Pelosi doesn’t play

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Wouldn’t know that from the firehose of bull**** you’re pouring out. 

I just think the Dems have lied to the American people about Joe’s condition until they couldn’t lie any more.  I really should celebrate the outing of the Dems, but they take it as badge of honor.  Go figure.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I just think the Dems have lied to the American people about Joe’s condition until they couldn’t lie any more.  I really should celebrate the outing of the Dems, but they take it as badge of honor.  Go figure.

The irony….

The guy who talks about lying and the sacred democratic process is going to the ballot box and voting for…..checks notes…..a pathological liar who tried to overturn an election. Ffs man, do you not see the irony?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Sure.   Whatever you say.    Love the analogy of going back to Jim Crow laws.   Right on point.   Que racist comment in  3, 2, 1.   It’s the left’s go to move.   

Deny it all you want and cling to tradition, but  - just like the electoral college - it's part of our history.  Both need to  change.

And alluding to it is not a "racist comment". :-\   That's rather stupid. Desperately and pitifully stupid.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Deny it all you want and cling to tradition, but  - just like the electoral college - it's part of our history.  Both need to  change.

And alluding to it is not a "racist comment". :-\   That's rather stupid. Desperately and pitifully stupid.

In your warped mind it’s not, but it’s exactly that.   Why else would you say it.    It has nothing to do with how people are elected.   It is desperate and pitifully stupid on your part.  

On 7/23/2024 at 6:44 PM, aubaseball said:

In your warped mind it’s not, but it’s exactly that.   Why else would you say it.    It has nothing to do with how people are elected.   It is desperate and pitifully stupid on your part.  

Well, occasional stupidity is not unknown in my life, I'll admit to that.

Otherwise, name-calling aside, I hold to everything I wrote.

Tradition is not the "be-all" in assessing current policy.  Changing it is often necessary to progress as a society - as our history actually - you know - demonstrates.

I also stand by my using as an example civil rights. It actually happened because it was needed.  

Hell I witnessed it.

Your playing the "race card" for providing that sincere, real example is infantile thinking. 

In fact, that illustrates racial thinking much more  than alluding to it as an obvious example of righting a "traditional' wrong.

In fact, I am perhaps making an unfounded assumption that you agree that passing civil rights legislation does represent progress.

Edited by homersapien

On 7/22/2024 at 6:16 PM, JMWATS said:

J6 was a "mostly peaceful" protest along the lines of the one in Kenosha.   https://thehill.com/homenews/media/513902-cnn-ridiculed-for-fiery-but-mostly-peaceful-caption-with-video-of-burning/

Huh, those were two separate events. :-\

Well, at least with IM_4 always lurking, you can expect at least one "like" for such a mindless post.

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, occasional stupidity is not unknown in my life, I'll admit to that.

Otherwise, name-calling aside, I hold to everything I wrote.

Tradition is not the "be-all" in assessing current policy.  Changing it is often necessary to progress as a society - as our history actually - you know - demonstrates.

I also stand by my using as an example civil rights. It actually happened because it was needed.  

Hell I witnessed it.

Your playing the "race card" for providing that sincere, real example is infantile thinking. 

In fact, that illustrates racial thinking much more  than alluding to it as an obvious example of righting a "traditional' wrong.

In fact, I am perhaps making an unfounded assumption that you agree that passing civil rights legislation does represent progress.

The passing of any legislation that rights a wrong is always a step in a more perfect union as the forefathers expressed.   
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with the how the election is currently conducted.   I’m not the one that brings race into the equation.   Just flip on any news source, any, and race is in conversation regarding the Republicans.   

14 hours ago, aubaseball said:

The passing of any legislation that rights a wrong is always a step in a more perfect union as the forefathers expressed.   
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with the how the election is currently conducted.   I’m not the one that brings race into the equation.   Just flip on any news source, any, and race is in conversation regarding the Republicans.   

Again, using the civil rights movement as an obvious example of improving the country by changing the laws is not bringing "race" into the "equation" (discussion). And again, to think that way is a little racist in itself.

Next time I'll use women's suffrage. You don't have a problem with feminism do you?  :-\

And of course you have no problem with the way our elections are now held. Republicans keep winning with a minority of votes. 

As a a result potential legislation that the majority of the American people support, doesn't get considered.  And other laws that the majority of Americans opposed get passed. 

That's a little hard to explain to the rest of the world who (used to) consider us the global standard of democratic governments. 

Hell, we'd be better off switching to a parliamentary system of government.  Seriously.

Edited by homersapien

25 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Again, using the civil rights movement as an obvious example of improving the country by changing the laws is not bringing "race" into the "equation" (discussion). And again, to think that way is a little racist in itself.

Next time I'll use women's suffrage. You don't have a problem with feminism do you?  :-\

And of course you have no pr oblem with the way our elections are now held. Republicans keep winning with a minority of votes. 

As a a result potential legislation that the majority of the American people support, doesn't get considered.  And other laws that the majority of Americans opposed get passed. 

That's a little hard to explain to the rest of the world who (used to) consider us the global standard of democratic governments. 

Hell, we'd be better off switching to a parliamentary system of government.  Seriously.

It doesn’t matter what I think, I’m pretty sure that you just assume the worst of anyone that doesn’t think along your lines.   At least that’s how it comes across on this forum.  

13 hours ago, aubaseball said:

It doesn’t matter what I think, I’m pretty sure that you just assume the worst of anyone that doesn’t think along your lines.   At least that’s how it comes across on this forum.  

I try not to assume motives. I simply react to posts, which are what they are. 

You wrote that I introduced "racism" to the discussion simply because I (arbitrarily) used civil rights as an example of how "tradition" can be bad and should be changed.  That's preposterous.

I regret that makes you feel bad but that's not really my problem. I am not obligated to accept whatever you write about me. And you can always ignore me.

Have a good day and War Eagle.

Edited by homersapien