If Biden drops out, it will be Harris.

I dont see how this can end any other way. It has to be Harris. This is why she is the VP. She is next inline in the Democrat Party. The $$$ issues alone make her the nominee.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/20/politics/democratic-consensus-harris-should-biden-step-aside/index.html

Democratic consensus solidifies around Harris, should Biden step aside

• Like 1

The Democrats duly elected the Biden/Harris ticket and received 81 million vote, more votes than any other ticket in the history of elections.  I am confused why the Democrats need an open convention why the America people have spoken.  There was no real challengers in this year’s primary and the Party made sure of that.

They put all their eggs in this basket and are now asking for a do-over?

I don’t think they should do an open convention, because it would be chaos, but I don’t understand why a big deal is being made about the people’s votes being not counted. The circumstances have dramatically changed in the last couple of months. Newsom and Whitmer didn’t want to primary Biden. And I’m not sure either of them wants to run this time either. 

It really sounds like the Dems are in a no win situation with some of you.

If they decide to shoehorn Harris in, they’re “skirting the will of the people”

And if they decide to open it up and allow the democratic process to play out, “they’re offending the people who voted for Biden/Harris”.

The incumbent is obviously too old to run an effective campaign. And at the end of the day, the democratic party’s job is to put forth a candidate with the best chance to win. 

Some of you aren’t Democrats or even anti Trump, so you probably don’t see it the same way as us, but I can assure you that we aren’t going to be resentful of any candidate, as long as they can message better than Biden and beat Trump.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The Democrats duly elected the Biden/Harris ticket and received 81 million vote, more votes than any other ticket in the history of elections.  I am confused why the Democrats need an open convention why the America people have spoken.  There was no real challengers in this year’s primary and the Party made sure of that.

They put all their eggs in this basket and are now asking for a do-over?

That election has nothing to do with the ticket in 2024.  There aren't usually many serious challengers to an incumbent candidate during a primary.  I never thought Biden should run again.  Before the 2020 election, I believed that he should have pledged to be a one term president.  Not my decision. 

Nobody is asking for anything.  There is a political party that wants to put the strongest candidate possible on the ticket.

Joe Manchin on Face the Nation:  "I know for a fact that Joe Biden can be an effective President for the remainder of his term."  He went on to say that Biden should allow a candidate like Andy Beshear to be considered for the ticket.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

It’s been almost a month since the debate and the crisis started.  It was barely 4 months till the election then and it’s approaching 3 now.  This wasting of time has been has ben selfish and destructive of any chance (without a splash nominee) and I’m beginning to think virtually any candidate at this point would/should be roadkill.

If somehow trump lost at this point it’d be purely because of a  rejection of him - not the dem winning.

Edited by auburnatl1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Nobody is asking for anything.  There is a political party that wants to put the strongest candidate possible on the ticket.

Why did that political party not see the issue with their candidate before the 27th of June?  Most everybody else did.  I guess it was those people that knew he has mush for brains relied on *cheap fake* videos.  Yes that are asking for a do over for the whole primary season for not realizing Biden was not able to win the election.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

"I know for a fact that Joe Biden can be an effective President for the remainder of his term."  He went on to say that Biden should allow a candidate like Andy Beshear to be considered for the ticket.

Manchin is now an independent, former Deomocrat, that does not want to rock the boat.  I would guess the reporter didn’t ask a follow up question like why he thought that Joe would effective with all the issues he has had.  No heads of state would listen to him and his bureaucrats would do what they want, with little or no oversight.

Andy Beshear would be a formidable candidate for sure.  A white guy that would be put ahead of Kamala Harris would disrupt the coalition.

Edited by I_M4_AU

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why did that political party not see the issue with their candidate before the 27th of June?  Most everybody else did.  I guess it was those people that knew he has mush for brains relied on *cheap fake* videos.  Yes that are asking for a do over for the whole primary season for not realizing Biden was no able to win the election.

Manchin is now an independent, former Deomocrat, that does not want to rock the boat.  I would guess the reporter didn’t ask a follow up question like why he thought that Joe would effective with all the issues he has had.  No heads of state would listen to him and his bureaucrats would do what they want, with little or no oversight.

Andy Beshear would be a formidable candidate for sure.  A white guy that would be put ahead of Kamala Harris would disrupt the coalition.

Manchin went into detail describing his long friendship with Biden.  He believes that the demands of campaigning is what is taking its toll on Biden, not some onset of dementia or anything like that. 

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Manchin went into detail describing his long friendship with Biden.  He believes that the demands of campaigning is what is taking its toll on Biden, not some onset of dementia or anything like that. 

Of course.

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s been almost a month since the debate and the crisis started.  It was barely 4 months till the election then and it’s approaching 3 now.  This wasting of time has been has ben selfish and destructive of any chance (without a splash nominee) and I’m beginning to think virtually any candidate at this would/should be roadkill.

If somehow trump lost at this point it’d be purely because of a  rejection of him - not the dem winning.

This is pretty much what happened in 2020...Biden was the guy the Democrats coalesced around because he was perceived to be the one who had the best chance to beat Trump. It certainly wasn't because of his stellar legislative record, razor-sharp intellect or magnetic personality...he's a gray spot on a gray wall that essentially let Trump hang himself while campaigning from a bunker. Democrats chose wisely for 2020.

Now, it's obvious that he is just not capable of doing this job for 4.5 more years, and that is apparent to everyone but Joe. Public perception is not on his side now, not even in his own party.

Right now, from the Democrat perspective, they need to s*** or get off the toilet re: who their candidate is going to be. The suspended animation/twisting in the wind is doing them no favors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

There aren't usually many serious challengers to an incumbent candidate during a primary. 

Well, it appears the Dems made that so:

No one to blame but……

48 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

This is pretty much what happened in 2020...Biden was the guy the Democrats coalesced around because he was perceived to be the one who had the best chance to beat Trump. It certainly wasn't because of his stellar legislative record, razor-sharp intellect or magnetic personality...he's a gray spot on a gray wall that essentially let Trump hang himself while campaigning from a bunker. Democrats chose wisely for 2020.

Now, it's obvious that he is just not capable of doing this job for 4.5 more years, and that is apparent to everyone but Joe. Public perception is not on his side now, not even in his own party.

Right now, from the Democrat perspective, they need to s*** or get off the toilet re: who their candidate is going to be. The suspended animation/twisting in the wind is doing them no favors.

It was a quiet civil war in 2020 between Bernie/warren/progressives and the more moderate Dems. Obama famously weighed in and convinced all the moderates except Biden to drop out prior to South Carolina to coalesce. Ps however Bernie still had enough delegates to shift left the platform and promises of more liberal cabinet picks - shifting his administration.

And yes - Biden was incredibly average and gaffe-prone even in his prime. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

That's always been true.

• Like 1

Any democrat not named Biden, Kamala, or Hillary has a decent shot at winning if they repudiate Biden's border insanity.  Hopefully, the democrats aren't smart enough to figure that out. 

2 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Any democrat not named Biden, Kamala, or Hillary has a decent shot at winning if they repudiate Biden's border insanity.  Hopefully, the democrats aren't smart enough to figure that out. 

They worked with Republicans to try to fix the border. You people have selective amnesia when it comes to that. That border bill was written by an ultra conservative and was the most conservative border bill in history. No democrat is ever going to deport 18 million people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well, the wheels are now officially in motion...

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Well, the wheels are now officially in motion...

Oh boy! Here we go!

38 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They worked with Republicans to try to fix the border. You people have selective amnesia when it comes to that. That border bill was written by an ultra conservative and was the most conservative border bill in history. No democrat is ever going to deport 18 million people. 

Under Trump, there was not a mass migration problem. Please explain why it is different under Biden? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Under Trump, there was not a mass migration problem. Please explain why it is different under Biden? 

You know why. He’s a Democrat, so he gets a pass on failure. 

16 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Guess it depends on what you consider a problem. Border crossings under Trump were higher than Obama. I didn’t hear y’all bi*ching and moaning then though.

IMG_1105.jpeg

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Guess it depends on what you consider a problem. Border crossings under Trump were higher than Obama. I didn’t hear y’all bi*ching and moaning then though.

IMG_1105.jpeg

I thought we was talking about biden and not Obama..........................

10 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I dont see how this can end any other way. It has to be Harris. This is why she is the VP. She is next inline in the Democrat Party. The $$$ issues alone make her the nominee.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/20/politics/democratic-consensus-harris-should-biden-step-aside/index.html

Democratic consensus solidifies around Harris, should Biden step aside

It boils down to the war chest. Kamala is the only one with the clean access to it. 

14 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

You know why. He’s a Democrat, so he gets a pass on failure. 

Every president in modern history has failures. Nobody is arguing it being a failure.
So a democratic president attempts to fix what you guys call “an invasion of rapists and thugs” by crossing the isle and working alongside republican lawmakers and 1 person “kills” it and effectively decides that it’s not important enough to fix until he’s president. And somehow that person holds no responsibility for the “invasion”?

2 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Some of us like to look at historical records to gauge topics. I know you folks just like to make believe that sh*t didn’t happen. But that’s not how reality works, brother.

4 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Let me rephrase it so you can follow. Trump had moments where borders encounters were higher than any other president in American history. How was it not a problem under Trump?