GOP running wrong candidate

It shows that the whole thing, “politics “ is theatrical nonsense.    Everyone, and I mean everyone, will say whatever it takes to get a vote.   

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The closing lineup was just about the most surreal, insane thing I’ve seen. I tuned in and saw Hulk up there cutting a promo, and immediately turned it off.

But you know me, I like to torment myself. So I turned it right back on stayed for him, Eric, Franklin Graham, Dana Domestic Violence White, and of course the big baboon himself.

Little did I know that Trump would ramble on and on and on…..and make those other 3 freak shows look like Barack Obama level speakers.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The closing lineup was just about the most surreal, insane thing I’ve seen. I tuned in and saw Hulk up there cutting a promo, and immediately turned it off.

But you know me, I like to torment myself. So I turned it right back on stayed for him, Eric, Franklin Graham, Dana Domestic Violence White, and of course the big baboon himself.

Little did I know that Trump would ramble on and on and on…..and make those other 3 freak shows look like Barack Obama level speakers.

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I refuse to believe that you found that speech inspiring and hopeful. You’ll never convince me of that. 

Sidenote, I clicked on that tweet and scrolled through Kangmin Lee’s twitter…..Is this the stuff you’re reading on the daily?😂

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I refuse to believe that you found that speech inspiring and hopeful. You’ll never convince me of that. 

Sidenote, I clicked on that tweet and scrolled through Kangmin Lee’s twitter…..Is this the stuff you’re reading on the daily?😂

I used to believe a man could not be so feminine until Joe took the helm.  Not that I believe it now, but in some people’s mind it is possible.  I did find it hopeful.  A lot of things need to be corrected after Joe is gone.  It was a good list.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I used to believe a man could not be so feminine until Joe took the helm.  Not that I believe it now, but in some people’s mind it is possible.  I did find it hopeful.  A lot of things need to be corrected after Joe is gone.  It was a good list.

Curiosity is getting the best of me. What do you mean by so feminine. What about Joe Biden is feminine. Also, why are you using femininity to attack a person as not being capable? I’m not trying to argue or anything I’m genuinely curious how your mind works. 

36 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Curiosity is getting the best of me. What do you mean by so feminine. What about Joe Biden is feminine. Also, why are you using femininity to attack a person as not being capable? I’m not trying to argue or anything I’m genuinely curious how your mind works. 

You seemed to not enjoy the red meat speeches before Trump’s acceptance speech.  That, I believe, could only come after 4 years of Biden’s leadership and displaying his weakness on the world stage.  Not to mention people totally giving Biden a pass on his mental state.  Some have rejected masculinity as a strength that this country has lacked for some time.  People who saw last night as revolting would fall in a category of a liberal woman, or feminine.  Therefore, grow a pair.

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You seemed to not enjoy the red meat speeches before Trump’s acceptance speech.  That, I believe, could only come after 4 years of Biden’s leadership and displaying his weakness on the world stage.  Not to mention people totally giving Biden a pass on his mental state.  Some have rejected masculinity as a strength that this country has lacked for some time.  People who saw last night as revolting would fall in a category of a liberal woman, or feminine.  Therefore, grow a pair.

Oh wow. Your response delivered way more than I could have ever imagined. I never would have thought that Hulk Hogan, Dana White, Eric Trump, and Franklin Graham held so much esteem for guys like you. I apologize for offending your male role models.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ok that caught me off guard. You see trump as masculine and Biden as feminine? Well I guess if dementia is feminine I see your point on Biden.

But seriously - in what way is Trump masculine any more than any sales guy? Let’s be honest -  just listen to him, Trump is not a smart guy. Was never a smart guy (even in college he needed Dad favors to get accepted and his intellect was teased). So is dumb now masculine?

https://studyinternational.com/news/trump-student-wharton/

29 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ok that caught me off guard. You see trump as masculine and Biden as feminine? Well I guess if dementia is feminine I see your point on Biden.

But seriously - in what way is Trump masculine any more than any sales guy? Let’s be honest -  just listen to him, Trump is not a smart guy. Was never a smart guy (even in college he needed Dad favors to get accepted and his intellect was teased). So is dumb now masculine?

https://studyinternational.com/news/trump-student-wharton/

I didn’t say Biden was feminine, I said because of his *leadership* he has created men that are feminine.  He is weak and has promoted people based on skin color and gender rather than merit.  He has made masculinity into something that isn’t needed to run the country.  If you believe these issues are the right way to go, please explain it to me.

Biden has shown he is an empty suit that has gone along to get along.  He buckled under (supposedly) to the woke by selecting Kamala Harris as his VP and yet reports are swirling around that he will not endorse her if he steps down.  What a clown show.  Show me where Biden is strong and backs up what he believes.

As to Trump’s show of masculinity; did you see the videos of him being shot and standing right up and shaking his fist as he yells *fight, fight, fight*?  Look at it and try to see if you could put yourself in his position and do the same thing.

Are you the same just after college as you are now?  Or have you expanded your knowledge and how to react to situations because of life experiences?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh wow. Your response delivered way more than I could have ever imagined. I never would have thought that Hulk Hogan, Dana White, Eric Trump, and Franklin Graham held so much esteem for guys like you. I apologize for offending your male role models.

No problem, I like to shock the brain sometimes.  I find it interesting that you don’t thing people like Hulk Hogan and Dana White hold esteem from you.  I have noticed you have posted in the Pro Wrestling thread along with a lot of other famous lefties on this forum.

I guess we are all complicated.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I didn’t say Biden was feminine, I said because of his *leadership* he has created men that are feminine.  He is weak and has promoted people based on skin color and gender rather than merit.  He has made masculinity into something that isn’t needed to run the country.  If you believe these issues are the right way to go, please explain it to me.

Biden has shown he is an empty suit that has gone along to get along.  He buckled under (supposedly) to the woke by selecting Kamala Harris as his VP and yet reports are swirling around that he will not endorse her if he steps down.  What a clown show.  Show me where Biden is strong and backs up what he believes.

As to Trump’s show of masculinity; did you see the videos of him being shot and standing right up and shaking his fist as he yells *fight, fight, fight*?  Look at it and try to see if you could put yourself in his position and do the same thing.

Are you the same just after college as you are now?  Or have you expanded your knowledge and how to react to situations because of life experiences?

Again, what happened was horrific but dear lord his ear got friggin nicked. Compare that to McCain - who maga despised. 4 years of torture. Their names shouldn’t be in the same paragraph.

I agree that he didn’t get in the fetal position and start crying - but the bar for true “masculinity” and bravery has gotten alot lower recently.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Again, what happened was horrific but dear lord his ear got friggin nicked. Compare that to McCain - who maga despised. 4 years of torture. Their names shouldn’t be in the same paragraph.

I agree that he didn’t get in the fetal position and start crying - but the bar for true “masculinity” and bravery has gotten alot lower recently.

McCain rode his experience to a high level and was rewarded for his bravery.  Why would anybody compare the two?  And who said their names in the same paragraph other than you?

The appropriate comparison should be between Trump and Biden for masculinity and which one is more capable to lead.  There is no comparison.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No problem, I like to shock the brain sometimes.  I find it interesting that you don’t thing people like Hulk Hogan and Dana White hold esteem from you.  I have noticed you have posted in the Pro Wrestling thread along with a lot of other famous lefties on this forum.

I guess we are all complicated.

Man, that’s such a simpleton a** take on the intricacies of people. I’m entertained by pro wrestling, yes. But that doesn’t define your masculinity or femininity. It’s television. I’m a lefty. I’ll proudly stand behind that. But I’m also a father to a to a 4 year old son and 2 year old little girl, a husband, a sports lover, and a war veteran.

I don’t subscribe to the idea that you have to be a violent, racist, misogynist to be a man. Maybe you do.

My masculinity is tied up in being a good father, and making sure my children grow up to calm, tolerant, understanding, valuable members of society. And being a safe ally for the people in this world who are marginalized and treat cruelly.

Yours is obviously tied up in being a bald guy with a fu Manchu. You see masculinity as a surface level trait. Dana White is on video slapping his wife across the face. Such a strong masculine influence!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

a war veteran.

Thanks for your service.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t subscribe to the idea that you have to be a violent, racist, misogynist to be a man. Maybe you do.

No, I do not believe this.

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

My masculinity is tied up in being a good father, and making sure my children grow up to calm, tolerant, understanding, valuable members of society.

Good for you.  I’m a father of 3 that have grown up in the manner you have stated.  Married 50 years to a woman I met at Auburn.  I have been blessed.

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yours is obviously tied up in being a bald guy with a fu Manchu. You see masculinity as a surface level trait. Dana White is on video slapping his wife across the face. Such a strong masculine influence!

No, it is not obviously tied to Hulk Hoggan and/or Dana White.  What they said during last night’s speech reflects a positive for Trump.  It really doesn’t go any deeper than that.

You and I are not really that different in our lives other than generational.  

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You and I are not really that different in our lives other than generational.  

I’m glad you can see that. Because honestly you come across as a guy that defines a man or woman by who they vote for. I don’t know whether my 2 year old daughter will grow up to be a ballerina or a cage fighter. But I’ll never tell her that she can’t be successful at what she does because she’s too feminine or masculine.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Some of you get so bent over social issues that you are blind to who people are.  Joe Biden isn't perfect, but he is unquestionably a man of faith who has experienced great loss and overcome mountains of grief all while being married to a terrific woman, who raised his two boys as her own.  The hatred isn't healthy and it isn't even based on anything real.  He has never claimed to be without sin and never looked for a trophy wife.  If that is weakness and a lack of values, I am totally confused.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m glad you can see that. Because honestly you come across as a guy that defines a man or woman by who they vote for. I don’t know whether my 2 year old daughter will grow up to be a ballerina or a cage fighter. But I’ll never tell her that she can’t be successful at what she does because she’s too feminine or masculine.

Well that is a good way to be.  She will determine who she will be whether she is feminine or masculine.

58 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t subscribe to the idea that you have to be a violent, racist, misogynist to be a man

Nobody else does either

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well that is a good way to be.  She will determine who she will be whether she is feminine or masculine.

Then what the hell does this mean? You’re contradicting yourself here. 

IMG_1090.jpeg

16 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Nobody else does either

This whole discussion is being had, because he thinks that if you weren’t hyped up by Dana White (Violent) and Hulk Hogan (Rascist) then you aren’t masculine. 

And are you honestly going to sit here and say that no other guy in the world believes violence, racism, and misogyny are masculine traits? You’re dying on that hill?

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Facepalm 2