Auburn is Georgia's Homecoming opponent

Kirby is a liar. He knows why it was done, and he knows it was an insult.

I've been to a couple of Red River games. Its a 50/50 environment. On the road in the SEC is a tougher environment. Believe Venables has coached a few games in SEC stadiums. He also knows concentrating on Texas is gonna get him beat.

• Like 1

So, yeah, this is bulletin board material for Freeze. But the fact is, Auburn has not beat thUGA in awhile. If we want respect, it's up to Auburn to EARN that respect. Let me know when Auburn actually beats UGA. (And no, close don't count in football.)

I'm hoping this will give CHF and his staff and the Auburn players incentive to go in there and beat UGA.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

SEC media reporters rank Auburn at #10 for the upcoming year in the SEC.

You can easily guess their #1. Yep UGA. And based on the media rankings, we should expect Auburn to definitely lose to UGA, Bama, Oklahoma, and Ole Miss.

Other games? I'm sure hoping CHF and his staff have got our players ready, because it ain't gonna be easy.

Edited by AURex

On 7/19/2024 at 10:36 PM, AURex said:

So, yeah, this is bulletin board material for Freeze. But the fact is, Auburn has not beat thUGA in awhile. If we want respect, it's up to Auburn to EARN that respect. Let me know when Auburn actually beats UGA. (And no, close don't count in football.)

I'm hoping this will give CHF and his staff and the Auburn players incentive to go in there and beat UGA.

I agree with you. Until we can show that we can beat them more than once every 5 or 6 years, we haven’t earned the respect from them. This once neck and neck rivalry is now generally an auto L for AU every year. I  can’t stand GA and live in the state, but the truth of the matter is, they are so much better than AU now and that includes players and coaches, we honestly can’t argue this point with valid information. AU has never had a run like the current GA one of the last 5 to 6, so we aren’t anymore of, say a Vandy to them. Make them regret things more than once every 5 or 6 against us and thoughts may change. 

46 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Kirby hates Auburn - not sure why he wouldn't. 

He had the job here had the PTB listened to Coach Dye. 

12 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

He had the job here had the PTB listened to Coach Dye. 

And I still believe he would have left us for GA, so a moot point. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

And I still believe he would have left us for GA, so a moot point. 

he may be the most "Georgia man" that we've had this millennium. He worked under Alabama, which is University of Georgia in many many ways. That man had a contempt for Auburn. It'd be impossible not to with that background 

I think sometimes we (ardent sports fans) look at these jobs as if they're fundamentally different than other jobs. Everyone in here should be able to name a job that they did while actively hating it. You're very lucky if you never have had one like that. There's different reasons (Auburn being rich as hell is one that comes to my mind) why you take or continue a job even with that being the case 

• Like 1

I don't think you need to have a coach who actively reflects your program's identity to win games (Gus Malzahn, Mark Richt, Nick Saban, Brian Kelly come to mind) but if you can get that same type of "weird" that your program has AND they're good? That's a really nice spot to be in. It'd be nice if Aub ever did get someone that truly coached like they had a chip on their shoulder (kinda like Tuberville or Gus but only against Alabama) and could match the modern program building necessities. None of this post is meant to be a disapproval of Freeze btw - just me speaking in dreams and wishes 

22 hours ago, AURex said:

SEC media reporters rank Auburn at #10 for the upcoming year in the SEC.

You can easily guess their #1. Yep UGA. And based on the media rankings, we should expect Auburn to definitely lose to UGA, Bama, Oklahoma, and Ole Miss.

Other games? I'm sure hoping CHF and his staff have got our players ready, because it ain't gonna be easy.

I can assure you Auburn won't lose to Ole Miss this year. Bet?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

I can assure you Auburn won't lose to Ole Miss this year. Bet?

UM okay. Thing is I never ever gamble.  Never!  But I hope you are right that AU doesn't lose to OM,

1 hour ago, AURex said:

UM okay. Thing is I never ever gamble.  Never!  But I hope you are right that AU doesn't lose to OM,

The reason arktiger1975 said he will bet you is because Auburn doesn't play Ole Miss this year. 

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I agree with you. Until we can show that we can beat them more than once every 5 or 6 years, we haven’t earned the respect from them. This once neck and neck rivalry is now generally an auto L for AU every year. I  can’t stand GA and live in the state, but the truth of the matter is, they are so much better than AU now and that includes players and coaches, we honestly can’t argue this point with valid information. AU has never had a run like the current GA one of the last 5 to 6, so we aren’t anymore of, say a Vandy to them. Make them regret things more than once every 5 or 6 against us and thoughts may change. 

Agree with most of what you say. Vandy doesn’t beat Uga once every 5 or six years though so we aren’t that bad. The big takeaway to me is UGA and Bama are definitely coach success stories (must be successful in recruiting  and coaching ). We are definitely improving in recruiting. Hoping for the coaching part to begin improving this year.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Kirby hates Auburn - not sure why he wouldn't. 

I think a lot of his hatred is born out of the fact that when he played, UGA struggled with Auburn. We beat them in Athens in 1995, they needed that crazy miracle to beat us in 1996, we embarrassed them in Athens (as a heavy underdog) in 1997, and they struggled to beat one of our weakest teams ever in 1998. In addition, I can't remember the player, but one of our RBs absolutely steamrolled him in one of the games. In particular, I think the 97 game galls him. They had just come off a big win over Florida, finally beating Spurrier for the first time. Then we went into Athens, tanned those silver britches, and basically ruined their season.

Edited by arktiger1975
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Agree with most of what you say. Vandy doesn’t beat Uga once every 5 or six years though so we aren’t that bad. The big takeaway to me is UGA and Bama are definitely coach success stories (must be successful in recruiting  and coaching ). We are definitely improving in recruiting. Hoping for the coaching part to begin improving this year.

Unfortunately, in the last 10 matchups vs Georgia: 

Vanderbilt is 2-8 

Auburn is 1-9 

of course, very few teams have been beating UGA the last 6 or so years. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

The reason arktiger1975 said he will bet you is because Auburn doesn't play Ole Miss this year. 

Gimme LSU for $200

turd-ferguson-norm-macdonald.gif

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Vanderbilt is 2-8 

Auburn is 1-9 

When one sees things like that in black & white it's even more nauseating how absolutely deep in the cellar of this conference Auburn has been for the last decade. 

I believe CHF knows it's time to turn the corner, I hope he wants to approach the season in an "all in" attack mode, take no prisoners.  But I know he's still in rebuild mode and will want to take things methodical & calculated.  I'm just ready to make a huge jump back to SEC relevance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Vanderbilt is 2-8 

Auburn is 1-9 

You could win a lot of dough with that trivia question in sports bars all across the SE.

• Haha 1

Guys HC games aren’t necessarily against a patsy outside of our state…

(Also the only reason Vandy has a better record in that span is because the 2020 game was cancelled. Mind you, I’m completely apathetic to DSOR at this point. But maybe based off last year we’ll have a shot at them at home? Point is though you can’t hold a bad record versus Georgia against a coach because everyone has one.)

Edited by AUwent

10 hours ago, JerryAU said:

When one sees things like that in black & white it's even more nauseating how absolutely deep in the cellar of this conference Auburn has been for the last decade. 

I believe CHF knows it's time to turn the corner, I hope he wants to approach the season in an "all in" attack mode, take no prisoners.  But I know he's still in rebuild mode and will want to take things methodical & calculated.  I'm just ready to make a huge jump back to SEC relevance. 

Auburn is so conditioned to accept poor and mediocre results.

Thats what’s nauseating. Freeze has or should have a very small window of opportunity. So far his coaching has been poor at best. This is the year to get it together.

Auburn should be 5-0 after the home games.

Edited by TigerOne

21 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Vanderbilt is 2-8 

Auburn is 1-9 

Another crazy stat for us is that our last win in Athens is 2005.

Vanderbilt has won in Athens twice since we have. Vandy won in Athens in 2006 and 2016. 

2010 and 2013 seems pretty recent to me but to these high school kids, they don't remember seeing Auburn and Cam Newton run wild in 2010. I've seen Hank Brown and Cam Coleman both say that they don't remember us winning the 2010 Natty or Cam Newton winning the Heisman. They've seen his highlights and read the stories but that's it. The majority of the recruits probably remember 2017 if they grew up as Auburn, Bama or Georgia fans and I'm sure they remember us beating Bama in 2019. But for the better part of their lives, Auburn has been pretty average.