Schiff Warns of Big Democratic Losses With Biden Atop Ticket

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

For the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th time, being vaccinated doesn't mean that you cannot get Covid.  It does mean that should you get a strain of Covid, you are much less likely to be hospitalized or die as a result.  That is just a fact, not an alternative fact.

Correct, it doesn't mean you cannot get Covid. However, we were told that it was much less likely (95% reduction) that you would be infected at all. It does not appear that was ever true. 

Edited by Cardin Drake

Y'know, you'd think that such a history-making appointment would have made a little more of an impact than to call him "the black man." Damn...

I guess he could have called him Steve Austin and then try to play it off as a Six Million Dollar Man gaffe.

Plus, what heat? Austin was confirmed 93-2. I think the heat Joe was feeling was maybe an elevated temperature from his illness.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Correct, it doesn't mean you cannot get Covid. However, we were told that it was much less likely (95% reduction) that you would be infected at all. It does not appear that was ever true. 

It was true for the original strains. It has since mutated, just as scientists said it likely would.

We've had flu vaccines for 100 years, but people still get the flu with them.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Have seen my doctors change on this. Saying for older and high risk get updated pneumonia and RSV. Benefits from Covid boosters are not worth it.

My dad's doctor put it this way.  He has never seen a negative side effect of a Covid booster, but he has seen the difference in how someone not vaccinated struggles compared to how someone vaccinated can usually be sent home.  He has an additional risk factor due to his COPD, but when he got Covid, he was able to get treated and return home.  Two of his unvaccinated friends died on vents in the ICU.

I don't have a problem with whatever people want to do.  My only problem is some people acting as though the Covid vaccine is somehow dangerous, while others are taken without much thought.  The truth is that the Covid vaccine has saved millions of lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

It was true for the original strains. It has since mutated, just as scientists said it likely would.

We've had flu vaccines for 100 years, but people still get the flu with them.

Exactly.  It really isn't hard to grasp, unless someone has been conditioned to be skeptical of vaccines in general.  I wish we would give the cigarette industry as hard of a time as we have given researchers that developed the vaccine.

Edited by AU9377

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Some seem to be willing to forego the good simply because something isn't perfect.  Almost no vaccines are perfect, but we are all healthier today because they have been developed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

My dad's doctor put it this way.  He has never seen a negative side effect of a Covid booster, but he has seen the difference in how someone not vaccinated struggles compared to how someone vaccinated can usually be sent home.  He has an additional risk factor due to his COPD, but when he got Covid, he was able to get treated and return home.  Two of his unvaccinated friends died on vents in the ICU.

I don't have a problem with whatever people want to do.  My only problem is some people acting as though the Covid vaccine is somehow dangerous, while others are taken without much thought.  The truth is that the Covid vaccine has saved millions of lives.

I was 100 percent for the vaccinations as well as my doctors. Had covid a few times and one time resulted in a hospital stay. My doctor and the infectious disease doctor both said having been vaccinated helped. Just found the answer odd when I asked about the latest booster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes I have and people are starting to pay attention.  The man is a liar and a pandering POS.

And yet, you will vote for him just to keep DJT out of the WH. 

Had it been virtually any other Republican candidate that  wouldn’t be true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Some seem to be willing to forego the good simply because something isn't perfect.  Almost no vaccines are perfect, but we are all healthier today because they have been developed.

I'm not anti-vax at all, and this thread isn't for that anyway. But I think it is fair to question the claims that were made about the safety and effectiveness of the covid vaccine.  The U.S. came out in the middle of the pack at best world-wide in regards to covid treatment and prevention, and that's not good enough.  Some introspection of how we could do better would be useful. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cardin Drake said:

I'm not anti-vax at all, and this thread isn't for that anyway. But I think it is fair to question the claims that were made about the safety and effectiveness of the covid vaccine.  The U.S. came out in the middle of the pack at best world-wide in regards to covid treatment and prevention, and that's not good enough.  Some introspection of how we could do better would be useful. 

It should have never been a political issue.

• Like 3

Just now, AU9377 said:

Couldn't agree more. And doctors shouldn't have their careers ruined for stating their honest medical opinions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes I have and people are starting to pay attention.  The man is a liar and a pandering POS.

And yet, you will vote for him just to keep DJT out of the WH. 

When you use terms like POS for Biden it makes me not take a lot of your feedback seriously. Biden is NOT a POS. He is old and feeble, but obviously has done good things for his constituency, and was respected by his peers. Otherwise, he would not have been in his position/s for soo long. However, like a good work horse his glory days are over and it's time to retire. 

8 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

There is nothing about the world that is static.  Things are always in a state of flux.

• Like 1

Headline: Top Democrats now believe Biden will exit

From Axios, so evaluate the credibility of the source as you see fit. But, all of the noise is giving Biden being replaced a sense of inevitability.

18 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

The U.S. came out in the middle of the pack at best world-wide in regards to covid treatment and prevention, and that's not good enough. 

Fair to say we would have done better had so many not worked against vaccination?

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Fair to say we would have done better had so many not worked against vaccination?

It's not that simple.  We had more deaths than any other country, even with a relatively high vaccination rate.  Our deaths per  capita was middle of the pack at best.  Vaccination rate vs. deaths per capita was not strongly correlated.  But I'll say this again, this thread is not the right spot for this, and I think we are still under boycott from discussing the topic.

6 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Anything that isn’t black and white is open to conspiracy - vaxing (drs), climate (scientists), elections (politicians), trials (judges), ect.  And therefore requires trust of someone’s judgement and integrity.   

All those professions are “elites” to maga - which inherently finds trust difficult to begin with. Throw in alt reality social media sites, and our society has … challenges.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Agree….still can’t get the taste of that damn bleach out of my system.

• Haha 4

Also, all of this talk about Biden being replaced has much more to do with the perception that he cannot win and much less about his relative competence...this is essentially competitive sports, the scoreboard numbers that matter are 270, 51 and 223 and no one wants to take a loss. Sports teams cut bait with underperforming players who may have formerly been all-stars or MVPs, because it's "what can you do for me now", and we may see the political equivalent of Joe being DFA'ed unfold. The debate was the precipitating event that started all of this rolling, and now that Democrats have cover for trying to force him out, they're attempting to take advantage of it.

If they thought he could win, his current state of competence would be irrelevant.

Neither team can take some sort of moral high ground here.  They want to hold on to what they've got, every last one of them. It's the Democrats that have this on their plate right now.  It might have been the Republicans in 1988 if Reagan were just finishing up his first term instead of his second.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Anything that isn’t black and white is open to conspiracy - vaxing (drs), climate (scientists), elections (politicians), trials (judges), ect.  And therefore requires trust of someone’s judgement and integrity.   

All those professions are “elites” to maga - which inherently finds trust difficult to begin with. Throw in alt reality social media sites, and our society has … challenges.

Transparency goes a long way in creating trust.  You would think it would be axiomatic that government scientists receiving royalties would be public information.  I can't think of a single legitimate reason that we don't know who was paid, the amounts that were received, and precisely what the royalties were for.  Yet we don't know any of those things.  There was a time when the left would have been leading the charge for transparency. 

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Transparency goes a long way in creating trust.  You would think it would be axiomatic that government scientists receiving royalties would be public information.  I can't think of a single legitimate reason that we don't know who was paid, the amounts that were received, and precisely what the royalties were for.  Yet we don't know any of those things.  There was a time when the left would have been leading the charge for transparency. 

There is currently a bi-partisan bill supported by both parties that will do just as you are suggesting. 

It's also not legal for the federal to receive more than $150,000/year in royalty payments , so we at least know some of the upper limits. 

The reality though is that the government can be as transparent as it possibly can be, and plenty of people will just believe they are faking the data or making fake documents. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not so fast, there maybe a development here:

A doctor would be putting a lot on the line to diagnose Biden with a medical condition.  Anything for the party though.

Joe Biden has been found to have a “small lead projectile” inside his skull. He is withdrawing from the race to allow another to take over…

42 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

It's not that simple.  We had more deaths than any other country, even with a relatively high vaccination rate.  Our deaths per  capita was middle of the pack at best.  Vaccination rate vs. deaths per capita was not strongly correlated.  But I'll say this again, this thread is not the right spot for this, and I think we are still under boycott from discussing the topic.

Uh, I don't think that's true.

https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2022-02/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf

Effectiveness did decline with waning of vaccine-derived immunity and emerging Omicron sublineages. 

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/72/wr/mm7206a3.htm

Regardless Leftfield was right, we'd have been much better off without politically driven resistance to vaccination.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2807617

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/covid-death-rates-higher-republicans-democrats-why-rcna50883

etc.

LOL with all the vaccine talk. 

People here just completely missed his point. The irony that Biden probably has every booster known to man and caught Covid….when forever and as documented in that and many other clips he says you won’t get Covid if you get vaccinated. 

Edited by wdefromtx
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Joe Biden has been found to have a “small lead projectile” inside his skull. He is withdrawing from the race to allow another to take over…

Where’s the sarcasm indicator here?  Or is there a link?