GOP running wrong candidate

Are you serious?  Take a look at the female SS agents that were protecting Trump during the rally.  Some of them were masculine looking, but when push came to shove their character came out.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Are you serious?  Take a look at the female SS agents that were protecting Trump during the rally.  Some of them were masculine looking, but when push came to shove their character came out.

Ahh there it is!

Ok I’m done here. Good talk, brother.

• Haha 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ahh there it is!

Ok I’m done here. Good talk, brother.

No rebuttal.  Do you honestly believe every person can do some job they are not suited for just because of in their head they believe they can? Life is harsh, like I said earlier, grow a pair.

Do you honestly believe every person can do some job they are not suited for just because of in their head they believe they can?

You did 20 mins ago…

IMG_1091.thumb.jpeg.f14218d56dfbf5e248eed354b92f68dc.jpeg

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You did 20 mins ago…

IMG_1091.thumb.jpeg.f14218d56dfbf5e248eed354b92f68dc.jpeg

There is a difference between what you think you are and what a job requires.  Your daughter will determine if she is masculine or feminine, if masculine and she decides to get a job that requires masculine skills, she will have to prove herself and that is where the life decision will come in.  It will not be up to her if she can perform that masculine function or not, it will be whoever determines if he is masculine enough.

The SS Director wanted 30% of the agents to be female whether they could handle the job or not.  Is that a good thing?  In the SS I don’t think so.

There are women that I would not want to take on as seen in the MMA arena.  Of course, when faced with a man the believes he is a woman, the man can break her skull and it has happened.

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

My God what a thread. There really is no bottom. 

Reality sucks.

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is a difference between what you think you are and what a job requires.  Your daughter will determine if she is masculine or feminine, if masculine and she decides to get a job that requires masculine skills, she will have to prove herself and that is where the life decision will come in.  It will not be up to her if she can perform that masculine function or not, it will be whoever determines if he is masculine enough.

The SS Director wanted 30% of the agents to be female whether they could handle the job or not.  Is that a good thing?  In the SS I don’t think so.

There are women that I would not want to take on as seen in the MMA arena.  Of course, when faced with a man the believes he is a woman, the man can break her skull and it has happened.

So specifically, what traits do you see in femininity that tell you that they can’t run a country? 

Also, what does that say about all the male secret service agents that dropped the ball on Saturday? Are they all feminine?

So far, I’ve got that society should tell a feminine little girl that she can’t not only be President, but she can’t even be one of the president’s guards. And the excuse is “reality sucks”.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Reality sucks.

The reality is a guy who slapped his wife in the face twice last year was the final speaker before Trump at the RNC.

And you're worried that Biden has made us too feminine. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cbo said:

The reality is a guy who slapped his wife in the face twice last year was the final speaker before Trump at the RNC.

And you're worried that Biden has made us too feminine. 

You know as well as I that I am not talking about toxic masculinity.  Get real.

55 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So specifically, what traits do you see in femininity that tell you that they can’t run a country? 

Also, what does that say about all the male secret service agents that dropped the ball on Saturday? Are they all feminine?

So far, I’ve got that society should tell a feminine little girl that she can’t not only be President, but she can’t even be one of the president’s guards. And the excuse is “reality sucks”.

I didn’t say or imply that, I said masculinity is required to run the country.  There have been female leaders that know how to use the masculine people in their charge to run a country just fine.  Back it down a little.

The SS agents that dropped that ball were in the planning and securing of the event and I hope they are dealt with no matter if they were male or female.

You really need to read better.  Why would you tell your daughter she could not be president some day?

Again, I am not talking about toxic masculinity that has been bashed to the point not that masculinity is now taboo.  I’m talking about masculinity that you and I both possess.

I don’t know about you, but as I was growing up the competition for any particular sport got tougher as I got older and the realization I had of being a professional athlete was completely gone by the time I got out of high school.  A 6’ 1” 146lbs player was not high on anybodies list, so reality really sucks.

As your daughter grows (and you son too) they will have to make decisions about their future and realize what they are good at does not match what their father may desire them to be.  Their interests may change a million times in a few years.  When dreams come crushing down it really does suck, but new ones always appear.

Would you tell a feminine little girl to throw away her femininity and be masculine?  Or let them develp into who they are?  Her path forward is full of potential, let her find her way.

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I didn’t say or imply that, I said masculinity is required to run the country.  There have been female leaders that know how to use the masculine people in their charge to run a country just fine.  Back it down a little.

The SS agents that dropped that ball were in the planning and securing of the event and I hope they are dealt with no matter if they were male or female.

You really need to read better.  Why would you tell your daughter she could not be president some day?

Again, I am not talking about toxic masculinity that has been bashed to the point not that masculinity is now taboo.  I’m talking about masculinity that you and I both possess.

I don’t know about you, but as I was growing up the competition for any particular sport got tougher as I got older and the realization I had of being a professional athlete was completely gone by the time I got out of high school.  A 6’ 1” 146lbs player was not high on anybodies list, so reality really sucks.

As your daughter grows (and you son too) they will have to make decisions about their future and realize what they are good at does not match what their father may desire them to be.  Their interests may change a million times in a few years.  When dreams come crushing down it really does suck, but new ones always appear.

Would you tell a feminine little girl to throw away her femininity and be masculine?  Or let them develp into who they are?  Her path forward is full of potential, let her find her way.

This discussion is going nowhere my friend, and I’m beginning to think that you don’t even know what you’re trying to say. Sounds like you’re trying to figure some things out. Let’s table this discussion until you can figure out what you think masculinity and femininity are and what each is capable of job wise.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This discussion is going nowhere my friend, and I’m beginning to think that you don’t even know what you’re trying to say. Sounds like you’re trying to figure some things out. Let’s table this discussion until you can figure out what you think masculinity and femininity are and what each is capable of job wise.

I know exactly what I mean, you just jump on anything that is not woke as a threat.  You mentioned in another thread that you liked Gavin Newsom and that tells me a lot.  He just signed a bill in California to keep school teachers from divulging the student’s gender to there parents.

31 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I know exactly what I mean, you just jump on anything that is not woke as a threat.  You mentioned in another thread that you liked Gavin Newsom and that tells me a lot.  He just signed a bill in California to keep school teachers from divulging the student’s gender to there parents.

Good for him. If I child tells their teacher something in confidence that isn’t a danger to themselves or their classmates, but could get them abused by their parents, that would be a mighty useful law. Do you not agree. 

Your tone is getting a little nasty here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Good for him. If I child tells their teacher something in confidence that isn’t a danger to themselves or their classmates, but could get them abused by their parents, that would be a mighty useful law. Do you not agree. 

Your tone is getting a little nasty here. 

No, I do not agree.  It would be giving up your right as a parent to you own child.  A parent’s job is to guide their children, not turn that over to the school or *the state*.

I’m getting nasty? 

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 2

No, I do not agree.  It would be giving up your right as a parent to you own child.  A parent’s job is to guide their children, not turn that over to the school or *the state*.

I’m getting nasty? 

Giving up the right to your child huh. I’m guessing you are guessing that you have a right to every single piece of information your child has in their head. 

I got news for you, pal. If a kid has more comfort confiding in their teachers than in their parent, the parent is failure as a parent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Giving up the right to your child huh. I’m guessing you are guessing that you have a right to every single piece of information your child has in their head. 

I got news for you, pal. If a kid has more comfort confiding in their teachers than in their parent, the parent is failure as a parent. 

Why is it automatically assumed telling the parent is harmful to the child?  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why is it automatically assumed telling the parent is harmful to the child?  

It’s not automatically assumed. But it’s a law put in place in case it is. I’d hate to see the opposite law be in place and a kid mentions something to a teacher, the teacher tells the parents, and the child is harmed. No parent has a right to know how their child is feeling at any given time. And some children don’t have anyone else they can confide in that they trust.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It’s not automatically assumed. But it’s a law put in place in case it is. I’d hate to see the opposite law be in place and a kid mentions something to a teacher, the teacher tells the parents, and the child is harmed. No parent has a right to know how their child is feeling at any given time. And some children don’t have anyone else they can confide in that they trust.

The law does automatically assume the parents are not to be trusted.  Early on in the discussion of transgender…or excuse me…gender affirming care, the state outlawed *conversion therapy* as the first step.  This law is just an extension of this, only official.  The premise is the gender confused should not be subjected to a person that would not affirm their affliction and the parents would not be a *trusted* person.

The law does automatically assume the parents are not to be trusted.  Early on in the discussion of transgender…or excuse me…gender affirming care, the state outlawed *conversion therapy* as the first step.  This law is just an extension of this, only official.  The premise is the gender confused should not be subjected to a person that would not affirm their affliction and the parents would not be a *trusted* person.

Man, it’s apparent that we have fundamental differences in this stuff, so there really is no point in us arguing about it. Let’s just agree to disagree and move on to bigger better things. 

• Like 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Man, it’s apparent that we have fundamental differences in this stuff, so there really is no point in us arguing about it. Let’s just agree to disagree and move on to bigger better things. 

Like I said before…generational differences.

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Spoken like the liberal alpha male you are.

3 hours ago, cbo said:

My God what a thread. There really is no bottom. 

Exactly why I ignore IM4 - why debate a crazy person?

I can't believe anyone else bothers to try.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The only thing I see wrong in this case you presented is the student is confiding in someone that cannot offer any help other than listening. They can't offer any medical advice because that would be outside their scope and expertise. However, on the flip side, the parents can provide help, as in medical help if needed covered under their insurance, but only if they are aware of their child's needs. 

• Like 1