Biden has dropped out of the 2024 race

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well things change. The Dems got rid of their old man. Time for the Republicans to do the same. Y’all should pivot to Haley. She’s sufficiently MAGA now.

You may not like or agree with Trump but Biden is way past his time as far as his cognitive issues. He was propped up way too long.

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Harris can actually pass a competency test , which would make her better off the bat. It would’ve been silly for the Dems to let Biden continue , regardless of what polls say. 

So you don’t think the polling and Nate Silver is correct? 

He does say it is hard to tell about polling data of Harris since she was not assumed to be the candidate and that she could get a bump, but some states most likely will be too far out of reach. 

But, a lot can happen in a few months. 

Unless something crazy happens that shifts momentum I don’t see a scenario that he loses. 

My gut in 2015 before he was the nominee was that he would win and in 2020 I had my doubts. But, based on things I’ve seen I have a strong feeling he will win again this time. 

Edited by wdefromtx

12 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

You may not like or agree with Trump but Biden is way past his time as far as his cognitive issues. He was propped up way too long.

Trump is no spry energetic sharp person either. I admittedly avoid watching his speeches, but I watched that incoherent sh*t show at the convention and I can safely say, that his old man traits are peaking through as well. Side note, he has to retire that Hannibal Lector bit. He’s worn it out. It’s losing its luster.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

So you don’t think the polling and Nate Silver is correct? 

He does say it is hard to tell about polling data of Harris since she was not assumed to be the candidate and that she could get a bump, but some states most likely will be too far out of reach. 

But, a lot can happen in a few months. 

Unless something crazy happens that shifts momentum I don’t see a scenario that he loses. 

My gut in 2015 before he was the nominee was that he would win and in 2020 I had my doubts. But, based on things I’ve seen I have a strong feeling he will win again this time. 

I quit taking polls serious when the polls were predicting an annihilation of Trump by Clinton.  I am not saying Harris will beat Trump, she has an uphill battle. But at least now there is someone who can attempt to fight back. Biden literally has no idea where he is at half the time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I quit taking polls serious when the polls were predicting an annihilation of Trump by Clinton.  I am not saying Harris will beat Trump, she has an uphill battle. But at least now there is someone who can attempt to fight back. Biden literally has no idea where he is at half the time. 

Joe Biden Calls out Trump's Malarkey in DNC Speech - ATTN:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Harris can actually pass a competency test , which would make her better off the bat. It would’ve been silly for the Dems to let Biden continue , regardless of what polls say. 

I agree with this. He needed to have been out of the running long before today, though. The only reason he was convinced to withdraw was that he was not polling well AND he was going to very likely be a hindrance to down-ballot races. His competency, such that it is, wouldn't have mattered a bit if they still thought he could win.

People acting like he just fell off of a cliff cognitively on June 27 and that this was all a huge shock are grand bull moose gaslighters, and the media acting surprised is total disingenuous bull****. It just couldn't be hidden any longer after the debate, and once it couldn't be hidden any longer, the clamoring began.

This was almost literally Christmas in July for the Democrats.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SLAG-91 said:

I agree with this. He needed to have been out of the running long before today, though. The only reason he was convinced to withdraw was that he was not polling well AND he was going to very likely be a hindrance to down-ballot races. His competency, such that it is, wouldn't have mattered a bit if they still thought he could win.

People acting like he just fell off of a cliff cognitively on June 27 and that this was all a huge shock are grand bull moose gaslighters, and the media acting surprised is total disingenuous bull****. It just couldn't be hidden any longer after the debate, and once it couldn't be hidden any longer, the clamoring began.

This was almost literally Christmas in July for the Democrats.

I mean last debate it seemed like the plan was for him to stick to talking points and let Trump ramble and he couldn’t even do that. The moment Trump survived the assassination attempt and had that iconic photo showing patriotism they had to find someone with some sort of personality. Some of them tried to lie to themselves but the base they are trying to persuaded aren’t stupid and the very loyal Biden circle were almost gaslighting folks in believing he was okay. It was and is wrong on so many levels. 

• Like 1

https://babylonbee.com/news/jill-biden-drops-out-of-presidential-race

Jill Biden has formally dropped out of the 2024 presidential race, she announced today at a press conference that was supposed to be for her husband.

"I cannot in good conscience continue," the acting president said as her husband wandered around somewhere backstage.

Journalists expressed shock and disappointment to learn that not only has Joe Biden been a decrepit old man for the last three years — he hasn't even been president.

"Well, this is news to me!" said CNN's Jake Tapper. "I could've sworn she was the first lady, and that Biden was a normal person just two weeks ago."

• Haha 3

You guys sitting up here talking about Biden being unfit, while the GOP runs a 78 year old convicted felon and SA’er, who is all over the Epstein Files, schemed to overturn the election, stole from his own charity, and cozies up to Putin, Orban and Kim Jong Un.

Jesus Christ. 

Talk about gaslighting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

The Dems who voted for Biden also voted for Harris. Do you people not understand how the political system works? 

What if Biden passed away last night? Guess you think, the Dems can’t run anyone else, because people voted for Biden. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Do you people not understand how the political system works?

Do you? Do you think Biden chose to step down, or was he forced out? Harris got zero support in her bid in the previous election. She got here on the coattails on the only person the Dems thought could challenge Trump. You could have put a bowling ball as Biden's running mate and the lot of you still would have voted for him. Turns out, you didn't do much better than a bowling ball and that's the choice you're stuck with now. Good luck with the next Dem puppet in line for the POTUS. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Do you? Do you think Biden chose to step down, or was he forced out? Harris got zero support in her bid in the previous election. She got here on the coattails on the only person the Dems thought could challenge Trump. You could have put a bowling ball as Biden's running mate and the lot of you still would have voted for him. Turns out, you didn't do much better than a bowling ball and that's the choice you're stuck with now. Good luck with the next Dem puppet in line for the POTUS. 

The Vice President literally exists to step in if the president can’t perform his duties. That’s our system. Everyone who wants to run, is allowed to under law. Manchen is saying that he may reregister and run. More power to him. I voted for a 78 year old Joe Biden, absolutely knowing that he’s 78 and Harris may happen to have to take over if he dies or becomes enable to serve. And so did every other Democrat.

If the President decided to not run and he endorses his VP, and every person in the Democratic Party decides to get behind the VP, instead of running, what issue do you have?

All you mf’s have been doing is whining about Biden being too old to run again. The party literally agreed with you and pressured him out. He agreed to do it. Now you’re saying he shouldn’t have done it. What do you want?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

guys sitting up here talking about Biden being unfit, while the GOP runs a 78 year old

It’s funny to me how little age plays into who should run the country. If after firing Harsin, AU had hired Steve Spurrier (79) as HC and Bill Oliver (84) as DC, no one would think that is a good idea. But we somehow think it works for POTUS. Crazy times. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You guys sitting up here talking about Biden being unfit, while the GOP runs a 78 year old convicted felon and SA’er, who is all over the Epstein Files, schemed to overturn the election, stole from his own charity, and cozies up to Putin, Orban and Kim Jong Un.

Jesus Christ. 

Talk about gaslighting.

They're both unfit for office, only the origin of that unfitness differs.

Gonna sit back with my cyber-popcorn and watch all of this unfold from here.

Next four months...

Hold on to your butts!!!! - Mean Green Football - GoMeanGreen.com

• Like 1

Next four months...

Loads and loads of useless political rhetoric and comparative failure. 

Next four months...

I will agree with that. Biden was mentally unfit to perform the duties of a president for 4 more years. Trump is both mentally and ethically unfit to serve as president for 4 more years. The dems fixed their issues. The GOP should follow suit. And let’s have an election where both sides put up a worthy candidate.

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It’s funny to me how little age plays into who should run the country. If after firing Harsin, AU had hired Steve Spurrier (79) as HC and Bill Oliver (84) as DC, no one would think that is a good idea. But we somehow think it works for POTUS. Crazy times. 

Great stuff. Of course Biden was not deemed too old until democrats decided he could not win. Would suppose donor money quit flowing. 

Agree that Trump at 78 has no business running. 

I’m not a Trump person and honestly tired of all the really old guys running. But there is a huge difference between the cognitive ability of Biden and Trump. Biden should not have even been running in 2020.

The dems are ousting him because they think he’s unfit, they are ousting him because he can’t win. 

I need to fact check this, but there might be a couple states that it has passed the time for some states such as Nevada. The exception is the nominee has to die or be declared unfit mentally. Which if he stays in office, he doesn’t check off the mental unfit box. 

Interesting times for the left. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Great stuff. Of course Biden was not deemed too old until democrats decided he could not win. Would suppose donor money quit flowing. 

He was deemed too old when he went up in front of millions of Americans and showed that is mental fitness was that of a 82 year old. That’s when this started. That’s when Americans, donars, lawmakers, etc saw how old his mind had gotten, and that’s when the polls started to show their concern. Once again, the Democratic Party acted accordingly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Rumor is he was free to keep running, but the support and money was going to be cut. They were just going to leave him on an island. 

Just now, wdefromtx said:

Rumor is he was free to keep running, but the support and money was going to be cut. They were just going to leave him on an island. 

So do you think he should have just run?

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

He was deemed too old when he went up in front of millions of Americans and showed that is mental fitness was that of a 82 year old. That’s when this started. That’s when Americans, donars, lawmakers, etc saw how old his mind had gotten, and that’s when the polls started to show their concern. Once again, the Democratic Party acted accordingly. 

Actually the party acted accordingly prior to Biden being forced to walk. I’m not one to let turn off for allowing this whole thing to perk under the surface for months. He’s the leader of a nation. Self preservation over country. 

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I will agree with that. Biden was mentally unfit to perform the duties of a president for 4 more years. Trump is both mentally and ethically unfit to serve as president for 4 more years. The dems fixed their issues. The GOP should follow suit. And let’s have an election where both sides put up a worthy candidate.

Biden was morally and ethically unfit for the office the previous 4 years.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Trump is no spry energetic sharp person either. I admittedly avoid watching his speeches, but I watched that incoherent sh*t show at the convention and I can safely say, that his old man traits are peaking through as well. Side note, he has to retire that Hannibal Lector bit. He’s worn it out. It’s losing its luster.

At least you could understand Trump whether you agreed with him or not. Biden is a sad old man that has been exploited for political gain. Very sad.