Biden has dropped out of the 2024 race

23 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Yes, between Harris being an ethnic minority and a woman she should be immune from all criticism, right?  To criticize her makes you racist, sexist, or both?   What if she’s just an idiot because that’s who she is?  

Did you happen to read what Argo posted that homer was responding to?

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Toss up. I really don’t know much about her. Seems to have been irrelevant as border czar. Hard to get past the laugh. Princess of virtue signaling during the days of mask. All masked up while charging a car and no other person in sight. My bet is she doesn’t even own an electric vehicle. 

Trump is a sexual abuser, convicted felon, refused to concede an election, embraces authoritarianism and you think fitness for the job is a "toss -up" ??  :no:

That's just sad, Salty.  What's happened to you?

Edited by homersapien

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Did you happen to read what Argo posted that homer was responding to?

He probably didn’t. 

“She got the nomination on her back”

”bro that’s sexist AF”

”what? I’m not allowed to criticize her? Rah rah regressive left”

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Trump is a sexual abuser, convicted felon, refused to concede an election, embraces authoritarianism and you think fitness for the job is a "toss -up" ??  :no:

We were debating fit vs unfit. Guess you are saying that different levels of unfitness exist.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

We were debating fit vs unfit. Guess you are saying that different levels of unfitness exist.

Well, apparently in your mind, they possess the same level (aka "toss up).

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, apparently in your mind, they possess the same level (aka "toss up).

A sin is a sin. Lust is as big of a wrong as adultery Biblically speaking. Even Jimmy Carter admitted to “Lust in his heart”. They say that is why he smiled so often.

47 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Everyone shares a little responsibility for affording their lifestyle.  I have very good friends that are whining constantly about paying their bills.  What they don't talk about is the fact that they drive SUVs and trucks that are less than 5 years old, live in a house that they paid close to $500k for, take several vacations every year, never say no to the kids wanting something and I could go on and on. 

There has never been a time when living with that level of debt was comfortable.  My parents certainly never lived like that and they were what I would consider to be upper middle class based on income and assets. 

The Federal government can force interest rates down but, without a change in spending habits, inflation would likely spike.  Every government action comes with increased deficit spending.  One day, Americans will be forced to face the fact that we have been living in a bubble that we keep putting more air into without dealing with the problems that require it in the first place.

For me it is the huge shift since the pandemic. With everything. Corporations and really a lot of companies used "supply chain" issues to jack the price up and they never came down. In fact continue to rise. 

A 500K house in 2019 in the area I am in is worth (I say worth loosely) about 800K. Vehicle prices.....don't even start me with those. Granted most people live on the edge.....but this inflation has outpaced wages so much people all of a sudden are pinched. 

The current trim level of my truck is going for about 80K now and when I bought mine 8 years ago was 48K. And in some cases you can tell the skimped on the quality. 

Every time I go to the store it seems like I spend more and more and get less. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

A sin is a sin. Lust is as big of a wrong as adultery Biblically speaking. Even Jimmy Carter admitted to “Lust in his heart”. They say that is why he smiled so often.

Would you rather your son commit adultery or rape? Just curious.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Trump is like a broken record on his speeches.  Everybody listening knows what he is going to say, but that's what conservatives want to hear.

He goes to different cities to let the people know that they are on his mind & heart.

He has a good strategy in going & spending way more time in the swing states, and states like Virginia, NY, NH, PA where he has an outside chance to turn the vote his way.  He has no real need to spend a bunch of time campaigning in AL, MS, LA.  He is going to win those states hands down.

The Dems had their strategy to win last time & they did.  The Republicans better have revamped their plans dramatically this time to win.

People on this forum get too angry, too personal and can't take a joke fwiw a lot of the time.

And to your point on economics.  The point nobody can argue is that American Citizens (young & old) could afford the 2 most essential resources of everyday life when Trump was in office.  Now unless you are somewhat wealthy, you have to struggle to pay your bills, buy gas, and groceries.

I happen to be in the category that I don't struggle, but I don't live comfortably either.  I can pay my bills & all, but just don't have enough money left over to enjoy any additional luxuries.  And I personally know a whole bunch of people in the same boat I am.

Sorry, but the "I was just kidding" won't fly. :-\  

You revealed yourself.

(BTW, we had a pandemic shortly before Biden took office which causes global economic disruption.  Read up on it.  Biden did a good job steering us through the worst of it; in fact, we did better then most of the world.)

Y’all old dudes be wild. 

57 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I would also like to just point out that if prices increased at the same rate of inflation, nobody would have even noticed anything. Corporations are literally raking in unprecedented profit margins, while simultaneously decreasing labor costs (wage growth). 

This is why so many people feel broke af all the time.

IMG_1127.jpeg

So you want to regulate product pricing and corp profits?  Oh boy here we go.

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Neither 

Well no sh*t. If you had to pick one. Lemme ask you. Which one would you rather do?

• Facepalm 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well no sh*t. If you had to pick one. Lemme ask you. Which one would you rather do?

I don’t have to pick one. Has no bearing on my statement anyway.

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

So you want to regulate product pricing and corp profits?  Oh boy here we go.

How tf else are you supposed to decrease the price of goods? Ask nicely? 

1 hour ago, Didba said:

I mean to be fair, the pandemic had a huge impact on those things. Especially gas prices. 

It did, but things were starting the get better before the transition. Of course there's the whole "coronavirus" and lab connection but that's for the Star in the grocery line...until it isn't. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

How tf else are you supposed to decrease the price of goods? Ask nicely? 

For starters, go back to being energy independent and control the market more. Stop printing money like they are paper towels or toilet paper. IDK

25 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yeah but we don't like the way Kamala laughs. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

and all they have to look back on is what things were like in 2020 at this time. $1.80 gas, 2.7% interest rates……etc. I wish it wasn’t orange salad. 

Yep, Obama/Biden handed over a booming economy to Trump.

So, what changed? 

Just now, homersapien said:

Yep, Obama/Biden handed over a booming economy to Trump.

So, what changed? 

It got BOOMER under orange man. It was YUGE!

56 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Ah yes, give the government more power and they’ll fix it.  Reagan said it best - more .gov won’t fix the problem, more .gov IS the problem.   The government is what created this problem to begin with. 

Well Reagan talked a good game but he sure did his part to increase the size of government in the form of debt.

6 hours ago, DAG said:

I don’t know why so many on here are harping on that when there are many other things that I find questionable like her previous actions and stances on crime as a prosecutor of California. 

This is exactly my problem with Kamala. 

• Like 1