Evangelicals and Politics

2 hours ago, arein0 said:

You read it wrong. He's saying the goal should be to get everyone that is eligible to vote to vote.

That is why I asked him to clarify.  It can be taken both ways.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

There was no incorrect statement.  You chose to read it in a way that it was never intended.  That is on you, not me.

Unless you don’t make statements clear and can be interpreted in a way you didn’t mean.  I’m told that frequently by you libs.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

NOBODY is arguing they should be.  NOBODY

Then why did 198 Dems vote against the SAVE Act that requires proof of citizenship and removing non citizens from state voter rolls?

There is no enforcement mechanism to prevent this, so it can happen and likely will.

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

While you and other Conservatives reminisce about the Democrat party of 1840,  the Republican party of 2024 is having to beg it's elected members to stop focusing on Kamala's race and gender when attacking her because it's making them look bad: 

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/23/gop-race-comments-harris-00170735

I’m not a conservative, and I have major issues with the corporate imbalances of the GOP, along with many other things. But keep it in east street. 

44 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Then why did 198 Dems vote against the SAVE Act that requires proof of citizenship and removing non citizens from state voter rolls?

There is no enforcement mechanism to prevent this, so it can happen and likely will.

And this right here is a problem. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Logic says you set the standard by setting the mark. I’m not changing my mind on this one. 

That's irrational.  Weirdly so.

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's irrational.  Weirdly so.

Of course it is. Good afternoon 

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is no jurisdiction where a non U.S. citizen can vote in a Federal Election.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There is no jurisdiction where a non U.S. citizen can vote in a Federal Election.

Then why automatically register anyone that goes to the DMV for any reason?  A non U.S. citizen voting is against the law, but there is no deterrent either.  Proof of citizenship would be nice.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Doesn't matter. 

It's designed to be a purely political gesture that will cost time and money to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Edited by homersapien

20 hours ago, autigeremt said:

And this right here is a problem. 

Except the problem doesn't exist in the first place.  It's already against the law for non-citizens to vote.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Except the problem doesn't exist in the first place.  It's already against the law for non-citizens to vote.

Laws never stopped politicians 

Posted (edited)

Dear lord I thought this went away. Where is there proof of any kind illegals are voting? Total nonsense.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Laws never stopped politicians 

Meaning what exactly? :dunno:

Are you suggest some politicians are allowing non-citizens to vote? Who and where?

41 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Dear lord I thought this went away. Where is there proof of any kind illegals are voting? Total nonsense.

Truth is irrelevant.  The (political) meme is the thing.

This topic started as a very interesting discussion with the strong merge of evangelicals into politics. As a person who use to identify as Christian this (amongst other reasons) had a strong influence on me distancing myself from Christianity. And before my Christian friends here try to discredit my past religious convictions and commitment I can assure you that I wasn’t playing church on Sundays