BIG CAT WEEKEND

IT'S 1 WEEK AWAY!!!!!!

All right you recruiting guru's; time to start putting out a visitor's list.

Who's gonna be here?

Who do we feel strongest about with our chances?

Who is on commit watch?

Who is/are our most likely flip/flips?

• Like 1

@ArgoEagle Barring people posting tweets from twitter, a list can't be posted till the day before BCW. That's the day AU hands their official list out to the media. Lists right now are behind pay walls and is their own work so they can't be posted here til next Friday.

6 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Who do we feel strongest about with our chances?

Woodby, Fegans, Jared Smith, 2026 LB – JaMichael Garrett, 2026 Edge – Hezekiah Harris, and maybe a few others.

Who is on commit watch?

The 5 I mentioned above.

I'd rather not say publicly til there is a lot more smoke to the work our staff is doing behind the scenes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'd rather not say publicly till there is a lot more smoke to the work our staff is doing behind the scenes.

Smart move

• Like 2

On 7/19/2024 at 6:31 PM, ellitor said:

Woodby, Fegans, Jared Smith, 2026 LB – JaMichael Garrett, 2026 Edge – Hezekiah Harris, and maybe a few others.

LSU folk think he's a heavy lean to them, I'd LOVE to see Auburn snag his commit over the weekend.  

27 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

LSU folk think he's a heavy lean to them, I'd LOVE to see Auburn snag his commit over the weekend.  

Corn dogs know nothing 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Corn dogs know nothing 

🌭

If KJ and Deuce don’t show, do we proceed to put all our $ into landing an elite portal QB? It’s mind boggling how we’ve had that much trouble with that position.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If KJ and Deuce don’t show, do we proceed to put all our $ into landing an elite portal QB? It’s mind boggling how we’ve had that much trouble with that position.

Across the NCAA, this is a more a common problem than not.  this is not an issue that is uniquely Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Across the NCAA, this is a more a common problem than not.  this is not an issue that is uniquely Auburn.

Kind of like OL recruiting.🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I can never hear the words Big Cat Weekend and not think about Troop n Lup rolling up on high schools unannounced in the AU hummer with reactions like rock stars.

Ahhhhhhhhhh those were the days of revolutionary thinking outside the box to combat Chargers, suits and free rent. Good times, good times. 

On 7/22/2024 at 11:49 AM, augolf1716 said:

Corn dogs know nothing 

perry.gif

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I can never hear the words Big Cat Weekend and not think about Troop n Lup rolling up on high schools unannounced in the AU hummer with reactions like rock stars.

Ahhhhhhhhhh those were the days of revolutionary thinking outside the box to combat Chargers, suits and free rent. Good times, good times. 

I thought that event was known as Tiger Prowl.

Edited by gctiger

52 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Caleb cunningham tweeting he’s not coming to big cat

It’s a shame anyone cares he’s not coming! Yes he would be good to have on board, but he appears to be one of those we ain’t gonna get!

I would think some of the insiders know if it was Cunningham's decision or the decision of Auburn staff. If our coaches know there is zero chance of him becoming an Auburn Tiger he shouldn't be at Big Cat. Or is there always a chance?  WDE!!

• Like 1

Yes. But so have a couple of others that may be attending Big Cat Weekend. Coaching staff may think there is a chance for a flip like Perry Thompson last year.

2 hours ago, autan said:

Yes. But so have a couple of others that may be attending Big Cat Weekend. Coaching staff may think there is a chance for a flip like Perry Thompson last year.

The only downside is you potentially have someone working against you in your own event.  I guess they keep a close eye out for that, but I’d hate to see a kid that’s a lean to another school recruiting against us at Big Cat. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, gctiger said:

I thought that event was known as Tiger Prowl.

It was. It also was parlayed with their other created event, Big Cat Weekend. Point being…Chiz’ staff invented both events.

They both were revolutionary thinking outside the box to combat the blatant cheating in T-Town that Mark Emmert allowed to continue.

It’s no coincidence Emmert and Saban retired nearly simultaneously. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

It was. It also was parlayed with their other created event, Big Cat Weekend. Point being…Chiz’ staff invented both events.

They both were revolutionary thinking outside the box to combat the blatant cheating in T-Town that Mark Emmert allowed to continue.

It’s no coincidence Emmert and Saban retired nearly simultaneously. 

100%

• Love 1

Here's what I've been able to piece together thus far. Anyone got info to expand this list that's not behind a paywall? 

• 4-star CB Blake Woodby | Auburn Lean
  • 4-star S Anquon Fegans | Auburn Lean
  • 5-star EDGE Jared Smith | Auburn Lean but rumor is he's visiting Big Cat & Ole Miss this weekend? 
  • 4-star LB Tyler Lockhart | MS State lean; former commit
  • 4-star RB Ousmane Kromah | AU vs. FSU battle
  • 3-star WR Sam Turner | Ga Tech Commit
  • 4-star RB Shekai Mills Knight | Ole Miss Lean
  • 4-star WR Derick Smith | Bama Commit
  • Most or all of our current commits
  • 1 QB - TBD between Deuce, KJ, and Ju Ju. Or "Walker White and a transfer or bust" if those 3 no-show.
  • Unknowns, but it wouldn't be a huge surprise if they show up: 
    • Malachi Goodman
    • A. Babalola
    • Zavion Hardy
    • Walter Mathis
    • Christian Jones
    • Logan Anderson
    • Travis Smith - Tenn commit
    • Zion Grady - Ohio St. commit
    • Na'eem Offord - Ohio St. commit
    • Duke Johnson - Bama commit
    • Jaden Perlotte - GA commit, but Tenn lean? 

• S. Toodle,
  • H. Harris,  
  • Ryder Lyons, five-star from Folsom, California; No. 3 quarterback in the 2026 recruiting class -visiting day after Big Cat
  • Vodney Cleveland
  • Jaquez Wilkes
  • Zyan Gibson
  • Xavier Tiller
  • JaMichael Garrett
  • Jordan Carter
  • Anthony Jones
  • Zelus Hicks
Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the list Hap. I've heard that the official list may be made public tomorrow. Who knows? I'm not that interested in 2026. That list could be completely different a year from now. But I am curious about the 2025 unknowns. Are they recruits you would like to see come to Big Cat or have you heard from insider sources that they may show up? I hope they do. WDE Big Cats!!