Schiff Warns of Big Democratic Losses With Biden Atop Ticket

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First while I can't guarantee it, I don't recall ever saying that. 

More weaseling. It makes no sense. You know your heart and mind. You know your thoughts. They haven't changed. Just own it.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

More weaseling. It makes no sense. You know your heart and mind. You know your thoughts. They haven't changed. Just own it.

I am not weaseling.  It makes perfect sense. 

Do you have a specific question regarding what I've posted?  Or are have you just fallen back on name calling / poo flinging because you've got nothing?

Do you at least admit Trump asked about using disinfectants internally to combat covid?

Edited by homersapien

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Do you have a specific question regarding what I've posted?  Or are have you just fallen back on name calling / poo flinging because you've got nothing?

Do you at least admit Trump asked about using disinfectants internally to combat covid?

You are and as mentioned, you know your mind, past thoughts on this issue. And while I understand you not going back and searching your archives from 5/6 years ago, it shouldn't be necessary. 

We were talking about lies and I listed several held by the left posted on this forum and in the media in general. They aren't necessary. Just showing the transcript was satisfactory. 

Trump rambled incoherently on the issue that night per usual. He always attempts to be the smartest guy in the room. Typically fails. 

So it seems the smart money is now betting that Biden will get out of the race.  What happens next?  

Open convention with a finger on the scale to make sure Kamala wins?
Cause Kamala needs an open convention win so democrats that have another favorite will fully support her. If the Dems try to muscle Kamala aside to put someone else forward, there probably will be trouble resulting in a fractured party?

After the new President is seated?   Long term assisted living with Corn Pop as a roommate for Ole Joe?

Dr. Jill goes out drinking and dancing every night?

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

You are and as mentioned, you know your mind, past thoughts on this issue. And while I understand you not going back and searching your archives from 5/6 years ago, it shouldn't be necessary. 

We were talking about lies and I listed several held by the left posted on this forum and in the media in general. They aren't necessary. Just showing the transcript was satisfactory. 

Trump rambled incoherently on the issue that night per usual. He always attempts to be the smartest guy in the room. Typically fails. 

Hey 78, It is useless to try to explain this to people that have TDS and when Trump lives rent free in their heads. You, I and most logical folks know what Trump said and what he meant. But people hear what they want to hear. Yeah Trump sounded like an idiot. But, they forget to include a key part of the statements. Trump clearly says "something like." Now I suppose that can be interpreted either something like a disinfectant and one thinks he is referring to a disinfectant. Or that means something that has the same virus killing characteristics as disinfectants. That is how I interpreted it. And his later comments, although weird and all over the place backs this up because he is trying to describe some way to get something in your body that can kill the virus on the spot.....sorta like spraying down a counter and killing germs fast. 

The fact that these folks can't back up what they claim and actively refute actual proof that shows he did not explicitly say to inject/drink a disinfectant is due to their hatred of Trump and nothing will change that. But, I do guess this proves what I said to you earlier that they would dismiss it. They have not presented any proof either. 

But, whatever. If Trump had a press conference about him seeing something in the sky and if he said "something like a ufo" the media would have said Trump believes in aliens and all the cult followers would hear that like a dog whistle and start touting that too. There's no way he would have just said ufo because most people have an idea in their head what a ufo looks like based on pop culture or whatever. 

Anyways, I know how I took what he said at the time and what he clarified afterwards aligned. 

Also, Trump is not my guy so you don't often hear me defending him. He says a lot of off the wall stuff and it still puzzles me that this particular thing they latched on to when there is way more lower hanging fruit. LOL 

Don't let the cult drag you down to their level, they will use their experience to beat you. Just like Biden and his goons beat medicare. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, homersapien said:

19 hours ago, homersapien said:

I wonder what they think about Trump suggesting bleach as a treatment?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Multi-quote not working the best. 

This is just outright lying and denial. But, you Homer are a liar and a weasel, I bet you try to say this isn't what you meant. LOL

AMIRITE!!

I found you saying this in this thread alone. I am confident there are way more instances in the past. 

Edited by wdefromtx

7 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Trump is not my guy so you don't often hear me defending him.

MIne either and I don't consider this defending him. It's simply calling out the unnecessary lies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

So it seems the smart money is now betting that Biden will get out of the race.  What happens next?  

Open convention with a finger on the scale to make sure Kamala wins?
Cause Kamala needs an open convention win so democrats that have another favorite will fully support her. If the Dems try to muscle Kamala aside to put someone else forward, there probably will be trouble resulting in a fractured party?

After the new President is seated?   Long term assisted living with Corn Pop as a roommate for Ole Joe?

Dr. Jill goes out drinking and dancing every night?

Assuming Biden decides/is voluntold to not run, there needs to be at least the impression that there is an open convention with his released delegates.

Lost in the noise here is that Biden is indeed their presumptive nominee based on the primary results (the long-running charade we've been getting about Joe being "sharp, focused, on top of things, etc. combined with the natural reluctance to primary a sitting president (I think 1980 when Ted Kennedy gave Carter a decently strong run and gave the perception of Carter being a weakened candidate scared the DNC off of doing this) has put them in this pickle), and if Harris is just straight out selected without any sort of open process, then that pretty much blows a giant hole in the "the other party is an existential threat to democracy" stance, because you've just set aside what primary voters have decided due to "well, he can't win, so the heck with the primary results" and essentially installed a candidate.  That hardly seems democratic.

If a candidate other than Harris is determined via an open convention, that may be what the DNC would like to see happen. A thumb on the scale to make her the nominee wouldn't be surprising (see Hillary vs. Bernie Sanders in 2016), but we are in some very uncharted waters here.  The LBJ 1968 scenario doesn't really line up, as he announced in late March 1968 that he wasn't going to run again, which let their primary process run its natural course.

This ain't that.

Edited by SLAG-91
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Assuming Biden decides/is voluntold to not run, there needs to be at least the impression that there is an open convention with his released delegates.

Lost in the noise here is that Biden is indeed their presumptive nominee based on the primary results (the long-running charade we've been getting about Joe being "sharp, focused, on top of things, etc. combined with the natural reluctance to primary a sitting president (I think 1980 when Ted Kennedy gave Carter a decently strong run and gave the perception of Carter being a weakened candidate scared the DNC off of doing this) has put them in this pickle), and if Harris is just straight out selected without any sort of open process, then that pretty much blows a giant hole in the "the other party is an existential threat to democracy" stance.  

If a candidate other than Harris is determined via an open convention, that may be what the DNC would like to see happen. A thumb on the scale to make her the nominee wouldn't be surprising (see Bernie Sanders in 2016), but we are in some very uncharted waters here.  The LBJ 1968 scenario doesn't really line up, as he announced in late March 1968 that he wasn't going to run again, which let their primary process run its natural course.

This ain't that.

Good points.  A true "open convention" could work, but it is risky in that some Democratic "camps" with a favored candidate (Representative Clyburn / Congressional Black Caucus) could feel alienated.  

If he gets out of the race I sure will miss Ole Joe. 

The constant stream of gaffes and the stories he told such as the ones about Corn Pop, Truck Driving, and Uncle Boosie were always a fantastic source of entertainment on a damn near daily basis.   

This will be entertaining, not as entertaining as Biden being clueless. 

This is their own fault for being naive and delusional about Biden.  They gaslighted so hard on him I think they fooled themselves. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I told you my "mind".  I knew MAGAs were going to jump on the fact Trump never mentioned the word "drink".  So I avoided using it. 

It's stupidly irrelevant considering what he did say.

Finally, don't accuse me - or anyone for that matter - of lying if you can't produce the lie. It just exposes your lack of character.

Edited by homersapien

17 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I thought that was obvious. Of course, I've seen it. I saw it live. Went straight to Walmart and got a syringe and bleach. ;D

Big Sissy….drank mine straight out of the jug.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Multi-quote not working the best. 

This is just outright lying and denial. But, you Homer are a liar and a weasel, I bet you try to say this isn't what you meant. LOL

AMIRITE!!

I found you saying this in this thread alone. I am confident there are way more instances in the past. 

What's the lie? Again, if you are going to call someone a liar, you need to be able to produce the lie.  Otherwise, you are just name calling.

Didn't Trump suggest disinfectants - such as bleach - as a possible treatment for Covid, or did he not?? 

Yes he did.

(Presumably whether to drink or inject it is up to you, since he didn't specify.) 

Edited by homersapien

15 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Big Sissy….drank mine straight out of the jug.

You apparently had company:

https://www.poison.med.wayne.edu/updates-content/kstytapp2qfstf0pkacdxmz943u1hs

At least 5 states report an increase in calls to poison control after Trump’s ‘disinfectant’ COVID-19 remarks

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional/men-drink-disinfectants-attempts-stop-coronavirus/uRsz2zLLhpqqOX2SjpEfjL/

Georgia men drink disinfectants in attempts to stop coronavirus

19 hours ago, homersapien said:

I told you my "mind".  I knew MAGAs were going to jump on the fact Trump never mentioned the word "drink".  So I avoided using it. 

It's stupidly irrelevant considering what he did say.

Finally, don't accuse me - or anyone for that matter - of lying if you can't produce the lie. It just exposes your lack of character.

I'm not MAGA and I don't care whether you say "drink" or "ingest" or simply misrepresent what happened during that speech. It's not necessary to lie about it. 

Well yes, it proved Trump would get a briefing and go out and pretend to be the smartest guy in the room. It was embarrassingly ridiculous on its own, which is why there was never a need to interject lies.

So let me clarify your position:

Are you admitting you might have said "drink" or "ingest" in the past? 

Or are you saying emphatically you never uttered the words "drink" or "ingest" in the past?

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'm not MAGA and I don't care whether you say "drink" or "ingest" or simply misrepresent what happened during that speech. It's not necessary to lie about it. 

Well yes, it proved Trump would get a briefing and go out and pretend to be the smartest guy in the room. It was embarrassingly ridiculous on its own, which is why there was never a need to interject lies.

Or are you saying emphatically you never uttered the words "drink" or "ingest" in the past?

Don’t argue with ***** morons that that live in an alternate reality. 

They’ve shown they aren’t capable of honest conversation. Not sure why I tried this long. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I already addressed that:

From page 6, at the bottom:

"First while I can't guarantee it, I don't recall ever saying that. 

I originally read the transcript of his remarks very carefully.  I knew the word "drink" wasn't in it. And I knew the media was running with "drinking bleach" (disinfectant).  But it could have just a easily and justifiably been injecting bleach (disinfectant).

So I've tried to be careful to not use the word drink, instead referring to what he actually did say - the internal application of a disinfectant. But as I said, there are only two ways to do that:  eat/drink it, or inject it.  So logically one can assume he was referring one or both.

You can cling to your pedantic argument all you want, but it is moot to the point. 

(So get busy and locate a post where I said Trump recommended we "drink bleach".  While you're at it, show me where I've lied about anything substantive on this subject, and stop lying yourself.) :-\"

----------------------------

If you are interested in my comments, please read them carefully and stop making me go back to repeat myself.

(But thanks for proving my point about your mindless, pedantic argument.)

34 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'm not MAGA and I don't care whether you say "drink" or "ingest" or simply misrepresent what happened during that speech. It's not necessary to lie about it

Your following questions belies that statement:

And what exactly do you think I have "lied" about?

You folks are really quick to accuse someone of lying without even identifying what you think is false. 

That's a failure of intellect or character, if not both.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I already addressed that:

From page 6, at the bottom:

"First while I can't guarantee it, I don't recall ever saying that. 

So you're sticking with that? OK, a rather weasely approach. 

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I originally read the transcript of his remarks very carefully.  I knew the word "drink" wasn't in it. And I knew the media was running with "drinking bleach" (disinfectant).  But it could have just a easily and justifiably been injecting bleach (disinfectant).

So I've tried to be careful to not use the word drink, instead referring to what he actually did say - the internal application of a disinfectant. But as I said, there are only two ways to do that:  eat/drink it, or inject it.  So logically one can assume he was referring one or both.

Why not report accurately and in context? Was that too difficult or did it not meet your agenda? We both know the answer. Only one of us is willing to admit it.

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

(So get busy and locate a post where I said Trump recommended we "drink bleach".  While you're at it, show me where I've lied about anything substantive on this subject, and stop lying yourself.) :-\"

I'll not waste a second digging through the archives for you. I tried to get you to own up to your actions. To show some character. I failed. IIWII

14 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So you're sticking with that? OK, a rather weasely approach.

It is the truth. 

Is stating the truth "weasely" in your mind.  (I am not surprised.) Would it make you happy if I said instead, I may have?  (Which is essentially the same thing.)

Just keep in mind the rest of my post.  That was the truth also.

Edited by homersapien

19 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Why not report accurately and in context?

Was that too difficult or did it not meet your agenda? We both know the answer. Only one of us is willing to admit it.

What exactly have I posted on this subject that was inaccurate?

The rest of that is begging-the-question poo flinging.

My only "agenda" is to illustrate how unsuited from an intellectual and knowledge standpoint Trump is for the job.  Worse, he lacks the hubris and self-control to just keep his mouth shut.

What's your "agenda"?

Edited by homersapien

14 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'll not waste a second digging through the archives for you. I tried to get you to own up to your actions. To show some character. I failed. IIWII

I am so sorry to disappoint you. I'll try harder in the future to meet your expectations.  

Please don't feel bad about "failing".  

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

I am so sorry to disappoint you. I'll try harder in the future to meet your expectations.  

Please don't feel bad about "failing".  

:rolleyes:

To be clear, I feel bad for you. I tried. You didn't. Not complicated.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

To be clear, I feel bad for you. I tried. You didn't. Not complicated.

Like Trump, you just can't keep your mouth closed, can you?  :laugh: