Pelosi doesn’t play

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

IMG_3419.jpeg

There are few people alive with Pelosi’s political acumen. If she’s telling him to drop out, she’s got good reason. Time to see how bull headed and stubborn he is. There are indications that he’s starting to come around to the idea. 

Harris/Newsom 24 is my prediction

Its going to be funny if the Dems pull the switcharoo after the GFP has spent an entire convention sh*t talking Biden.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There are few people alive with Pelosi’s political acumen. If she’s telling him to drop out, she’s got good reason. Time to see how bull headed and stubborn he is. There are indications that he’s starting to come around to the idea. 

Harris/Newsom 24 is my prediction

Its going to be funny if the Dems pull the switcharoo after the GFP has spent an entire convention sh*t talking Biden.

I’d say Harris/Cooper or Harris/Shapiro. I’d like Whitmer/Jeffries.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’d say Harris/Cooper or Harris/Shapiro. I’d like Whitmer/Jeffries.

I’m a big Gavin Newsom fan. I think he has Obama like communication abilities. Whitmer/Shapiro would be a tough ticket. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m a big Gavin Newsom fan. I think he has Obama like communication abilities. Whitmer/Shapiro would be a tough ticket. 

He’s skilled, no doubt. Just question how he plays in Peoria. And I can’t fathom his first wife.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He’s skilled, no doubt. Just question how he plays in Peoria. And I can’t fathom his first wife.

They definitely need to be strategic about who they choose for the ticket. Looking more a more like Bobby Kennedy ran a rat **** campaign with Trump to siphon votes from Biden. So we probably can’t count on his voters.

If the calculation is to make a win in November as likely as possible, they need to run a more moderate candidate at the top of the ticket.  I just don't believe that Harris can win the swing states.  Without Georgia and Arizona, she would have to win Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania & Nevada.  How confident is anyone in her ability to do that?  Trump won't debate again if his opponent is anyone other than Biden.  He may not do it then.  If Democrats are more concerned with not hurting any one group's feelings and thereby handing it immediately to Harris, they should prepare to lose in November.

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

If the calculation is to make a win in November as likely as possible, they need to run a more moderate candidate at the top of the ticket.  I just don't believe that Harris can win the swing states.  Without Georgia and Arizona, she would have to win Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania & Nevada.  How confident is anyone in her ability to do that?  Trump won't debate again if his opponent is anyone other than Biden.  He may not do it then.  If Democrats are more concerned with not hurting any one group's feelings and thereby handing it immediately to Harris, they should prepare to lose in November.

While I’m not thrilled with her, she’s shown more lately and will get another look from swing voters. She’s not that left wing— she was a law and order prosecutor. I don’t think we can necessarily say how she will do at this point. Cooper as VP might put NC in play. That said, I’d prefer Cooper or Beshear at the top of the ticket. 

• Like 1

Pelosi and many, many others is right. Joe needs to do the right thing (for him and this nation) and step aside. Hopefully this week. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

How can the Dems select (not elect) anyone else other that Kamala.  Their whole platform is based on the woke agenda and identity politics?  The whole thing would unravel and they would (or should) be called out for the hypocrites they are.  No problem with Kamala, though, as long as people in the media pronounce her name correctly, she will win in a landslide.

19 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m a big Gavin Newsom fan.

I wish a mutha would

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

How can the Dems select (not elect) anyone else other that Kamala.  Their whole platform is based on the woke agenda and identity politics?  The whole thing would unravel and they would (or should) be called out for the hypocrites they are.  No problem with Kamala, though, as long as people in the media pronounce her name correctly, she will win in a landslide.

You have convinced yourself, with the help of your daily entertainment, that your second sentence is true.  It isn't.  Nonetheless, have fun.  The entire reason we cannot get anything done in this country is the attitude that screams disrespect.  Today's Republican party pushes that more than any group in history.  Russia and other countries only have to stoke the useless in fighting and you all run into their arms.

Edited by AU9377
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You have convinced yourself, with the help of your daily entertainment, that your second sentence is true.  It isn't.  Nonetheless, have fun.  The entire reason we cannot get anything done in this country is the attitude that screams disrespect.  Today's Republican party pushes that more than any group in history.  Russia and other countries only have to stoke the useless in fighting and you all run into their arms.

I’m sorry; which party is saying this election might be the last one in American history because if Trump is elected it will kill democracy and he will never leave the White House?  Give me a break.

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

IMG_3502.jpeg

KD2SD = Kill Democracy to Save Democracy. No body better at that then Nancy.

• Love 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

KD2SD = Kill Democracy to Save Democracy. No body better at that then Nancy.

You’re a psycho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

You’re a psycho.

How many Americans will have voted to put whoever the Democrat nominee will be as that nominee?  It will only be the elites of the *Party*.  Is that democracy?

34 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How many Americans will have voted to put whoever the Democrat nominee will be as that nominee?  It will only be the elites of the *Party*.  Is that democracy?

They voted for this team, genius. Voters are celebrating, not rioting. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

They don’t understand the concept of a ticket. Lol. The big rebuttal is “you would have voted for Biden even if Harris wasn’t on the ticket”.

Yea that’s logic checks out. It a bold strategy for the party of election denial to cry undemocratic. Let’s see how it works.

image.gif.34dc1d8219ef59958bd4181f732547cd.gif

Edited by AuCivilEng1

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The voters voted for Biden, Biden is now out, they should have a say, but won’t.  That’s the point genius.

45 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The voters voted for Biden, Biden is now out, they should have a say, but won’t.  That’s the point genius.

The irony of your complaints of this process while supporting a man who tried to flush the will of the people down the toilet through illegal means defies description.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

A challenge you to find 5 people who voted for the Biden/Harris ticket who feel wronged that the ticket is now Harris. You guys are reacccccching right now.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why are you more concerned than those of us who voted for Biden? Maybe you’re not the expert on what Biden voters want/think/feel.

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

The irony of your complaints of this process while supporting a man who tried to flush the will of the people down the toilet through illegal means defies description.

You’re blind.  Trump did try to legally challenge the 2020 election and hit dead end after dead end.  He tried a last ditch legal theory that was rebuffed by the VP.  What we are seeing here is a party that knows they can’t win with the sitting president, not because they thing he is senile, but because they believe he is not capable of defending his policies.  That same policies that Harris has endorsed.  Why would they do that?  Does the Democrats that voted for Biden in the primary automatically want Harris as their nominee?

The timeline is constrained and that works just great for the elites of the party as they can now make up their own rules and put whomever they want in power.  

The difference is that Trump might have *tried* to flush the will of the people and failed, while the Dems are flushing the will of the people because there’s just not enough time.  You know, another emergency to cramp down what they want to cram down on the people.