Schiff Warns of Big Democratic Losses With Biden Atop Ticket

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Couldn't agree more. And doctors shouldn't have their careers ruined for stating their honest medical opinions. 

Agreed, and it turned political because as usual we all can't seem to respect other's views. 

It should have been that someone should be fine that someone thinks the rewards outweigh the risks and gets the vaccine and, on the flipside, if someone did not want to get it for themselves because they thought the risks outweighed the rewards. Should have been end of story there......but nope.

People even on this board lost their collective **** even if someone just said "It just came out, I want to wait and get some data on things if I want to just go right ahead and put that in my body." 

Had people just let others come around on things instead of trying to force it on everyone there would have not been as much push back. The moment one side felt like the other was trying to order something it was all over. 

Which, still to this day can't figure out why with so many parents and married people on this board could not figure this out. That is like relationship and parenting 101. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, creed said:

When you use terms like POS for Biden it makes me not take a lot of your feedback seriously. Biden is NOT a POS. He is old and feeble, but obviously has done good things for his constituency, and was respected by his peers. Otherwise, he would not have been in his position/s for soo long. However, like a good work horse his glory days are over and it's time to retire. 

Being a POS has nothing to do with what you were, its what you are at the present time.

What you call a President that forced your milatary to exit Afghanistan by 9-11-2021 for a photo op so he could be out of a bad situation on the 20th anniversary of 9-11?  And when your decision backfires you blame the previous administration for your failure?

Then for a retaliation this President authorizes an *Over the Horizon* operation that didn’t kill Taliban terrorist, but a family of 10 that was loading their car to help the displaced?  And no one was held responsible.

Then, during the dignified transfer of the soldiers lost, he acts like he has somewhere else to be as he checks his watch repeatedly?

Then, during the debate, he proudly proclaims during he administration no service member has lost their life?

And that is just one incident of his administration.

Going on, he forced (unconstitutionally) American citizens to take a vaccine that was not designed to fight (at the time) the current strain of COVID.  In doing that, he fired about 7,000 military members for non compliance not counting the private citizens that lost their jobs.

You may call him something else, but my discription is my opinion.

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

LOL with all the vaccine talk. 

People here just completely missed his point. The irony that Biden probably has every booster known to man and caught Covid….when forever and as documented in that and many other clips he says you won’t get Covid if you get vaccinated. 

It’s  a virus, it mutates constantly. The best current science can do is improve your odds/immune system to fight it. Same with flu shots.

You do know that trump was 1st in line for the first round and has had every booster since, right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s  a virus, it mutates constantly. The best current science can do is improve your odds/immune system to fight it. Same with flu shots.

You do know that trump was 1st in line for the first round and has had every booster since, right?

Well, I guess I’m not a MAGA as I have only had the two original shots.  Oh, and I have never had COVID.

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

What does a virus mutating and Trump have to do with what I said? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, I guess I’m not a MAGA as I have only had the two original shots.  Oh, and I have never had COVID.

I point about people missing the point, to have someone miss the point and then try to work Trump into the conversation. 🤣🤦‍♂️

Edited by wdefromtx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

What does a virus mutating and Trump have to do with what I said? 

Not sure what you’re confused about. Again, 1) the shots improve your odds of not getting it. That’s true for any anti viral. No one ever said it was an absolute fix all. 2) trump believed in the shot’s importance enough to take all of them.  

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Same on both counts for me as well. People have different robustness to their immune system.

Honestly I just don’t get the vax stuff. The crisis at the time was that the hospitals were max’d with the spikes of each variant.  They were simply trying to keep the health care system from totally collapsing by improving resistance. I have 2 people I knew die from it - it wasn’t a game. Nobody likes being “mandated” anything but there was panic and fear where this could go. I’m sure there were mistakes but the never ending antivax’ing Monday morning quarterbacking just gets tiresome.  Not every friggin thing is a conspiracy. Time to move on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Not sure what you’re confused about. Again, 1) the shots improve your odds of not getting it. That’s true for any anti viral. No one ever said it was an absolute fix all. 2) trump believed in the shot’s importance enough to take all of them.  

You are the one confused. I am not confused about anything:

1.) I am referring to what IAM4AU posted....Biden repeatedly saying you will not get Covid if you get vaccinated. He spouted that for months and caught Covid. I find that hilarious (not that I want him to be sick) but just the irony of it all. You saying it only improves one's odds is irrelevant to people pointing out this. He said what he said, and we can only assume he either believed it or was outright lying. You can pick. 

2.)  Again, Trump getting the vaccine has nothing to do with what Biden said. I know Trump lies about a lot of things, but I do not recall him lying about how well the vaccine works. I could be wrong though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Same on both counts for me as well. People have different robustness to their immune system.

Honestly I just don’t get the vax stuff. The crisis at the time was that the hospitals were max’d with the spikes of each variant.  They were simply trying to keep the health care system from totally collapsing by improving resistance. I have 2 people I knew die from it - it wasn’t a game. Nobody likes being “mandated” anything but there was panic and fear where this could go. I’m sure there were mistakes but the never ending antivax’ing Monday morning quarterbacking just gets tiresome.  Not every friggin thing is a conspiracy. Time to move on.

Our early images were Italian morgues at capacity and refrigerated trucks holding bodies in NYC. There was legitimate concern about the impact. Now we have idiots opposing all vaccines they'd taken for years. Sheer cult-like idiocy not excused by the over vigilant on the other side of the equation.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

You are the one confused. I am not confused about anything:

1.) I am referring to what IAM4AU posted....Biden repeatedly saying you will not get Covid if you get vaccinated. He spouted that for months and caught Covid. I find that hilarious (not that I want him to be sick) but just the irony of it all. You saying it only improves one's odds is irrelevant to people pointing out this. He said what he said, and we can only assume he either believed it or was outright lying. You can pick. 

2.)  Again, Trump getting the vaccine has nothing to do with what Biden said. I know Trump lies about a lot of things, but I do not recall him lying about how well the vaccine works. I could be wrong though. 

They said pretty similar things, actually.

"And if you take the vaccine you're protected, the results of the vaccine are good."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-renews-praise-covid-vaccines-one-greatest-achievements-mankind-n1286551

BIDEN, asked about vaccinated people who get infected: “It may be possible, I know of none where they’re hospitalized, in ICU and or have passed away so at a minimum I can say even if they did contract it, which I’m sorry they did, it’s such a tiny percentage and it’s not life threatening.” — remarks to reporters after the event.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-health-government-and-politics-coronavirus-pandemic-46a270ce0f681caa7e4143e2ae9a0211

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The whole point is you should have known your chances of getting and surviving COVID, but that isn’t how it was approached.  It was approached that every one was at risk of dying  if you contracted COVID no matter you health at the time.

With time, (and it didn’t take that long) we found out that if you were over weight (heaven forbid we fatshame) and you had another comorbidity you were at a higher risk, but not necessarily going to die.  

The *overwhelming* the health care system was nebulous at best.  Remember Trump sent a hospital ship to NYC after Cuomo panicked and it was hardly used.  Samaritan’s Purse set up a hospital in NYC and it, too, was hardly used.  Then we had the *rural* hospitals were going to be overwhelmed….ok.  Should we talk about the panick on respirators?  How about shutting down business and wearing mask and social distancing?  It was a cluster.

Yes, there were mistakes made, but if we don’t keep bringing them up an authoritative government will try to take advantage of an *emergency*.  JMO of course.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

"And if you take the vaccine you're protected, the results of the vaccine are good."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-renews-praise-covid-vaccines-one-greatest-achievements-mankind-n1286551

BIDEN, asked about vaccinated people who get infected: “It may be possible, I know of none where they’re hospitalized, in ICU and or have passed away so at a minimum I can say even if they did contract it, which I’m sorry they did, it’s such a tiny percentage and it’s not life threatening.” — remarks to reporters after the event.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-health-government-and-politics-coronavirus-pandemic-46a270ce0f681caa7e4143e2ae9a0211

Still, he's been documented saying you won't get Covid if you get the vaccine. That is fact. Based on this he was probably told by his handlers to quit saying it. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, wdefromtx said:

Still, he's been documented saying you won't get Covid if you get the vaccine. That is fact. Based on this he was probably told by his handlers to quit saying it. 

This was the same day he said it. He misspoke and when asked for clarification he immediately clarified it. If you want to make that out as something bigger than it is, go ahead. Why stop now?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

refrigerated trucks holding bodies in NYC.

I wonder if Cuomo didn’t panick and put COVID patients back in nursing homes if there would be a need for the refirgerated trucks?  America’s Mayor.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The *overwhelming* the health care system was nebulous at best.  Remember Trump sent a hospital ship to NYC after Cuomo panicked and it was hardly used.  Samaritan’s Purse set up a hospital in NYC and it, too, was hardly used.  Then we had the *rural* hospitals were going to be overwhelmed….ok.  Should we talk about the panick on respirators?  How about shutting down business and wearing mask and social distancing?  It was a cluster.

Nurses and doctors on the front lines felt very overwhelmed in many locations. Many hospitals were full. Folks were working around the clock. 

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I wonder if Cuomo didn’t panick and put COVID patients back in nursing homes if there would be a need for the refirgerated trucks?  America’s Mayor.

You know New York is a state as well as a city, right?

Nurses and doctors on the front lines felt very overwhelmed in many locations. Many hospitals were full. Folks were working around the clock. 

I’m not disputing there were concerns.  They felt overwhelmed is not being overwhelmed.  And of course there was the nurses that refused to take the vaccine and were fired in the height of the crisis.  A lot of inconsistencies.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You know New York is a state as well as a city, right?

Got me on that one…Americas Governor.  He panicked, thank God he wasn’t president.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

They felt overwhelmed is not being overwhelmed.

Yeah, why listen to what the folks are experiencing in the trenches when the interwebs is chock full of morons who know better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Yeah, why listen to what the folks are experiencing in the trenches when the interwebs is chock full of morons who know better. 

At the time there was no one disputing what they were experiencing.  Everyone were rooting for our medical professionals.  When things started to settle down is when people starting to wonder.  Why were the hospital ship underused when Cuomo begged to have them available for NY?

This was the same day he said it. He misspoke and when asked for clarification he immediately clarified it. If you want to make that out as something bigger than it is, go ahead. Why stop now?

It was a bigger thing back then when you take into account the vitriol from the left for people not wanting to get vaccinated. Or masks, yeah I remember when people lost their crap over masks. 

Maybe I am making it out to be bigger than it is, I guess I should be used to it as much as he misspeaks. Good for VP Trump staying up to date on his Covid shots too. 

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Maybe I am making it out to be bigger than it is, I guess I should be used to it as much as he misspeaks. Good for VP Trump staying up to date on his Covid shots too. 

What's your excuse?

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Got me on that one…Americas Governor.  He panicked, thank God he wasn’t president

Good thing your frequent misspeaking isn't being seriously held against you. Thank God for double standards, amiright?