BIG CAT WEEKEND

I just listened to Jason Caldwell at 1:00 pm. CST. He is a weekly guest on The Score sports radio station here in NW Alabama. Here are some things he said:

Next year the NCAA has made July and August the dead period for recruiting. He said Big Cat Weekend will have to be moved due to this and he thinks BCW may be moved to the weekend of our A-Day game.

He said BCW isn't a weekend anymore. It's only 4 or 5 hours on saturday. He said they'll do a scavenger hunt, play video games and they'll all have a meal and possibly some time in the swimming pool.

Both hosts asked him how many players will attend and he said between 45 and 50.

The hosts asked him what quarterbacks will be at BCW and Caldwell said that no quarterbacks will be at BCW but that it doesn't mean the coaches aren't trying to get a QB. 

He said Fegans will visit LSU on friday, Auburn on saturday, Bama on sunday and will announce his commitment on monday. He said he feels pretty comfortable we will land Fegans but LSU worries him. 

That's all I was able to listen to because I was meeting someone for lunch. This is probably old news to most in here but thought I would share anyway. WDE and hoping for some good news this weekend!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thanks 077. Sure is a bummer that BCW has been scaled down to 4 or 5 hours. Hope weather cooperates on Saturday. Hap had 30 names so adding '25 and '26 commits would put total between 45 and 50. Hard to spend much time with that many kids in 4 or 5 hours. The high profile guys will probably get most of attention from coaches, so I would presume the commits will be recruiting many of the others. A lot of work to do in a short amount of time. WDE!!!

20 hours ago, autan said:

Thanks 077. Sure is a bummer that BCW has been scaled down to 4 or 5 hours. Hope weather cooperates on Saturday. Hap had 30 names so adding '25 and '26 commits would put total between 45 and 50. Hard to spend much time with that many kids in 4 or 5 hours. The high profile guys will probably get most of attention from coaches, so I would presume the commits will be recruiting many of the others. A lot of work to do in a short amount of time. WDE!!!

Right. I presumed it would kick off this morning and tail off Sunday afternoon. Certainly makes Big Cat Weekend a misnomer.

• Like 1

Coach Shaun Shivers in the building 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Coach Shaun Shivers in the building 

Yes sir!  I remember when he trucked #15 for the Turds at the goal line a few years back.   That was AWESOME!!!!!!

• Like 2

Underatanding it can't be during the July/August dead period after this year, why cant it still be an entire weekend in say mid to late June?

35 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Underatanding it can't be during the July/August dead period after this year, why cant it still be an entire weekend in say mid to late June?

Are the coaches going fishing or hunting?  😀Seems like it's happened before.

The NCAA and/or SEC are constantly making changes to let everyone know who is in charge. Of course the school Presidents would have a say too.

On 7/23/2024 at 3:29 PM, AUwent said:

If KJ and Deuce don’t show, do we proceed to put all our $ into landing an elite portal QB? It’s mind boggling how we’ve had that much trouble with that position.

Yeah, especially since bringing in some, not good but elite talent to the wide receiver room and the overhauling of the OL.  Maybe with this big cat weekend we'll get a big name QB.

On 7/22/2024 at 11:22 AM, JerryAU said:

LSU folk think he's a heavy lean to them, I'd LOVE to see Auburn snag his commit over the weekend.  

@JerryAU AU recruiting reporters have him at 90% confidence to AU. That means he's likely a silent to us FWIW. He commits publicly on Monday.

• Love 1

On 7/23/2024 at 11:27 AM, GreenTiger said:

Any quarterbacks expected???? 

@GreenTiger SIAP but Deuce Knight was expected but something important came up and he can't make it. FWIW JLee & Bigbird think him not able to come doesn't hurt our chances with him.

@TeamZero77

On 7/23/2024 at 3:29 PM, AUwent said:

If KJ and Deuce don’t show, do we proceed to put all our $ into landing an elite portal QB?

@AUwent Pretty sure I told you in the past 2 weeks, we are taking a portal QB no matter who or what happens with HS QBs in this class.

On 7/24/2024 at 6:26 PM, autan said:

I would think some of the insiders know if it was Cunningham's decision or the decision of Auburn staff. If our coaches know there is zero chance of him becoming an Auburn Tiger he shouldn't be at Big Cat. Or is there always a chance?  WDE!!

@autan I think it's more his family's decision for him based on the bags Bama dropped for him to not come.

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2024 at 8:41 PM, GoAU said:

The only downside is you potentially have someone working against you in your own event

@GoAU Had CC come he would have not been working against the AU staff. He genuinely likes AU a lot.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2024 at 12:55 PM, HAPvsOA said:

Here's what I've been able to piece together thus far. Anyone got info to expand this list that's not behind a paywall? 

• 4-star CB Blake Woodby | Auburn Lean
  • 4-star S Anquon Fegans | Auburn Lean
  • 5-star EDGE Jared Smith | Auburn Lean but rumor is he's visiting Big Cat & Ole Miss this weekend? 
  • 4-star LB Tyler Lockhart | MS State lean; former commit
  • 4-star RB Ousmane Kromah | AU vs. FSU battle
  • 3-star WR Sam Turner | Ga Tech Commit
  • 4-star RB Shekai Mills Knight | Ole Miss Lean
  • 4-star WR Derick Smith | Bama Commit
  • Most or all of our current commits
  • 1 QB - TBD between Deuce, KJ, and Ju Ju. Or "Walker White and a transfer or bust" if those 3 no-show.
  • Unknowns, but it wouldn't be a huge surprise if they show up: 
    • Malachi Goodman
    • A. Babalola
    • Zavion Hardy
    • Walter Mathis
    • Christian Jones
    • Logan Anderson
    • Travis Smith - Tenn commit
    • Zion Grady - Ohio St. commit
    • Na'eem Offord - Ohio St. commit
    • Duke Johnson - Bama commit
    • Jaden Perlotte - GA commit, but Tenn lean? 

• S. Toodle,
  • H. Harris,  
  • Ryder Lyons, five-star from Folsom, California; No. 3 quarterback in the 2026 recruiting class -visiting day after Big Cat
  • Vodney Cleveland
  • Jaquez Wilkes
  • Zyan Gibson
  • Xavier Tiller
  • JaMichael Garrett
  • Jordan Carter
  • Anthony Jones
  • Zelus Hicks

@HAPvsOA Use the on3 2025 and 2026 pages for a good reference. They are free

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 1:46 PM, autan said:

I'm not that interested in 2026

@autan You should be. It's more impressive IMO.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@autan You should be. It's more impressive IMO.

Everyone should be very interested in 2026.

• Love 1

On 7/25/2024 at 2:21 PM, TeamZero77 said:

He said Big Cat Weekend will have to be moved due to this and he thinks BCW may be moved to the weekend of our A-Day game.

Meh. I think it will be moved back to the end of May which is when it was til a few years ago.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 3:24 PM, AUwent said:

Why the decrease in time? 

@AUwent Not a decrease. The actual event has been 4-5 hours for a good long while.

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

@aucanucktiger recruits have too many things to do, especially in June. June is major camp season.

On 7/24/2024 at 8:41 PM, GoAU said:

The only downside is you potentially have someone working against you in your own event.  I guess they keep a close eye out for that, but I’d hate to see a kid that’s a lean to another school recruiting against us at Big Cat. 

Yep, where is Reese Dismukes when you need him?  I remember him sniffing out a rat at a recruiting weekend a few years ago? 

• Like 3

We should just call it Big Cat day. Everybody is hosting one day events that last a few hours. I think it is just a day now to hold some silent commits and then have them announce on that day. Our rivals will get some commitments too. The only unique thing is IF you can get a flip from a traditional SEC power. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barkchevious said:

Yep, where is Reese Dismukes when you need him?  I remember him sniffing out a rat at a recruiting weekend a few years ago? 

Yeah, and a lot of people thought he did a bad thing. Was that Reuben Foster he called out? Anyway, none of that is happening at these short get togethers where coaches will be present. Dismukes was at a restaurant on Friday night. 

Edited by Auburn93