Schiff Warns of Big Democratic Losses With Biden Atop Ticket

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

From the top article:

It found 28% of healthcare workers who took part in the survey admitted to feeling overwhelmed at least once a week, with 17% feeling burnt out every day.

This from August of 22.

From the other article:

Half of U.S. nurses providing patient care for COVID-19 feel emotionally overwhelmed, and nearly 30% say they are experiencing feelings of depression

This from September of 20

In 2020 half felt overwhelmed and half didn’t during the initial stages of the pandemic.  No one is saying they didn’t feel overwhelmed, but when help was sent, it wasn’t used.

Within two years the rate went down to less that 30% overwhelmed once a week.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Good thing your frequent misspeaking isn't being seriously held against you. Thank God for double standards, amiright?

I’m not running for president either.  Amiright?

Hijacking a Thread ...

If covid and the related is no longer a taboo topic, perhaps a moderator should make a thread and move the covid posts there.  This thread is about losses if Biden stays on the ticket. 

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

What's your excuse?

What's my excuse for Biden misspeaking and referring to VP Harris as Trump? 

Or I am guessing you thought you had a "gotcha" moment not realizing it was another Biden misspeak I worked in. 

Edited by wdefromtx
  • Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not running for president either.  Amiright?

So you having serious cognitive deficits is not a concern? Or does misspeaking not necessarily mean lying or serious cognitive deficits?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

If covid and the related is no longer a taboo topic, perhaps a moderator should make a thread and move the covid posts there.  This thread is about losses if Biden stays on the ticket. 

The rule about quackery is still on the board.  If you want to take the chance go ahead.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Where’s the sarcasm indicator here?  Or is there a link?

It was a joke based on the medical condition qualification above. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The rule about quackery is still on the board.  If you want to take the chance go ahead.

Probably with good reason. People still can't handle respecting if someone thinks they (vaccines) are right for themselves. Sad thing is just that alone will get you accused of quackery. 

Edited by wdefromtx
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Personally, I think Biden is their best shot. They don't have anyone that brings them together. 

9 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Personally, I think Biden is their best shot. They don't have anyone that brings them together. 

This was before June 27th, I’m now sure what happened on that date that changed the Dem’s mind on Joe.  Any guess?

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This was before June 27th, I’m now sure what happened on that date that changed the Dem’s mind on Joe.  Any guess?

LOL

All I can say is if it took that date for them to realize the obvious, they are idiots and you reap what you sow. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So you having serious cognitive deficits is not a concern? Or does misspeaking not necessarily mean lying or serious cognitive deficits?

Maybe I was foreseeing the future?

The Democrats are in a nearly impossible position.  Right now to me the only thing that beats Trump is Trump.  And that's certainly a possibility because of his mercurial nature and fat mouth.  But he also seems to have people around him this time he listens to that are curtailing some of his worst tendencies.  The fact that he more or less just shut up completely while Biden was getting roasted after the debate is a level of restraint heretofore unseen from him.

But absent an own goal, the White House is a lost cause for the Dems in my mind.  At least with Biden as the candidate.

So then you look to who's on the bench.  The natural next-up is the Vice President in these situations.  Problem is, I don't think the leadership of the DNC thinks Harris can win.  Whether you think it's because of racism and sexism, or that it's more about her personality, or how voters feel about her ability to do the job, I just don't think she has enough appeal to enough segments to overcome the deficit the debate has created.  Now, in past situations with a run of the mill white guy as VP, you'd quietly tell him you're looking elsewhere and move to another choice.  But this ain't that.  If you bypass Kamala, you're leapfrogging a woman and African-American to pick (most likely) a white guy like Andy Beshear, Josh Shapiro, Pete Buttigieg, etc.  Possibly a white woman in Gretchen Whitmer.  That is going to be a firestorm of criticism not only from the media but from their core constituents.  But, in my opinion, someone like Shapiro or Beshear is probably their best chance of turning this election around and making it close again.

My gut feeling is, shakily, that Biden will step down and Harris is going to be the sacrificial lamb they put forth and loses to Trump in November.  I think the play will be that they don't want to throw their next generation of stars like Shapiro or Beshear into this mess Biden's debate has created and get an undeserved loss hung on them.  They'll save them for 2028.  Harris they don't see as a long term POTUS possibility anyway so she'll take the L.  But putting her on there will at least stabilize things and get more Democratic voters to the polls to vote for Democrats down the ballot in the Senate and House and hopefully help them head off a clean sweep of the WH and both houses of Congress this fall.

37 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Probably with good reason. People still can't handle respecting if someone thinks they (vaccines) are right for themselves. Sad thing is just that alone will get you accused of quackery. 

Among people I know, choosing not to take the vaccine in and of itself didn't make me think they were quacky. It was when some of them started saying things about the vaccine "shedding" from other people and infecting them and affecting their hormones and periods, or altering their DNA and whatever else that I started questioning their reasoning. 

Some people chose to avoid the vaccines based on completely false and made up information, sadly, to the health detriment of a lot of people and their families. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Among people I know, choosing not to take the vaccine in and of itself didn't make me think they were quacky. It was when some of them started saying things about the vaccine "shedding" from other people and infecting them and affecting their hormones and periods, or altering their DNA and whatever else that I started questioning their reasoning. 

I get that, and I know some people that thought all kinds of conspiracy theories. 

Let me ask you this...is someone a quack if they had said when it came out "I am not getting it because it is new, and I just don't know about it when you see all these lawsuits because of side effects from "X" drug." 

People have a right to have some hesitation when plenty of drugs and additives get approved that should not have. 

But some, including many here think that is the same thing as someone saying "I am not getting it because it will make you grow a baby arm." 

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

You are the one confused. I am not confused about anything:

1.) I am referring to what IAM4AU posted....Biden repeatedly saying you will not get Covid if you get vaccinated. He spouted that for months and caught Covid. I find that hilarious (not that I want him to be sick) but just the irony of it all. You saying it only improves one's odds is irrelevant to people pointing out this. He said what he said, and we can only assume he either believed it or was outright lying. You can pick. 

2.)  Again, Trump getting the vaccine has nothing to do with what Biden said. I know Trump lies about a lot of things, but I do not recall him lying about how well the vaccine works. I could be wrong though. 

I somehow missed Biden over committing to the vaccines effectiveness in 2021. I just read an article - you’re right.

My general point was that when things go sideways there’s generally 2 reasons: 1) a mistake 2) a diabolical conspiracy. IMO certain personalities often run instantly to conspiracies  and deep state evil plans, and don’t consider the information available at the or simply a human screw up.

1 hour ago, SLAG-91 said:

Hijacking a Thread ...

A theory was was posted months ago that any thread mutates into an anti vaxing or transgender ragefest within 3 pages….

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

I somehow missed Biden over committing to the vaccines effectiveness in 2021. I just read an article - you’re right.

My general point was that when things go sideways there’s generally 2 reasons: 1) a mistake 2) a diabolical conspiracy. IMO certain personalities often run instantly to conspiracies  and deep state evil plans, and don’t consider the information available at the or simply a human screw up.

I think a lot of the conspiracies regarding the vaccines would have never happened if both sides would have just respected the other. Being if someone doesn't want to get it or that it is right for them, then who cares...not being called an anti-vaxxer. And on the flipside if someone wanted to get the vaccine they should not be called a sheep or whatever. 

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

A theory was was posted months ago that any thread mutates into an anti vaxing or transgender ragefest within 3 pages….

It's the political discourse version of "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon."

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

This was the same day he said it. He misspoke and when asked for clarification he immediately clarified it. If you want to make that out as something bigger than it is, go ahead. Why stop now?

I wonder what they think about Trump suggesting bleach as a treatment?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

They don't respond to such questions -

Untitled.webp.88982c60c273ca3f67393989569ef7c0.webp  

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I think a lot of the conspiracies regarding the vaccines would have never happened if both sides would have just respected the other. Being if someone doesn't want to get it or that it is right for them, then who cares...not being called an anti-vaxxer. And on the flipside if someone wanted to get the vaccine they should not be called a sheep or whatever. 

Again, they were trying to avoid overwhelming the health care system. 

To be clear, I hate things like seat belt laws for adults. My life, my choice - affects no one else. It’s when individual rights bump into societal safety (vaxing, guns,ect)where all hell breaks loose on how to balance.  ie In my lifetime there were debates about speed limits in some states and dui’s - same narratives.

There aren’t usually good answers - just the least crappy ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

When we fire Joe this won’t happen.

27 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I wonder what they think about Trump suggesting bleach as a treatment?  :rolleyes:

More denial.