Review of trump speech

He came across very soft and primarily stayed there. Gone, seems to be the back bench rock thrower. No real raw meat and not much to criticize. Unity? I am not sure but he was at least not bomb throwing. Probably the least fiery speech ever for a nominee that I can remember.

Thoughts?

Worn out after Hulk Hogan, Kid Rock, etc. Thought he went on to long replaying Saturday. Good to see him honor the casualty and note the injured. Called it a night after that.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

He came across very soft and primarily stayed there. Gone, seems to be the back bench rock thrower. No real raw meat and not much to criticize. Unity? I am not sure but he was at least not bomb throwing. Probably the least fiery speech ever for a nominee that I can remember.

Thoughts?

His handlers believe (as do I) that he is ahead, and will win if:

1. He doesn't make any big mistakes or gambles.

2. Biden stays in the race.

Right now, it's Trump's election to lose.  They will play it safe and as middle-of-the road as Trump will let them.

IMHO.

• Like 1

Planned or no, Trump seemed a little retrospective ot he attempt on his life and used that to talk in a different tone.  Whether that lasts beyond last night is hard to tell.  Usually as time passes, bullet proof Don may show up again and it definitely will show up in Biden is not the nominee.

I did enjoy feasting on the red meat leading up to his speech.  Somewhat refreshing after 4 years of ho-hum plodding of a senile old man.  We still have 4 Americans held hostage by Hamas if they are still alive.

49 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

His handlers believe (as do I) that he is ahead, and will win if:

1. He doesn't make any big mistakes or gambles.

2. Biden stays in the race.

Right now, it's Trump's election to lose.  They will play it safe and as middle-of-the road as Trump will let them.

IMHO.

Kind of my thinking too. The only real damage that can fall on him is probably self inflicted. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Kind of my thinking too. The only real damage that can fall on him is probably self inflicted. 

He is the epitome and master at self inflicting problems. Has a lead now but in all likelihood will end up reminiscent of Curley Hallman ala interception game.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

He is the epitome and master at self inflicting problems. Has a lead now but in all likelihood will end up reminiscent of Curley Hallman ala interception game.

He normally rambles but last night was looooong, passive, and mostly retread comments. Took effort to watch.

However, given what he’s been through he gets a pass. Just an odd time to imo lay an egg.

Long. Too long. Boring. He sucks as a speaker. Absolutely cannot stay on script. Like natl above, I do give him a bit of a pass given recent events, but the bottom line is he cannot deliver a speech in an effective manner. You've got inflation, border and foreign policy issues on a silver platter and just can't deliver. Should have been the unity start, then highlighting the above issues without going off script, concluding with more unity. I'd give it a D.  

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Planned or no, Trump seemed a little retrospective ot he attempt on his life and used that to talk in a different tone.  Whether that lasts beyond last night is hard to tell.  Usually as time passes, bullet proof Don may show up again and it definitely will show up in Biden is not the nominee.

I did enjoy feasting on the red meat leading up to his speech.  Somewhat refreshing after 4 years of ho-hum plodding of a senile old man.  We still have 4 Americans held hostage by Hamas if they are still alive.

He did make at least 20 different claims about his administration that were not accurate.  Call them lies or call them "just things that Trump says"  it is all the same.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2024/jul/19/trump-fact-check-2024-rnc/

19 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He did make at least 20 different claims about his administration that were not accurate.  Call them lies or call them "just things that Trump says"  it is all the same.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2024/jul/19/trump-fact-check-2024-rnc/

Thanks 93. Was curious about the ear bleeding. 

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter. We’re in a world of hurt after 8 years of spinning heads and massive pendulum swings, Covid and a leader who doesn’t know what he’s doing or where he’s at half the time. Shameful