Biden has dropped out of the 2024 race

6 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

It takes multi-millionaires to tote that kind of note these days.

I've been floored by the number of people that are paying cash for these over-priced homes over the last 2 yrs.  I've been witness to a few bidding wars in the last month still going on for homes in Vestavia/Mountain Brook/Homewood in the last few months.  It's like some folks are unphased. lol

I had a builder on Lake Martin tell me that a guy just bought a $600,000 house (Lakefront) in June and has already had it demolished so he can build a 2 million in it's place. The house he demolished was only 5 years old. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It always boils down to location, location, location.

Frankly, I am counting on it - I've got a relatively modest house located on  "scenic highway" with a killer mountain view.

Nice

Just now, autigeremt said:

I had a builder on Lake Martin tell me that a guy just bought a $600,000 house (Lakefront) in June and has already had it demolished so he can build a 2 million in it's place. The house he demolished was only 5 years old. 

I am halfway expecting that to happen to my house down the road.  I consider it sinful.

Just now, homersapien said:

I am halfway expecting that to happen to my house down the road.  I consider it sinful.

We can totally agree on that! Not to be nosey, but are you looking at Greenville/Greer side of the blue ridge?

Just now, autigeremt said:

We can totally agree on that! Not to be nosey, but are you looking at Greenville/Greer side of the blue ridge?

Yes.  Glassy, Hogback and Callahan mountains to be exact, on Hwy 11.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

How tf else are you supposed to decrease the price of goods? Ask nicely? 

Lower demand or increase competition (increasing supply). The bottom line is that everytime you buy something at a higher price, you are validating that price point. 

A perfect example of lowering the demand for homes is the high interest rates. The problem is most people aren't financially literate and / or are impatient and opt to buy in at the inflated price.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Yes.  Glassy, Hogback and Callahan mountains to be exact, on Hwy 11.

Very familiar. I grew up running around the Pickens/Oconee side of Hwy 11. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arein0 said:

Lower demand or increase competition (increasing supply). The bottom line is that everytime you buy something at a higher price, you are validating that price point. 

A perfect example of lowering the demand for homes is the high interest rates. The problem is most people aren't financially literate and / or are impatient and opt to buy in at the inflated price.

Typical transactions for >$1MM homes are for cash. 

I think it's from people moving from even higher priced locations.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Typical transactions for >$1MM homes are for cash. 

I think it's from people moving from even higher priced locations.

Goes back to the migration mentioned earlier. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Very familiar. I grew up running around the Pickens/Oconee side of Hwy 11. 

I am directly north of Tigerville.  Been here over 40 years.

(I bought it when land was still cheap on Hwy 11.)

I have a conservation agreement on my property. It can't be sub-divided, but another house can be built close to my existing home.

It's become too hard for me to keep up at my age, so I plan to move to Alabama to be closer to family.  Hate to leave though.

Edited by homersapien

15 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I agree.  There is a fundamental problem when the housing market sees that kind of appreciation, but you are absolutely correct in that being the case.  It all points to a massive correction taking place in the future.  I can't get my head around people actually being capable of paying the mortgage on a million dollar home.  By people I mean regular people with good paying jobs.  That cannot sustain itself.

Yeah, I have been expecting a massive correction for a while now. But it keeps stretching. When it snaps.........hang on!

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I am directly north of Tigerville.  Been here over 40 years.

(Bought it when land was still cheap on Hwy 11).

I have a conservation agreement on my property. It can't be sub-divided, but another house can be built close to my existing home.

It's become too hard for me to keep up at my age, so I plan to move to Alabama to be closer to family.  Hate to leave though.

I hate you have to leave it. It's beautiful up there. Going home this weekend and while I'm there, I'll have to go by Table Rock. Maybe eat at Aunt Sues. 

Edited by autigeremt
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, homersapien said:

But to hear people blame Biden for inflation, you'd think they believe he caused the pandemic.

Changes in economic policies have lag time of 2-3 years.   Everyone was expecting a large recession to correct for the pandemic inflation.  We seem to be avoiding that. 

I don't know for sure, but it's hard not to credit either Biden and/or the Fed for that.

I don't blame Biden for the inflation, but don't give him credit for avoiding a pandemic recession......that inflation is never really stopped, it may have slowed. 

I think the recession has been kicked down the road as people just absorbed more and more hit to their wallets. Like you said Biden's policies are really too young to see the result. Maybe a short term flash when he announced. 

I think that at some point soon we will see a major correction/recession like 2008. But probably get worse the longer this scenario stretches out. 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is probably a more common issue in this country than most people realize. And it puts us here.

Also, it’s a whole other problem that the Bible thinks SA’ing a minor is on par with stealing a bit of frankincense. But you know. 

I know you are babbling and have no clue about what you are saying.

19 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I don't blame Biden for the inflation, but don't give him credit for avoiding a pandemic recession......that inflation is never really stopped, it may have slowed. 

I think the recession has been kicked down the road as people just absorbed more and more hit to their wallets. Like you said Biden's policies are really too young to see the result. Maybe a short term flash when he announced. 

I think that at some point soon we will see a major correction/recession like 2008. But probably get worse the longer this scenario stretches out. 

Well, you may be right.

I think it's very interesting that people tend to be a lot more positive regarding their local and personal economic situation than their perception of the national economic situation as reflected in a lot of polls.

And today's inflation rate is what - 3 %, which is only 1 % higher than the Fed's "goal"?

Maybe this what dealing with inflation condition while avoiding a correcting recession looks like??

I just think political harping on "Biden's inflation" is disingenuous at best and just flat out ignorant at worse. 

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I know you are babbling and have no clue about what you are saying.

That was a pretty simple statement. I don’t think you know what babbling means. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Well, to be honest, her voice is perhaps my biggest negative. :rolleyes:  l would have preferred Amy Klobuchar or Gretchen Whitmer as our first female POTUS.

But I have to admit, watching Trump lose not only to a woman - but a woman who is half black and half Indian - is going to be fantastic!  He'll probably melt like the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz.

That would be pretty sweet!

And if we want to talk about candidates' laughs, why does Trump never laugh? I don't think I've ever seen it. That's just strange. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz

I'm afraid he beat her in 2016

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ha! Ok you guys keep thinking that. I would like to see both of them up in front of the American people every single day. Displaying the insane contrast between their speaking style, overall tone, and the feeling they instill in the American public. 

I’m not a praying man, but I’m making an exception. I pray to everyone’s god that Donald Trump agrees to debate her.

Looks like you will get your wish.

Trump says he 'would be willing to do more than one debate' with Vice President Harris | Fox News

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

May be an image of 3 people and text

How Trump started his career

IMG_1130.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

How Trump started his career

IMG_1130.jpeg

Along with this guy....All 3 probably hung out when he was a democrat.

Image result for clinton and epstein

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

They were all tight with ole Harv too.

harvey-weinstein-obama-1-2000-6edd12edb84b4f08b4813ae668354ba6.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Bringing out Presidents who were inaugurated 32 years ago. Nice. I guess now that Trump has found Jesus and become a Republican, him sexually abusing children is a non issue for 50% of the country.

Also Bill Clinton is a piece of crap if he participated in Epstein Rape parties and I vow to never vote for him and to always vote against him if he ever runs for president again. can you guys do the same😁

Edited by AuCivilEng1

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

They were all tight with ole Harv too.

harvey-weinstein-obama-1-2000-6edd12edb84b4f08b4813ae668354ba6.jpg

Meh the difference is Harvey wasn’t having rape getaways and inviting Obama. It’s not like Obama was participating in abusing actresses who wanted roles.