usually is fire.....

One paid someone off while in office and it was ok. Another gets convicted in civil court 23 years later when a memoir comes out. Add all the other smoke that both of them have and they are both disgusting perverts. Of course, you will pull the "it's different card." 

• Like 2

I don’t think anyone here is going to defend ol’ Billy Clinton. 

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

BS. 

You were attenuating Trump's behavior based on a subtle legal standard.

And no one has argued Clinton's behavior was appropriate.  But we are talking about the behavior of a potential future president. 

Also BS. Clinton had allegations of SA or indecency prior to his stint in the WH. You still voted for him. Then he continued that behavior in the WH. You'd still vote for him again.

• Like 1

Just now, johnnyAU said:

Also BS. Clinton had allegations of SA or indecency prior to his stint in the WH. You still voted for him. Then he continued that behavior in the WH. You'd still vote for him again.

Alright I’m convinced I’m voting for Perot. Happy? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

BS. 

You were attenuating Trump's behavior based on a subtle legal standard rape v. sexual assault.

You asked me what I would call it. 

Got it. Clinton was a rapist and democrats didn't care back then. Dem's should not have a problem with Trump getting support. 

One was ok, but now it's not because he's on another team. Got it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Alright I’m convinced I’m voting for Perot. Happy? 

You should write him in

34 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Because Slick Willie just got a Beej....and didn't abuse his position of power to force her into that position? What a load of BS.

Huh, I don't think he forced her.  Took advantage of his position, yes. 

"Forced" - as in sexual assault or rape - no.

That's the primary reason he survived in politically.  That's the way the legal system, congress and the American people saw it.

Just now, wdefromtx said:

You asked me what I would call it. 

Got it. Clinton was a rapist and democrats didn't care back then. Dem's should not have a problem with Trump getting support. 

One was ok, but now it's not because he's on another team. Got it. 

Billy wasn’t accused of rape back then, and the philandering and general sleazebaggery weren’t widely known until his second term.

Just now, AUDub said:

Billy wasn’t accused of rape back then, and the philandering and general sleazebaggery weren’t widely known until his second term.

The accusations of SA were pretty well known by 1994. I am just lumping all SA into the rape category for Homer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

That's the primary reason he survived in politically.  That's the way the legal system, congress and the American people saw it.

Now as I got older I did take a far different tack regarding Monica. The power differential was too much, imo. Imagine you’re a young intern and the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, the most powerful man in the world, solicits you for sex. How can you say no?

The difference in station renders the idea of informed consent moot.

IOW Clinton is definitely a piece of s*** of the highest order and quite possibly *could* be considered a rapist on that accusation alone.

Then there’s the others.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

He was accused of SA long before that while he was still in Arkansas. He just later took advantage of a more advantageous situation.

• Like 1

Just now, johnnyAU said:

He was accused of SA long before that while he was still in Arkansas. He just later took advantage of a more advantageous situation.

Also remember the legal pull he had to make things disappear. 

• Like 1